Sherman arrested for DUI

RiverDog

Reaction score
A lot of good points here, I'd forgotten they can still charge you even under the limit. I also didn't know any of that about geno's sample, thanks for explaining that, pretty interesting, lucky guy.
Yeah, Geno was arrested on Jan. 10th, 2022 and the prosecutor's office didn't decide that they weren't going to file charges until Aug. 3rd, 2023. They didn't have access to the toxicology results until April of 2023. I'm sure that a defense attorney would have loved to have gone after them had they filed. It's pretty absurd, just think of how many drunken drivers can continue to threaten the public if it takes them 15 months to get a toxicology report.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Isn't this the second time it's happened. First time you can maybe put down as a mistake, second time comes across as being a complete asshole. It's not like he can't afford an Uber or taxi with his career earnings.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sherm has his demons... occasionally, they re-surface and cause him further embarrassment.

Question is... how many more will the NFL Network tolerate before canning him.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
He has the money and could had gotten a cab or an Uber!
This. In my younger years I admit to having driven when I damn well should not have; and I am fairly sure I am not alone in that. Fortunately, I realized fairly early on that a 20$ cab ride or a five-mile walk was/is WAY better than killing someone and/or ending up in jail.

Richard should have this figured out by now.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I think Skip Bayless should go visit Sherm in jail.
(Bail-less, get it?) Anyway...

pmedic920

Reaction score
Quoting for future purposes of not getting banned by avoiding censors using "phucked" 😂

Jokes aside, I don't know if you meant state patrols generally or just in Texas, but sherm was arrested by Washington state patrol, not a local king county officer.

No I was stating that if Texas DPS (state patrol equivalent) pulls you over there is no getting set free.

What’s crazy where I work (Harris Co. /Houston) is you can be totally shit faced and run off the road hitting a tree, if you get out of the car and there is no damage or injury to another person, you go home Scott free.
If the deputy didn’t see you crash or behind the wheel the DA here won’t accept charges.
The courts are simply too busy to take a case to trial that they may lose on a technicality.
They also tell folks “get in the ambulance or I’m taking you to jail”, guess how many drunk Phucs go to the hospital with absolutely no medical reason.

pmedic920

Reaction score
All states have similar laws.

That's true here. It's called implied consent. That's what they did in Geno's case. They called a judge who issued a search warrant.

That's a technicality that's easily overcome. If you get pulled over by a city cop outside their city limits, they immediately call for a sheriff or state patrol from the appropriate jurisdiction to come to the scene. The city cop can't conduct a search or do much investigating, but they can detain you until a LE from within the jurisdiction and with the proper authority arrives.

My BIL had this happen to him a few years ago. He got pulled over and was demanding that the cop give him a roadside breathalyzer test, but the cop refused because he was a city cop outside his jurisdiction and couldn't administer it until the sheriff arrived.

In WA, I believe that all DUI cases and other major traffic infractions go to the appropriate county jail/courthouse, that the cities aren't involved except for making the arrest.
I’m not talking about where you are based on jurisdictional prudence.

I’m talking about Harris Co. (Houston) specifically.
The courts are so backlogged that the DA won’t accept charges unless there is significant property damage on injury to another. (In the case of a wreck).

They will pull you over for suspected DUI and if just cause is present the arrest you IF it’s a slam dunk.
If anything is sus with the case you walk free.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I’m not talking about where you are based on jurisdictional prudence.

I’m talking about Harris Co. (Houston) specifically.
The courts are so backlogged that the DA won’t accept charges unless there is significant property damage on injury to another. (In the case of a wreck).

They will pull you over for suspected DUI and if just cause is present the arrest you IF it’s a slam dunk.
If anything is sus with the case you walk free.
Ahh, I see. Interesting.

RiverDog

Reaction score
For reals? Dayum
Yeah, he told me that quite some time ago, but I doubt that they've loosened up on it. When I went to visit him last spring, he met me at the airport and rather than pick me up in his car, we took the train into Tokyo to have a couple of drinks, saying that the DUI laws were much stricter there than they are in the US.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Geno portion aside, can't you refuse a breathalyzer in favor of blood draw with no legal repercussions?

If you think there's even remotely a chance of time saving you from being over/under .08,seems to me like the extra time getting to the station/being booked would absolutely be worth it.

But again I really don't know the law around that
That's exactly what I would want to do, but for a different reason. The law speaks of blood alcohol content, not breath alcohol content. I don't trust that intermediary step of determining blood alcohol, as there are too many ways for it to mess up. If they want to determine my blood alcohol content, then let them test my blood, not my breath.