Seifert's Take on the Seahawks' Offensive Performance

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/112600/the-seahawks-offensive-disappearing-act

The Seahawks’ disappearing act allowed the Saints back into the game...and demonstrated how some season-long offensive issues could in fact impact their playoff fate. On this day, it gave the Saints a genuine opportunity to steal a victory had they not neglected the tenets of game management -- and then forgotten some basic rules of football. (Two 45-plus-yard field goals attempts into the wind? Throwing into the middle of the field with 26 seconds remaining and no timeouts? Two downfield passes on one play?) Had the Seahawks played that way against a sharper opponent, they would be packing up their lockers instead of preparing for the NFC Championship Game.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think it's valid. Our offense isn't doing enough. It's sickening to think the Saints were 40 yards away from tying that game after how great the defense played today.

44 yards for most of the 2nd half isn't going to beat many teams.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Might be fair. Might not. He's a Minnesota Vikings blogger, though. I doubt he can remain entirely objective on the Seahawks.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No question this offense will lose us a game either next week or in the SB if this type of play continues. They got very lucky to hold on in this one. A team like Denver would annihilate us

General Manager

Reaction score
People can play the what if game al they want I saw the game it wasn't that close. Secondly next week we will have a different game plan and this Offense is overdue for a big game.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I don't mind his take cause it's clearly valid and the seahawks offense has not played well especially today
But can it at least go both ways?
If you're going to downplay a win over a 12-4 saints team, can u not pronounce SF the greatest thing since sliced bread after a 3 point win vs a beat up, 8-7-1 GB team? Can it go both ways please?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Our D needs to hang onto more of the 2 or 3 picks they dropped. Next game, they will.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I think his take is somewhat off base in that he degrades the offense in general. The ground game was very good and if it weren't for a couple of holding calls it would have been great. But if he would have called out the Oline and the passing game then I would have to agree. First RW was not all that accurate with his passes. Secondly the Oline did a poor job with the speed rushers. And lastly, the WR's and TE's failed at getting open on a consistent basis. The last two problems have been around for awhile but RW's accuracy problem seems to be a new glitch to me. San Fran will eat us alive unless we can get the the passing game going. And yes, I am calling San Fran over the Panthers.

davidonmi

Reaction score
his point is valid and understandable, however there is something to be said for the fact that if the broncos win 41-34 there will not be these kinds of articles about DEN's defense. It seems as if the media finds it hard to accept a team might rely on their defense instead of relying on their QB

drdiags

Reaction score
It was a pretty edgy article. Probably not something I want to read as a Seahawks fan but he is entitled to his opinion. Seems like coming out of the first Saints game, the offense has had a tough time. The passing game was fine with the same WRs the team has now in the Saints game but since then things have been tough.

The early Titans, Panthers, 9ers, Texans and Rams games had some of the same issues but like others I was hoping it was the OL. At this point I have no clue. I think the offense could do enough to win next week but I would sure like to see better rhythm out of them going forward.

purpleworld

Reaction score
What did Brady do? 13/25 for 198...not overwhelming either, but he had 0 int's. What did Blount do? 24 carries for 166....sounds a lot like Lynch's day. Playoff football is about turnovers, defense, and controlling the ball with the ground game....especially in the weather conditions that the game was played in on sunday! We played it the way it needed to be played to get the win....and that is ALL that matters!

Joey13091

Reaction score
For some reason I feel Wilson is gonna have a big day next week. Just watch.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I agree, I was pulling my hair out watching the offense flop around yesterday. Missing open receivers, settling for field goals, and the penalties, oh Lord. At least they'll have plenty to work on in practice, I guess.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":s54z84ch said:
No question this offense will lose us a game either next week or in the SB if this type of play continues. They got very lucky to hold on in this one. A team like Denver would annihilate us
Denver has more than a good chance of losing today let alone against New England. Every game is unique so our worry is Carolina or San Francisco not Denver and the team knows it unlike us fans.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
how did the chargers win last week? Rivers had like 120 yards passing. And no turnovers.

Daytomann

Reaction score
With our offense playing what I consider pretty weak, if we meet the Niners in the next game, we are done for the season. Our offense has no answer for them. They better get it figured out. At least we are playing at home. We'll need all the help we can get.

Polaris

Reaction score
Daytomann":xquu0qph said:
With our offense playing what I consider pretty weak, if we meet the Niners in the next game, we are done for the season. Our offense has no answer for them. They better get it figured out. At least we are playing at home. We'll need all the help we can get.

Niners looked pretty danged pedestrian against the Packers and they have to get past the Panthers first.

This is the playoffs. All that matters ultimately is the "W".

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I think the staff has preached to Russell to take care of the ball above all else and that's causing him to hesitate. He doesn't get that many oppertunities in our recent game plans either. We need to draw up a game plan that helps Russell get back to being Russell.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
What message did Pete send when he punted on 4th and inches? Russell is just executing the game plan.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Daytomann":xx5adc5x said:
What?!? It was Green Bay the only team in the NFL that still has no clue on how to defend Krapperdink.

Latest posts