Seattle Kraken Hockey

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2o4hkucn said:

Cor RECT.

And I'm clearly far from alone in that opinion. The reveal is barely a few hours old and the team name, jerseys, and logos are already the laughing stock of the sports world. Getting absolutely shredded everywhere.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Chapow":315txpem said:
SoulfishHawk":315txpem said:

Cor rect**.

And I'm clearly far from alone in that opinion. The reveal is barely a few hours old and the team name, jerseys, and logos are already the laughing stock of the sports world. Getting absolutely shredded everywhere.

I'm seeing a massive amount of props for the name and uni's. We see what we want to see, probably applies here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Then don't watch the team, it's real simple. Geezus. Stupid thing to get worked up about. If you're gonna' let the opinion of others dictate what you do, not sure what to tell you. So SOME people don't like it. Who gives a crap?

Chapow

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3sutqqx7 said:
Chapow":3sutqqx7 said:
SoulfishHawk":3sutqqx7 said:

Cor rect**.

I'm seeing a massive amount of props for the name and uni's. We see what we want to see, probably applies here.

If you are seriously not seeing all the jokes, and pointing and laughing, then you were probably correct when you said "We see what we want to see, probably applies here." Right after "I'm seeing a massive amount of props for the name and uni's."

;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chapow":1o5ijs5p said:
SoulfishHawk":1o5ijs5p said:

Cor RECT.

Hmmm seeing a lot of fans from other teams on the HF hockey boards saying they hit a home run with the name, colors,
Jerseys, and logos. To each his own I guess.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I love everything about it.

The theme, the colors, the secondary logo (which is one of the best in sports) , the in arena presentation that you will be able to do with this theme and the menacing red eye, the videos you can make when a pod of orcas come down from the BC coast, the inevitable squid being thrown on the ice, that the arena is sunken and the Kraken come from the depths. It's all so unique.

Reading about the world record massive squid near Tacoma, and how the S on the chest honors the Metropolitans it all ties together nicely.

Pumped to see Jonathan Quick, PK Subban, Tyler Johnson, TJ Oshie et all suit up in 2021!

The krak-head, krak-house puns will be worn out by dads over 50 in air monarchs in due time.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
KinesProf":22ooo8q0 said:
I love everything about it.

The theme, the colors, the secondary logo (which is one of the best in sports) , the in arena presentation that you will be able to do with this theme and the menacing red eye, the videos you can make when a pod of orcas come down from the BC coast, the inevitable squid being thrown on the ice, that the arena is sunken and the Kraken come from the depths. It's all so unique.

Reading about the world record massive squid near Tacoma, and how the S on the chest honors the Metropolitans it all ties together nicely.

Pumped to see Jonathan Quick, PK Subban, Tyler Johnson, TJ Oshie et all suit up in 2021!

The krak-head, krak-house puns will be worn out by dads over 50 in air monarchs in due time.
So steal a time honored tradition from Detroit of throwing a squid on the ice?

Your boys will come out of a squid tunnel to either of these clips:
https://youtu.be/38AYeNGjqg0

https://youtu.be/pRvIfjglF_I

Or maybe this

https://youtu.be/BQpgIJUh9D4

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Can't believe the negativity here. I was for Kraken from the very start. I think it's a baddass name! And if nothing else, for the announcer on our home ice for player intros "RELEASE, THE KRAKEN!!!". I'll have goosebumps!!

Maulbert

Reaction score
BlueThunder":yazuyanf said:
Can't believe the negativity here. I was for Kraken from the very start. I think it's a baddass name! And if nothing else, for the announcer on our home ice for player intros "RELEASE, THE KRAKEN!!!". I'll have goosebumps!!

Congrats, Krakhead. Will you be taking the krakpipe (highway 99 tunnel) to the krakhouse (Climate Pledge Arena) to listen to Krakrock during stoppages?

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":e09zeg2r said:
BlueThunder":e09zeg2r said:

Congrats, Krakhead. Will you be taking the krakpipe (highway 99 tunnel) to the krakhouse (Climate Pledge Arena) to listen to Krakrock during stoppages?

Yeah and SeaChickens and Seahags were what people were calling the Seahawks also along with making fun of our original Totem logo and saying there is no such thing as a Seahawk, remember all that, also we ripped off the Cowboys Uniforms.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh and for legit reasons, CrackHead and Krackhead would mean tow different things now :)

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":2zycmfjn said:
Maulbert":2zycmfjn said:
BlueThunder":2zycmfjn said:

Yeah and SeaChickens and Seahags were what people were calling the Seahawks also along with making fun of our original Totem logo and saying there is no such thing as a Seahawk, remember all that, also we ripped off the Cowboys Uniforms.

Krakhead is MUCH worse. As if Seattle needs to be MORE associated with crack use.

chris98251

Reaction score
C03659437f85edf36560c4f6c1667122

I could see stuff like this happening also and the Team catching on to it and doing some of their own things

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Chapow":3ufe4sh9 said:
twisted_steel2":3ufe4sh9 said:
Chapow":3ufe4sh9 said:
SoulfishHawk":3ufe4sh9 said:

Cor rect****.

If you are seriously not seeing all the jokes, and pointing and laughing, then you were probably correct when you said "We see what we want to see, probably applies here." Right after "I'm seeing a massive amount of props for the name and uni's."

;)

I never said I don't see all the jokes, there cant be both? :Dunno:
People can't have both opinions?

IMHO I'm seeing lots of props, you're seeing the name shredded everywhere. Again, I think we focus on what we want to see. No biggie.

The insults etc were always going to be there, were the 32nd team in, the new guys.

Some of ya'll need to thicken that skin up, and stop caring what opposing fans think. :Dunno:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Maulbert":2gkfb6y4 said:
chris98251":2gkfb6y4 said:
Maulbert":2gkfb6y4 said:
BlueThunder":2gkfb6y4 said:

Krakhead is MUCH worse. As if Seattle needs to be MORE associated with crack use.

We're much more of a heroin town. :D