Seahawks VERY ALIVE in the Wild Card Race

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
toffee":1p11rvth said:
If the Hawks makes the playoff, some folks on dot net would be very disappointed. Pete should win the coach if the year which is against the Fire Pete movement.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
It's been that way years now. The lack of activity after a win vs the explosion of threads after a loss tells you what everyone (obviously not everyone) wants to happen. This very loud contingent of fans have wanted Pete gone many years. It's only grown worse since Russell turned it into a him or Pete narrative. This season is their chance to feel vindicated after being wrong for years. Of course they're not happy to see us win games. Specially a game with Geno playing. There's no where else to turn to give credit to for the win. The only thing available is Jacksonville sucks.

If we somehow make it in this season, the melt will be impressive. It's a Longshot, but you never know

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":n2kr0ted said:
I'm certainly not saying this victory should be dismissed. It was great. Regardless of the strength of opponent, it was a short week, coming off an emotionally-draining loss on national tv, and the win was absolutely thorough: we dominated in nearly every aspect. This was exactly what we needed to do, and it could end up saving the season.

But what does it mean for the rest of the season? Is this team back on the playoff track we all expected before the year started? Kinda hard to tell from this game. It was a home win against arguably the league's worst team (personally, I'd put them second-worst after the Texans, even though the Texans beat them earlier this year), coming from across the country, with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach who looks way in over his head, and they lost their best player after four early carries. This wasn't exactly some epic triumph over adversity.

The bye week is coming at the right time. Unfortunately, our next game is at Lambeau against a Packers team on a seven-game winning streak, led by the reigning league MVP, and they just beat a 7-0 team without their top three wideouts (who are all expected back against us), top two corners, and two starting offensive linemen. Their head coach just set the NFL record for best winning percentage of all-time in their first 40 games. That is brutal.

And we HOPE we're getting our star QB back for it. And if Russ does return, we HOPE there won't be any lingering issues with his injury, but we really don't know. Russ has never even won at Lambeau healthy, and this is the first time in his career he has had to miss games.

A win would be absolutely incredible going forward, but this team will have to play a perfect game most likely. And I don't know that we can really afford the loss because the 3-5 start gives us so little margin of error. Realistically, we have to go no worse than 7-2 the rest of the way to maybe make the playoffs. We lose to the Pack, and suddenly that's 7-1 at worst we can be over the last eight games.

Season is nowhere near over, but I can't get on board with either extreme on the confidence spectrum.

Pretty sure people are optimistic about playoff chances while simultaneously chalking up the GB game as a loss.

Its the games that come after that will be the ones to watch

LTH

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":bpvhhiln said:
toffee":bpvhhiln said:
If the Hawks makes the playoff, some folks on dot net would be very disappointed. Pete should win the coach if the year which is against the Fire Pete movement.

It's been that way years now. The lack of activity after a win vs the explosion of threads after a loss tells you what everyone (obviously not everyone) wants to happen. This very loud contingent of fans have wanted Pete gone many years. It's only grown worse since Russell turned it into a him or Pete narrative. This season is their chance to feel vindicated after being wrong for years. Of course they're not happy to see us win games. Specially a game with Geno playing. There's no where else to turn to give credit to for the win. The only thing available is Jacksonville sucks.

If we somehow make it in this season, the melt will be impressive. It's a Longshot, but you never know

It's going to be a hard fought season... but there is NO quit in our Seahawks. People say Carroll lost the locker room but that is just NOT true... Far from it

I'm not exactly sure when Russ is coming back but I'm not going to be surprised if he misses more games than what people think... Coming back to soon would be a mistake on his part... I doubt he is going to come back for GB or AZ maybe AZ but If Geno keeps playing well who Knows...

Fortunately Geno is showing improvement... It was kind of unrealistic to believe he would come off the bench and play to Russ's level although we all hoped he would. I think it is realistic to think that he could come in and win some games for them...

He did a nice job of picking up some blitzes but then It's obvious that he is not as fast as Russ... Its going to be interesting to see how he plays against GB... Hopefully the O line gets healthy and stay's healthy I think he proved he can be good if he has some protection... People have said Geno isn't an accurate passer but that's not what I saw today I think he is very accurate he made some really tight accurate throws to both DK and Lockett

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":fv8z1fma said:

Yeah, the lack of activity couldn't be due to today being a holiday. "Explosion of threads" is an enormous understatement, at least for this season.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":261vo7a9 said:
scutterhawk":261vo7a9 said:
Rat":261vo7a9 said:
Welshers":261vo7a9 said:
Buddy if you haven't noticed this place isn't very active anymore. I don't see them harm in someone trying to get some discussion going. I happen to be someone who is not all doom and gloom yet and still believes in this team. Not sure why that makes yoau guys so mad.
Optimism is fine. Your posts are so frequent and over-the-top, that they dont even sound like they're trying to generate discussion. It feels more like you want to convince yourself of something or want to be recognized as the best superfan or something. Like that one last week where you said that we're still the favorites to win the NFC West? Come on...
Why the Buzz Kill, Rat, did somebody pee in your cheerios? :17:

Seriously. We're 3 - 5 but have lost against some pretty strong teams at a period when we were struggling to get on track.

Titans, Saints, Rams, Steelers - nothing there to sneeze at and again, we plaid badly and were without Wilson for 3 and Carson for 4.

And it's not as though the teams were competing against for the wildcard are lighting it up. 2nd half is easier, save for the games within the division, and doesn't matter what the records say, they're always up for grabs- we should have won the Rams game.

I just think its finny that all the stat guys say the teams that beat us all suck... ive always said you can not look at the stats as a whole (rankings) to tell how good a team is... its how good they are playing now that matters and looking at where the Seahawks D is now is a perfect example of that... they were like the second worst D in the league stat wise but they are playing much better than the stats represent.. not saying all their issues are completely fixed but this D is consistantly getting better every week and Carroll has to be feeling good about the progress..progress on both sides of the ball...

We will see how good this team is in the coming weeks GB is going to be a really good test .. these challenges are what Carroll really loves... the some how manage to beat GB and that one game could propell the Hawks on a nice run...

Just my take

LTH

hawker84

Reaction score
toffee":3gbcnj9q said:

Lol at all the chest thumping after beating the happless Jaguars..
Making the playoffs is one thing, making it to the conference title game is something totally different. So who cares if the stumble into the playoffs. They're not good enough to tangle with the big boys. Not this season. And certainly doesn't have the coaching... just enjoy the win and the bye, come Sunday after next, it gets real...

Rat

Reaction score
hawker84":3eusuog4 said:
toffee":3eusuog4 said:

Making the playoffs is one thing, making it to the conference title game is something totally different. So who cares if the stumble into the playoffs. They're not good enough to tangle with the big boys. Not this season. And certainly doesn't have the coaching... just enjoy the win and the bye, come Sunday after next, it gets real...

If we make the playoffs, it sure won't be "stumbling in". It would probably mean winning at least 7 of our last 9 games.

LTH

Reaction score
The vikings and Cards lose it was a good day

getnasty

Reaction score
Really needed the Bucs to win to make it a great day but exciting to at least be back in the hunt.

toffee

Reaction score
hawker84":fe5ctsn9 said:
toffee":fe5ctsn9 said:

You missed chanting " Fire Pete " at the end of your post. After making your stand that the Hawk couldn't win even if somehow "luck" I to the playoff. You MUST end with fire Pete.

toffee

Reaction score
Rat":vt63b7o2 said:
hawker84":vt63b7o2 said:
toffee":vt63b7o2 said:

If we make the playoffs, it sure won't be "stumbling in". It would probably mean winning at least 7 of our last 9 games.

You so not getting it, to most of dot net: if the Hawks make it into the playoff, it's either 'luck" or "stumpling" in. And if we lost in the playoff, it's "predictable", since we are coach by no e other than Pete Carroll.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Well, we do have a chance. The wildcards as of now would be NO, Minnesota and LA. Minnesota is probably are most likely contender as they sit at 3-4 right now. That being said, they hold a tie-breaker over us and play in a weaker division than us sans the Packers. They get to play the Lions and Bears twice, we have to face the Cardinals and Rams twice.

That being said, I have some serious doubts about this team. If we do make it to the playoffs we're likely looking at a swift exit. This current roster has some serious holes and problematic injuries.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
toffee":3sffxfgl said:
You so not getting it, to most of dot net: if the Hawks make it into the playoff, it's either 'luck" or "stumpling" in. And if we lost in the playoff, it's "predictable", since we are coach by no e other than Pete Carroll.

Have you paid any attention the past 6 years? Losing in the playoffs is predictable for this team because thats what they do.

hawker84

Reaction score
toffee":2rvc70vs said:
Rat":2rvc70vs said:
hawker84":2rvc70vs said:
toffee":2rvc70vs said:

If you and others think this seahawk team is a contender this season, then I don't know what to tell you. Hope I'm wrong, will gladly eat a plate full of crow, and whatever else, but I'm not wrong. Nor have I been wrong about Pete all these years. This team is is not a contender this season, and Pete Carroll is not a good Head Coach.

I'll go even further. We will never sniff a conference title until three things happen.
1. We get a real offensive line
2. We get a real defensive line, specifically interior.
3. We get a new head coach.

toffee

Reaction score
hawker84":28ac4zbe said:
toffee":28ac4zbe said:
Rat":28ac4zbe said:
hawker84":28ac4zbe said:

If you and others think this seahawk team is a contender this season, then I don't know what to tell you. Hope I'm wrong, will gladly eat a plate full of crow, and whatever else, but I'm not wrong. Nor have I been wrong about Pete all these years. This team is is not a contender this season, and Pete Carroll is not a good Head Coach.

I'll go even further. We will never sniff a conference title until three things happen.
1. We get a real offensive line
2. We get a real defensive line, specifically interior.
3. We get a new head coach.
Nice rebuttal, totally took all the wind out of trying to make the playoff this season as it would would destroy the chance to fire Pete.
but you forgot to end your argument with "Fire Pete Now".

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
If Russell comes back after the bye and we somehow manage to upset Green Bay, then we're in business. Until then, I'll keep the expectations low.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Welshers":1nx91int said:
Stud":1nx91int said:
And it only took beating the worst team in the leauge to do so!!!!
The Lions are objectively (by record) the worst team in the league, not the Jags. Also, the Seahawks beat the Jags more convincingly and held them to less points than anyone else did all year. It was a good outcome, like it or not.

That's with us coming off a short week and them a bye.

The Jaguars are worse than the Lions.

You have to look beyond record. Jaguars defense is 32nd in DVOA. Lions have faced tougher opponents and are in a tougher division.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I think we can make the playoffs. Not because Pete is suddenly a genius head coach, and not because I don't think he should be replaced. I just happen to be in the minority believing Russell Wilson is an all time great. And all time greats go on ridiculous winning streaks against tough opponents

James in PA

Reaction score
I would feel much better about our playoff chances if we didn’t have to play at Lambeau following the bye. That’s been a house of horrors for the Seahawks. They’ll probably find a way to keep it close, but still lose. They also have to play their other worst matchup one more time: The Rams. Assuming they lose those 2, there is NO more room for error. They would basically have run the table, which includes sweeping the Cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Welshers":1qpelgr1 said:
Rat":1qpelgr1 said:
Is there some kind of monetary award you're hoping to get with all these threads? They're getting cringy.
Buddy if you haven't noticed this place isn't very active anymore. I don't see them harm in someone trying to get some discussion going. I happen to be someone who is not all doom and gloom yet and still believes in this team. Not sure why that makes you guys so mad.

Welsher, Love ya man! Don't let all these negative posts get the upper hand. They are just people that have never experienced positive thoughts in their whole life. KEEP IT UP!