Sherman snubbed of DPOW; Kuechly wins?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
JonRud":3tfhnm5y said:
To be fair Sherm was basically playing against a high school level QB this game. I'm pretty sure I would have had at least 1 INT in this game.

Seriously. I would have had 3

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There are a handful of "high school QBs" on NFL teams every year, you don't see a single DB getting 2 ints and a fumble against them every week.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The unexpected bonus of all this is: The more the league hates Sherman, the more likely he is to stay on our team.

He deserves accolades, but the more he doesn't get them, the more dangerous he's going to become.

OP
OP
ChrisB Bacon

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":oqhu0531 said:
The unexpected bonus of all this is: The more the league hates Sherman, the more likely he is to stay on our team.

He deserves accolades, but the more he doesn't get them, the more dangerous he's going to become.
How? It's not like other teams are picking these awards.

"And for this week's defensive player of the week, the San Diego Chargers are proud to announce Julius Peppers of the Chicago Bears!"

:sarcasm_off:

Steve2222

Reaction score
Id take Bobby Wagners performance over Kuechleys as well. 16 is good. Now if he had like 36 tackles or something crazy I could see it. Its really not that special to get 16 tackles. Sure its a not a bad day at the job by no means. But its pretty tough to get 2 picks not to mention a TD and a FF as well. Sherman was the clear winner this week.

Jase

Reaction score
I'm not normally one to get all bent out of shape about the whole "no respect" angle, but this is absolute tripe. When this type of thing happens, it's going to make players just a little more reluctant to sign with us, and probably force the team to overpay for free agents and contract extensions.

You were robbed, Sherm. Hope U mad, bro, and take it out on the Buffoon Bills.

drdiags

Reaction score
Could be the opponent? I think the fact the Falcons are leading the NFC in wins and the loss being an upset swayed the voters. Plus they probably figure a DB is out picking daisies most plays or something? Good for Kuechly, bad for Sherman.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Jase":tpx1yuq1 said:
I'm not normally one to get all bent out of shape about the whole "no respect" angle, but this is absolute tripe. When this type of thing happens, it's going to make players just a little more reluctant to sign with us, and probably force the team to overpay for free agents and contract extensions.

You were robbed, Sherm. Hope U mad, bro, and take it out on the Buffoon Bills.

Im not trying to be rude, but this is just a stupid post.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
ChrisB Bacon":3b9a1akw said:
Sarlacc83":3b9a1akw said:

How? It's not like other teams are picking these awards.

"And for this week's defensive player of the week, the San Diego Chargers are proud to announce Julius Peppers of the Chicago Bears!"

:sarcasm_off:

Dammit. I wasn't paying attention to which thread was which about Sherman. :oops:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
JonRud":3ageco4s said:
To be fair Sherm was basically playing against a high school level QB this game. I'm pretty sure I would have had at least 1 INT in this game.
The opposite side to that argument obviously is that Sherm was defending an all-world receiver and beat him on several jumpballs, back shoulders and comeback routes.

CANHawk

Reaction score
All that 16 tackled from your MLB means is that your D-line sucks. I don't care who the QB is, holding Larry freaking Fitzgerald to 1 catch is an achievement! Add 2 picks, a pick 6 and a fumble recovery... unless somebody manages to mount Megatron and ride him like a Tonton to his own endzone, Sherm is your DPOW

ensett

Reaction score
Sherman probably played less than half the snaps Kuechly did too. Looking at a game log it looks like half of Kuechlys tackles were 15 yards down the field, so I guess leading a defense into allowing nearly 400 yards is a good thing