Andy Dickerson a disappointment

BASF

Reaction score
I have been a Stan for Dickerson since we hired him and I watched some of the .com videos of his coaching style. However, the showing today was disappointing to say the least. He has had both Forsythe and Curhan on the team for two seasons now. The coaching staff is responsible for having the backups ready to play if there is injury. Dickerson failed to do that in a big way. I am a big fan of Lucas as he is my current favorite Seahawk, and I really like Cross, but their backups should not be a complete nosedive off a cliff when they come in.

More of a concern is that our line seems completely unprepared for several stunts and games run by teams. It is obvious that McVay knows both Dickerson and Waldron's blind spots as he polished both of them into the hirable coaches that they have become. They both need to adapt their game when we are facing the Rams, cuz McVay has their numbers.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Well, that didn't age well.
...and I know you're just as happy as me that it didn't. How do you like him now?

If anything, it shows you were right all along, about Dickerson, just not patient enough.
I'd have to say Dickerson and Waldron made chicken salad out of chicken poo against the Giants.
Rooks have balled out lately, Bradford, Olu, etc. When Phil Haynes went down, my first thought was, "Well, Bradford is just about as good, maybe better in some ways, just less experienced."

Yeah, Curhan got torched by Thibodeaux a time or two, but he has company in that.
Stone Forsysthe, well, we'll be happy to have Cross back, but Forsythe did enough, along with TE and whatever other help.

evergreen

Reaction score
Don’t forget Lock throwing right at the unblocked blitzer on his first or second snap.

olyfan63

Reaction score
...Then when another G went down, they put in Olu at Center and moved Evan Brown to Guard. My thought was, "Olu is almost as good as Brown at Center, better perhaps in some ways, and I know Brown is a decent Guard. We'll still be able to run the ball, and maybe even pass protect a little. "
That OL depth is really being tested!