Should Andy Reid be on hot seat?

cymatica

Reaction score
Fade":2rpskn36 said:
The reaction to Pete Carroll isn't about the last 5 games - no. It's about the last 50 games and the steady decline of the defense, and the horrible moves that have been made in its construction. Trying to frame it as it being about the start of this season is being intellectually dishonest at worst, or completely ignorant at best.

Let's see if Andy continues to tolerate Spags as his DC. I bet he won't. Imagine Andy Reid having bad offenses for 4 years in a row, KC fans would want him gone, too. And rightfully so.

This.

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":2ry81ali said:
Does Andy Reid an offensive guru have the worst offense in NFL history?

Offense is NOT his only job. Head coaches are responsible for the whole team.

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
LTH":1i4r9wic said:
Fade":1i4r9wic said:
Does Andy Reid an offensive guru have the worst offense in NFL history?

Offense is NOT his only job. Head coaches are responsible for the whole team.

LTH

I'm sure KC fans are calling for Andy's head and not Spags. :D :D

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Somos doces":1d0kzyhy said:
Shanegotyou11":1d0kzyhy said:
Somos doces":1d0kzyhy said:
Watching the KC game yesterday, I saw what appeared to be short routes open all night for the Chiefs, but Mahomes almost completely ignored them in favor of trying to push the ball downfield, which frequently was unsuccessful. Was that bad coaching, or bad decision-making by the QB?
Per Collinsworth, mahomes is having trouble attacking cover 2.
Agreed — I heard that on the broadcast, as well. This is, unfortunately, a rather familiar situation for us Seahawks fans, so I'm especially curious whether KC's recent offensive struggles can be attributed more to the scheme/play-calling or the execution. The answer (if there is one) might provide some helpful perspective for us regarding highly talented quarterbacks, their offenses, and their coaches and their collective ability/willingness to adjust when their preferred MO is thwarted.
It's been mentioned in game going back to last year by Collinsworth

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":37sxjz5n said:
Somos doces":37sxjz5n said:
Shanegotyou11":37sxjz5n said:
Somos doces":37sxjz5n said:
Watching the KC game yesterday, I saw what appeared to be short routes open all night for the Chiefs, but Mahomes almost completely ignored them in favor of trying to push the ball downfield, which frequently was unsuccessful. Was that bad coaching, or bad decision-making by the QB?
Per Collinsworth, mahomes is having trouble attacking cover 2.
Agreed — I heard that on the broadcast, as well. This is, unfortunately, a rather familiar situation for us Seahawks fans, so I'm especially curious whether KC's recent offensive struggles can be attributed more to the scheme/play-calling or the execution. The answer (if there is one) might provide some helpful perspective for us regarding highly talented quarterbacks, their offenses, and their coaches and their collective ability/willingness to adjust when their preferred MO is thwarted.

I will think they adjust as Reid is a guru at the offensive side of the ball.
Manning said it during his MNF show. The QB has to be patient, take the check downs they're giving and check to runs when warranted, over and over again until they come out of it. The coaches call plays to beat it and the QB is responsible for executing it. The QBs who don't have the patience, struggle. The ones who do, don't

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's too bad Andy Reid is ruining Mahome's career.

He should demand to be traded to a team that can better appreciate and utilize his skillset.

toffee

Reaction score
27 - 3 folks, the Titans are owning the Chiefs,!!??

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Especially after that last Mahomes sack, the Chiefs are looking like a complete dumpster with trash juice at the bottom. Gross.

Edit: When I posted the above, I wasn't talking about the sack that injured him. I was referring to a sack that was most recent upon posting when I did earlier in the game. I do not aim to add insult to injury.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Cover 2.

There is evidence to support this position. Take this from the brilliant Seth Walder from ESPN.

"Mahomes is seeing more Cover 2 this year and having more picks as a result. Teams want KC to check down".

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
KC is going down the Seahawks path. Down to the same type of QB and similar crap defenses post SB. They have a flashier version of Russell with more weapons and Mahomes is even more stuck on the home run than Russell is because of it. They even have Frank Clark doing nothing when he's not hurt and actually playing. It's only gonna get worse as the productive players have to leave to get paid.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MyrtleHawk":7hykbl12 said:
Especially after that last Mahomes sack, the Chiefs are looking like a complete dumpster with trash juice at the bottom. Gross.

Edit: When I posted the above, I wasn't talking about the sack that injured him. I was referring to a sack that was most recent upon posting when I did earlier in the game. I do not aim to add insult to injury.

He's doing what Russell did last year mid season, getting frustrated and forcing the ball downfield instead of taking the 4-5 yard underneath throws.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
This thread didn't age well. Reid made the necessary adjustments and righted the ship. Pete continued to roll out the same dumpster fire and say "I don't understand why it isn't working".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":3g19bvzn said:
JayhawkMike":3g19bvzn said:
Super Bowl win two years ago and Super Bowl appearance last year vs 3 playoff wins in 6 years. Yes, the Chiefs ans Seahawks are the same.

I see this post and raise it one Fire Bevell.
Then hire Bevell again only to fire him immediately. He’ll never see it coming. 8)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":qh0q30di said:
Then hire Bevell again only to fire him immediately. He’ll never see it coming. 8)

Got a chuckle out of that one! :)
The play Bevell should have called.. a fake FG, NE would never have expected this...
[youtube]coq3NeqeBbY[/youtube]

Latest posts