Seahawks Sign RB Carlos Hyde

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he can carry the load if needed and him and Carson are both violent runners, he can catch the ball also, may not be a real natural receiver but isn't going to tip off people either, we have Dallas an unknown but has to be more a contributor then Prosise was and Homer. This is really a pretty stacked backfield if they get healthy. Penny is a while off with this signing also, you committed to Hyde for a reason.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I like this move too.

I am not sure there is any reason to wait around for Penny and his limited flashes as an average backup RB. I’m confident there are a dozen or two UDFAs that can give us more than Penny ever did and even more that will be cut or put on practice squads

zchurch74

Reaction score
Did anyone see the story about Hyde having major surgery and may not be available week one? I know we got him pretty cheap but pick up another guy who was hurt and coming off injury?

Basis4day

Reaction score
zchurch74":2upf03y7 said:
Did anyone see the story about Hyde having major surgery and may not be available week one? I know we got him pretty cheap but pick up another guy who was hurt and coming off injury?

Every football player is injured. You just don’t hear about it. Kinda how no one knew Hyde even needed surgery last year but played 16 games.

Though the stories I see don’t say “major” surgery. Is that a direct quote? If so, where?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bobblehead":35dwgq5x said:
Was really hoping for Freeman, he's a player that can be effective coming out of the backfield for a Wilson Dump and handle perhaps 12 to 15 carries per game. We need that type of player.

DJ Dallas looks to have those skills. Whether or not he can bring them at an NFL level, we shall see.
I'm on board with the Hyde pickup. Seems like a good fit.

xray

Reaction score
I like this signing . Rumored to be 1 year for 4 mill . Makes me think that Penny might be out quite awhile and maybe we say goodbye to Prosise .

Tusc2000

Reaction score
What's surprising to me is that Hyde's only been in the league since 2014 -- feels like he's been around for a decade! Pretty solid at getting 900+ yards, 4.0 average and 6-8 TDs a year. If he splits time with Carson, that should keep both from getting too nicked up by December.

The $4 million deal is loaded with incentives, so if he is at the end of his career, it won't end up costing us that much. He had shoulder surgery in February. But if we can squeeze another good year or two out of him, it will be well worth the $$$.

Agree that it doesn't look good for Penny this year. Hopefully a full year off will get him ready for 2021.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3e2fjpm3 said:
I like this move too.

I am not sure there is any reason to wait around for Penny and his limited flashes as an average backup RB. I’m confident there are a dozen or two UDFAs that can give us more than Penny ever did and even more that will be cut or put on practice squads
I don't what RB you saw before Penny got hurt
and I don't see many with his skill and talent.
I want Penny back at 100% if it takes 6 more weeks so be it.
As for Hyde I like him as a plug in but you know if our RBs
keep getting hurt as usual then the Beast will be back.

DHawk

Reaction score
I like it. For the most part, the guy hasn't seen significant time in the starting role and he's been pretty good in his limited snaps.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Weak. I’d rather have Marshawn filling the hasbeen veteran role. Atleast he actually really has been someone in the league.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed we did not go RB higher in the draft as this seemed like a significant need. Hyde is a very good signing as he able to carry a full load. Agould take pressure off needing Carson or Penny to rush back before they are ready. A guys how can run inside, enough wiggle for the outside and has had some success catching the ball. A bit upgrade over a Mike Davis type.

jmahon316

Reaction score
TwilightError":p3oz1uwi said:
Weak. I’d rather have Marshawn filling the hasbeen veteran role. Atleast he actually really has been someone in the league.

Let us compare the differences between the two last year, shall we? Oh, wait, you don't want to? Then do a 180.

Edit: I love Marshawn, but let's not pretend that one is greater than the other when one has a 1000+ yard season last year and the other hasn't, despite their differences. THESE ARE ONLY FACTS, AFTER ALL. Prove me wrong, I DARE YOU.

toffee

Reaction score
Teams gave up on Hyde although he has been productive, why?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
He had a shoulder injury that he had surgery on in February, maybe that's why.

Rat

Reaction score
toffee":2k8yg363 said:
Teams gave up on Hyde although he has been productive, why?
BOB didn’t need Hyde after stealing the corpse of David Johnson, and for the low, low price of just his All-Pro wideout.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Big back!

Hard runner!

Like this addition. He adds quality depth, and could easily take the 1 spot from Carson which will make them both better.

Hope he can stay healthy.

Latest posts