Shane Waldron has to be fired after today

Sm00thDawg

Reaction score
I don't think the offensive woes are a Pete problem for the main reason he is not the one making the calls. He brought in Waldron to completely change the offensive scheme after Shotty was fired. Now if you were talking about the defense, I'm sure he has his hands all over it. He always has. Even at USC. Pete isn't all bad. One of the biggest complaints is that we have the most talented offense in years and we aren't scoring enough points. Who do you think is partially responsible for that. How do you think Pete won so much at the College level. The guy can spot talent. I agree that there is a serious problem with the play calling. I also believe that there is a big problem with execution and untill we get our O-line healthy, it will continue. Just like the inconsistency when Russ was here and always getting sacked and we didn't have Marshawn.

keasley45

Reaction score
I don't think the offensive woes are a Pete problem for the main reason he is not the one making the calls. He brought in Waldron to completely change the offensive scheme after Shotty was fired. Now if you were talking about the defense, I'm sure he has his hands all over it. He always has. Even at USC. Pete isn't all bad. One of the biggest complaints is that we have the most talented offense in years and we aren't scoring enough points. Who do you think is partially responsible for that. How do you think Pete won so much at the College level. The guy can spot talent. I agree that there is a serious problem with the play calling. I also believe that there is a big problem with execution and untill we get our O-line healthy, it will continue. Just like the inconsistency when Russ was here and always getting sacked and we didn't have Marshawn.

Exactly this. He's responsible for the overall lack of execution for not demanding more from the players and coaches. But in terms of the offensive crap show - Schotty never called as stupid a game under Pete. ever. There was an obvious logic and flow to his calls. Whether Russ made the throws is another story thats been pretty effectivley covered - most effectively by Kurt Warner.

Waldron? I don't know wtf he's thinking half the time.

And Bevell never amounted to much outside of Seattle but for a brief period of success in Detroit. He's not lasted more than 2 years anywhere he's been and is now a passing game coordinator and qb coach. Probably what Shane should go back to doing.