Seahawks way too early 2025 four round mock draft

Chevy

Reaction score
Well its has been an exciting start, for me, to the rebuilding of the Seahawks roster. The 2023 draft we got impactful linemen on both sides of the ball. The 2025 draft I think we will see more exciting playmakers, at skill positions, drafted by the Seahawks. I've taken a look at some of the top 150 prospects. My 1st round pick for the Seahawks is more of projection based on what I have seen from the top rated QB prospects. I have the Seahawks picking at #20 in the 1st round, I also included our 4th round compensatory pick.

1st round #20 - (QB) Will Howard 6'4" 237 lbs, Ohio State:
Howard is a big, fairly athletic QB with a strong arm. He previously played at Kansas State, but transferred to Ohio State this year. He is a QB to keep your eye on during the upcoming college football season.

2nd round #52 - (WR) Isaiah Bond 5'11" 180 lbs, Texas: Bond is another transfer, he previously played at Alabama. Bond has great quickness and speed. If the Seahawks move on from Tyler Lockett and his contract, then Bond would be a great addition to replace him.

3rd round #84 - (S) Kamren Fabiculanan 6'1" 196 lbs, Washington: Kam doesn't have a lot of starting experience, but he was highly recruited as CB/athlete coming out of highschool. He is one to keep an eye on if you watch U-Dub football.

4th round #117 - (ILB) Francisco Mauigoa 6'3" 230 lbs, Miami: There looks to be some really good ILB in the 2025 draft, but we would need to use a 1st round pick on one of the top ILB. Mauigoa is not the elite athlete at ILB like a few of the other guys, but he still looks to have good athleticism and he was highly productive this past year. In 2023 he had 82 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, 1 interception, 3 PBUs, and 2 forced fumbles. I think we would be a great fit in our scheme.

4th round #130 (comp pick) - (DT) Alfred Collins 6'5" 317 lbs, Texas: Collins has a nice combination of size, length, and athleticism for a man his size. He is raw as a pass rusher and not the greatest at getting off blocks when playing DT. He looks better when playing 3-4 DE and he has more space to work with. He would be good depth for us at DE/DT.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I’ve seen Howard isn’t even sure to win the starting job at Ohio St. honestly he is the weak link at Ohio St, not sure he is an nfl qb, much less 1st round. He for sure isn’t better than the QB that will be starting at KState this year.

If you want a QB 2026 will have some studs.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
1st round QB again, sorry your draft starts out unrealistic, we won't go there as much as many think that's the only answer to success.

seabowl

Reaction score
Awesome, no need to watch next year’s draft now knowing the picks the Seahawks will make.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I’ve seen Howard isn’t even sure to win the starting job at Ohio St. honestly he is the weak link at Ohio St, not sure he is an nfl qb, much less 1st round. He for sure isn’t better than the QB that will be starting at KState this year.

If you want a QB 2026 will have some studs.

Please provide a link to where you saw he isn't going to start and is the weak link. Ohio St recruited him to come to their team, they would not have brought him in if they saw him as a bad QB who can't start at a much lower tier school. Nor would he have transferred to Ohio St if he got that vibe from Ohio State, he also had USC trying to get him as well.

It sounds like you are just making stuff up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
1st round QB again, sorry your draft starts out unrealistic, we won't go there as much as many think that's the only answer to success.

How is it unrealistic?

"we won't go there"... do you mean in that we won't draft a QB in the 1st round? or that particular QB? If it the latter then, yeah I understand the push back. If it's the former then it just a doesn't hold much weight given its a definitive statement. Opinions and debate are great! But, definitive statements from fans, like they have inside knowledge from the GM, are overreaching and making stuff up to be more authoritative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Awesome, no need to watch next year’s draft now knowing the picks the Seahawks will make.

I guess you have never seen the thousands of mock drafts, every year, that are done prior to anyone knowing the draft order.

toffee

Reaction score
Well its has been an exciting start, for me, to the rebuilding of the Seahawks roster. The 2023 draft we got impactful linemen on both sides of the ball. The 2025 draft I think we will see more exciting playmakers, at skill positions, drafted by the Seahawks. I've taken a look at some of the top 150 prospects. My 1st round pick for the Seahawks is more of projection based on what I have seen from the top rated QB prospects. I have the Seahawks picking at #20 in the 1st round, I also included our 4th round compensatory pick.

Howard is a big, fairly athletic QB with a strong arm. He previously played at Kansas State, but transferred to Ohio State this year. He is a QB to keep your eye on during the upcoming college football season.

2nd round #52 - (WR) Isaiah Bond 5'11" 180 lbs, Texas: Bond is another transfer, he previously played at Alabama. Bond has great quickness and speed. If the Seahawks move on from Tyler Lockett and his contract, then Bond would be a great addition to replace him.

3rd round #84 - (S) Kamren Fabiculanan 6'1" 196 lbs, Washington: Kam doesn't have a lot of starting experience, but he was highly recruited as CB/athlete coming out of highschool. He is one to keep an eye on if you watch U-Dub football.

4th round #117 - (ILB) Francisco Mauigoa 6'3" 230 lbs, Miami: There looks to be some really good ILB in the 2025 draft, but we would need to use a 1st round pick on one of the top ILB. Mauigoa is not the elite athlete at ILB like a few of the other guys, but he still looks to have good athleticism and he was highly productive this past year. In 2023 he had 82 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, 1 interception, 3 PBUs, and 2 forced fumbles. I think we would be a great fit in our scheme.

4th round #130 (comp pick) - (DT) Alfred Collins 6'5" 317 lbs, Texas: Collins has a nice combination of size, length, and athleticism for a man his size. He is raw as a pass rusher and not the greatest at getting off blocks when playing DT. He looks better when playing 3-4 DE and he has more space to work with. He would be good depth for us at DE/DT.

None of these guys would be available to us, remember with young Macdonald's system Hawks are going deep into the playoff? Last season's 9-8 is in the past, with young Macdonald's system, we maybe 11-6 if not 12-5.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Please provide a link to where you saw he isn't going to start and is the weak link. Ohio St recruited him to come to their team, they would not have brought him in if they saw him as a bad QB who can't start at a much lower tier school. Nor would he have transferred to Ohio St if he got that vibe from Ohio State, he also had USC trying to get him as well.

It sounds like you are just making stuff up.
Watch any tOSU video, it was a dead heat all spring. And how is he the weak link? Because he isn’t great. If Ohio St could have gotten Gabriel, they would have taken him instead. Howard was the 3 best transfer QB.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I do look forward to seeing your mock drafts you put a lot of time and effort into them. It is still very early yet for me to get a good handle of the players coming out. IMO JS is working well with MM as far as getting players that fit the system, time will tell the drafting style

i don’t see the Hawks drafting a QB this year before the 3rd rd much less the 1st

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score

I really really like Will Howard. I would love to have a chance to get him. We’ve kicked the can down the road long enough at QB. If Howell proves he is the future, then great. If not, then Howard would be my choice. Nice draft

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Watch any tOSU video, it was a dead heat all spring. And how is he the weak link? Because he isn’t great. If Ohio St could have gotten Gabriel, they would have taken him instead. Howard was the 3 best transfer QB.

Well I looked at comments from OSU fans from videos, and it's not a consensus like you make it out to be. The 3rd best transfer is a starter on the top-10 ranked teams. You saying "he for sure won't be the starter at Kansas State" is again you making stuff up!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I do look forward to seeing your mock drafts you put a lot of time and effort into them. It is still very early yet for me to get a good handle of the players coming out. IMO JS is working well with MM as far as getting players that fit the system, time will tell the drafting style

i don’t see the Hawks drafting a QB this year before the 3rd rd much less the 1st

We need to stop kicking the young future QB down the road. How long do we keep doing this? Are we good with building around a league average QB (Geno)?

I just don't see the road map to a Super Bowl without a Legit QB. I like Geno, maybe he can get us there if we build the defense for another year or two to be dominate. But, by then Geno will be hitting the QB wall.

It seems obvious that JS was wanting to trade Geno this offseason and didn't have any takers. So to think Geno is our franchise QB beyond this year is nonsensical.

I know Future QBs is a huge hot topic. I like putting out mock drafts with different positions and names at to what round I think they will be drafted. I always change up positions and prospects with each mock draft.

Future QB would be a good new post on the main forum. I wasn't looking to spark a debate on future QBs with this mock. Just trying to spark interest in prospects for the Seahawks.

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
We need to stop kicking the young future QB down the road. How long do we keep doing this? Are we good with building around a league average QB (Geno)?

I just don't see the road map to a Super Bowl without a Legit QB. I like Geno, maybe he can get us there if we build the defense for another year or two to be dominate. But, by then Geno will be hitting the QB wall.

It seems obvious that JS was wanting to trade Geno this offseason and didn't have any takers. So to think Geno is our franchise QB beyond this year is nonsensical.

I know Future QBs is a huge hot topic. I like putting out mock drafts with different positions and names at to what round I think they will be drafted. I always change up positions and prospects with each mock draft.

Future QB would be a good new post on the main forum. I wasn't looking to spark a debate on future QBs with this mock. Just trying to spark interest in prospects for the Seahawks.
I agree that Geno isn’t the solution I do think that they will give Howell a shot in 2025. In the post draft press conference a reporter asked JS what the plan at QB is, John had a WTF look and asked “Are you serious” based on that the solution is on the roster

When i think of a Seahawks mock draft it comes down to what would JS and MM do? I have a feeling Schneider will draft and build the team differently with MM than he did with PC

i don‘t have a problem with drafting a QB it needs to be an upgrade and not drafting a QB just to draft a QB, I do think Howell can become a top 10 QB for the Hawks which could be good enough

CPHawk

Reaction score
I like your post, so don’t think I’m attacking you. I’m not at all. Just Howard is a long shot to even be a 2nd rounder, unless he plays out of his mind.

I just don’t see many NFL quality QBs in this draft. Beck could be good, I think Millroe stock will
Go up playing for Debore. And if we have a shot at him, he would be a good selection.

I know Sanders is popular because of his name, but I’m not seeing a top 5 pick with him. If the Seahawks had a top 5 pick and took him, I’d be really disappointed.

I really like Avery Johnson in 2026 and Donte Moore would be an ideal fit for Grubb.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
How is it unrealistic?

"we won't go there"... do you mean in that we won't draft a QB in the 1st round? or that particular QB? If it the latter then, yeah I understand the push back. If it's the former then it just a doesn't hold much weight given its a definitive statement. Opinions and debate are great! But, definitive statements from fans, like they have inside knowledge from the GM, are overreaching and making stuff up to be more authoritative.
Two things we brought in a young guy that is actually younger and better they all but the top 1 or 2 drafted this year, secondly Schnieder will pick a guy as a developmental player or if a guy falls that is rated higher, kinda like Rodgers did. Third we have a team to build, QB is the last piece we would draft high, John likes to get more picks.

Why it is unrealistic and impracticable at this specific time.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great stuff Chevy. I've always liked your posts, especially your draft stuff. Thank you for putting in the time and effort to put it out there. I respect that.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Two things we brought in a young guy that is actually younger and better they all but the top 1 or 2 drafted this year, secondly Schnieder will pick a guy as a developmental player or if a guy falls that is rated higher, kinda like Rodgers did. Third we have a team to build, QB is the last piece we would draft high, John likes to get more picks.

Why it is unrealistic and impracticable at this specific time.

I am somewhat in agreement that Howell has real talent, but that is not the consensus. Also, JS has backed Geno as the starter, so that means few reps and a backseat for Howell. But, to say Howell is better than all but the the top 1 or 2 QBs drafted this year is huge reach. If that were the case teams would have traded a 1st round pick for Howell.

Drafting a QB in the middle of the 1st round is obviously not what you want, but that does not make it unrealistic. It's also not impracticable at this time, the Seahawks were one of a few teams that tried to trade up for Penix (who is a QB). You are overstating your opinion, by using in unrealistic like it's the vast majority of the opinion of fans, GMs, and coaching staffs.

You are just way overreaching to make you point seem valid. I'm cool with debating, but people making definitive statements and using dismissive words to seem authoritative or more informed is a waste of both our time.

12forlife

Reaction score
With looking @ the '25 top 100 prospects, I see us in round 1 going with 1 of these positions based on need & BPA, should be some studs available at these positions in the 20's.
DE
ILB
WR
Saftey

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
With looking @ the '25 top 100 prospects, I see us in round 1 going with 1 of these positions based on need & BPA, should be some studs available at these positions in the 20's.
DE
ILB
WR
Saftey

I would also throw in NT/DT and underrated QBs. You seemed to put time into the next years draft, so who are your top-5 favorite prospects (for the Seahawks) in the first round of 2024?