Seattle Media

zchurch74

Reaction score
Why doesn’t the Seattle media press Pete more on why we consistently let teams back in. Why do the let him get off with bs answers and not push the subject. I don’t get why they won’t ask him if it’s a coaching issue and if so why does it continue to happen. This has been a pattern for a couple years. We just do not know how to put teams away.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm torn regarding this particular game, because normally I would be annoyed like in the Viikings game. But toay 4 starters out on D and then lost Diggs and Wagner. And they didnt really let the foot off the gas on O. They took a deep shot on third down to Metcalf on the 2nd last series and then were willing to throw the ball and convert to get the first down to Lockett.

Also, instead of playing it safe and going up by 16, they went for it on 4th and 1 and got the TD.

pmedic920

Reaction score
zchurch74":5tukof4q said:
Why doesn’t the Seattle media press Pete more on why we consistently let teams back in. Why do the let him get off with bs answers and not push the subject. I don’t get why they won’t ask him if it’s a coaching issue and if so why does it continue to happen. This has been a pattern for a couple years. We just do not know how to put teams away.

Do you think Pete would change ANYTHING because of pressure from the local media?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
zchurch74":12mzbev3 said:
What would the point be to press him? You know as well as I do that is not going to change the way he does things. Pete's been doing it his way for a long time and he's been pretty successful. He'll just answer the question then go back and do it again.

chris98251

Reaction score
zchurch74":rgdmfwaj said:

Seattle media won't press him because if they do they limit access, that's a death nail for local media. Has been tried before and they become unemployed due to drop in listening audience or get moved to another coverage.

Coach speak and the Organization first is the mantra and that includes media.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":357777zt said:
I'm torn regarding this particular game, because normally I would be annoyed like in the Viikings game. But toay 4 starters out on D and then lost Diggs and Wagner. And they didnt really let the foot off the gas on O. They took a deep shot on third down to Metcalf on the 2nd last series and then were willing to throw the ball and convert to get the first down to Lockett.

Also, instead of playing it safe and going up by 16, they went for it on 4th and 1 and got the TD.
So much this on today's game. That last drive, we were lucky enough to slow them down just enough and the O was able to get the 1st downs to run out the clock.

I was actually a bit pissed on that throw to DK. There wasn't somebody to check down to? :34853_doh:

I saw the coaches talking to Russ after that. I don't think I was the only one wondering about it. :twisted:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":cp93n646 said:

Well said. Completely agree

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2kto1sxc said:

LOL, Ya, I find it funny that just how many Posters use to scream about Pete just settling for Field Goals.
I think Pete was comfortable with the Idea of Chris Carson running the ball for the first down, his " BeastMode" type pounding of the rock for the TD was just icing on the cake.

sutz

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1l3zx3cv said:
HawkRiderFan":1l3zx3cv said:

LOL, Ya, I find it funny that just how many Posters use to scream about Pete just settling for Field Goals.
I think Pete was comfortable with the Idea of Chris Carson running the ball for the first down, his " BeastMode" type pounding of the rock for the TD was just icing on the cake.
On that play, I had no problem either way, really. A figgie makes it a 3 score game. A first down kills a ton more clock. And a TD is awesome!

Most times, I'll bet on Carson getting at least one. And if we get stuffed, having them on the 5 yard line is not so bad of an outcome.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We're not the East Coast. Simple as that. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest and spent 5 years on the East Coast. It's like living on two different planets.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3luvy1sj said:
Because we won

Why is this so hard for some to understand?

JFC this place. This game was never in doubt. Never!

Basis4day

Reaction score
I recall numerous times that the local media has asked about the hawks tendency to have close games no matter the opponent. The Bucs game in the good SB season for starters. It isn’t a secret.

Not sure what the OP really wants here. You want Bob Condotta to tell Pete how to really coach a game despite, what, 7 playoff appearances out of the last 8 seasons?

We have the exact same number of losses as the 2013 season. Which by the way, is in the conversation for the best defense of all time and perhaps the most one sided super bowl performance ever.

Stop expecting perfection. No team has done it since the league went to a 16 game season.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I appreciate how respectful and calm the Seattle sports media tends to be, especially relative to some of the blowhards elsewhere in the country. They ask intelligent questions without being confrontational; it's a refreshing approach in an industry where many think sports are way more important than they are.

It's a two way street where Pete sets a standard of respect and decorum. Now, if someone in the media is an ass to Matt Patricia or Freddie Kitchens, well, they've asked for it.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
chris98251":g7fedgm9 said:
zchurch74":g7fedgm9 said:

Seattle media won't press him because if they do they limit access, that's a death nail for local media. Has been tried before and they become unemployed due to drop in listening audience or get moved to another coverage.

Coach speak and the Organization first is the mantra and that includes media.

Death knell*

olyfan63

Reaction score
pmedic920":vzyhtkhj said:
zchurch74":vzyhtkhj said:

Do you think Pete would change ANYTHING because of pressure from the local media?
RolandDeschain":vzyhtkhj said:
Seattle media is very weak. They don't have the balls to ask tough questions to sports coaches. Listen to NY team post-game pressers after am unexpectedly bad loss; it's night and day.

Yeah, let's have micromanagement by media. Seattle media, yes they should be asking Pete the tough questions, like "Pete, when will you have your first transgender assistant coach?" "Pete, I keep seeing on the Internet, these click-me links under articles, showing that this girl that's good enough to be an NFL kicker. When are you going to arrange a tryout for her?"

I mean, we all know the brilliant football minds that all the Pacific NW sports columnists have, and their fresh ideas, so of course they could run the team better than Pete and he should be forced by the ownership group to take marching orders from sportswriters and media personalities, since they know so much more than him, and they have young, fresh dynamic ideas in contrast to his stale oldness. After all, micromanagement by media works so well in New York, and the Jets and Giants are absolutely setting the NFL on fire this year, with the infusion of fresh ideas from the NY media. Do I really need to say, :sarcasm_off:

Exactly how would any of this silliness about Pete "being forced to answer tough questions from the media" improve team performance? Why would silly distractions from media talking heads be a better use of Pete's time and attention than scheming how to beat the next opponent, and on coming up with practice plans and activities to create and practice the game situations his players will need to perform well in?

Pete and his assistants know the players, they know the opponents, and Pete's been pretty darn successful the last couple years, exceeding media preseason expectations both times. AS IF the media had anything really to offer Pete at the *football* level.

Pete understands that dealing effectively with the media is part of his job, and that the NFL is an entertainment league. He's also not going to say anything important to the media that upcoming opponents don't already know from film study and past games.