Should Danny O'neil be replaced by Jim Moore or even Tom W?

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":29ekurwv said:
Danny's biggest issue is assuming Seahawks Twitter is an accurate reflection of how most Seahawks fans feel. He's so neck-deep in the 'throwing is more efficient than running' mind-bonk that he acts as if every Seahawk fan is disappointed that we aren't throwing the ball more. This, on its own, is a fine opinion to have. But to assume that you speak for most fans is silly. Most fans want the team to win. If running gives us the best chance to win, I can't imagine many fans being upset when we win.

I feel like both Danny and Gallant would be better served as auxiliary personalities rather than the primary hosts. They don't work well together because they are both flamboyant personalities that can quickly become obnoxious if they don't have someone to rein them in.

I think they want to be FLAMBOYENT PERSONALITIES but are not and come off as idiots want to be's. If they stuck to the facts and not the sell they probably would do better.

Not everyone can be flamboyant, people that are don't try they just are.

notyou

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3reqcrea said:
I like Clayton, but if I hear him say Covids testing one more time...…………
EVERY single time he talks about it, he throws the s in at the end. I don't know that bugs me so much, but it's almost as bad as hearing Moore turn everything in to a Cougar thing.
I can't stand the covids stuff either. I've texted in that it is covid not covids and added, you f'n moron. I think I've been banned on their text machine.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":w5w16qal said:
SoulfishHawk":w5w16qal said:
Absolutely NOT. Moore and Wassell are as bad as it gets. If anything, someone else needs to replace Gallant, he may be the worst of the bunch.
This. Moore and Wassell are the worst.
True, followed by Danny. Actually, Danny, Tom, Moore in that order. Gallant would be 4th. Love Jake and Stacy, Dave and Bob.

Tmagopis

Reaction score
Danny and Clayton are literally the only reasons I tune into kiro to be honest. I guess I just find Danny funny and while I think Clayton has terrible analysis I just find his segments fun to listen to. The rest of the station is just kind of a snore for me. Can't wait for Bob / Wyman in the afternoon to be axed, hopefully before it puts me to sleep on the drive home. You know its bad when listening to Softy is a good alternative.

Would love for Farnsworth to come back, and to never hear Saulk's smug sounding voice on the radio again. Hes an east coast hockey guy who just walks over people to make his points. Bleh.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I think Danny living in NYC and not being around the team or at the facilities is coming through.

Heaps is probably the worst on 710. Not because he is dumb because he is Wilsons employee and he is putting out a false narritive and selling it as legitimate. Its irresponsible and its Salks fault as it ruins the credibility of the station.

Gallants delivery is a bit different but it feels like the same people that dont like him also didnt like Salk. Its probably because in larger markets they are more truthful and less cheerleader. I think Brock fits that bill to a certain degree but he is just way nicer about it.

710 is pretty bad but KJR is terrible. Being h9nest we simply dont have the market for 2 full time sports talk show that only talk about local sports. Especially when those local sports only include the NFL franchise and the MLB team when theyre in season. Im not advocating for Sounders/Storm/Husky talk because I dont think anyobes interested. Cut it dowm to a morning and afternoon show amd pipe in some national syndicated shows in the mid day hours.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I stopped listening consistently when Brock and Salk ended. I really liked the pairing and the balance. I liked how Salk grew into the job and grew into Seattle. Budgets have played havoc with what they wanted to do, Brock being successful as a football announcer has hurt them too.

Gallant was a bad choice and is the number one reason I no longer listen, and its a bummer. Where I live the 7am to 10am slot was 11pm to 2am and was perfect for me to stay connected while doing my late night work stuff.

I dont mind Danny but hes better in support.

I liked Clayton about 5 or even 3 years ago, but he stopped distinguising between what he knew, what he thought and his opinion..and thats bad when what you mainly bring to the table are your connections not your analysis.

Teahawks

Reaction score
Is there anyone on either station that is well liked by many?

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
I felt so bad even the day after I wrote this... it's so unfair and not very nice in general what I said.

So if Danny sees this, I apologize 100% and it was just alcohol talking. I got triggered seeing the Josh Gordon news and took it out in this random thread.

So I'm sorry to Danny on a personal level, I feel like a total scumbag for what I said.

That being said, maybe there is a point to be made that ESPN Seattle is losing a lot of quality air time by firing these types of guys:

Overall Product for the station is worst for sure without these guys:

- Groz (I forgot about him in my original post it was almost a long time ago when he was gone).
- Jim Moore

- Tom Wassell is not at the same level but he's also younger. Somehow I thought the show was better with him, Jake and Stacy are a little too nice in their overall presentation. You can't tell if they are telling the truth or if they are just sugar coating it to avoid controversy... I like someone who keeps it real Tom Wassell seemed like a good answer for them even if he's not up to the level of Groz or Jim Moore.

I will stand by the point though how Danny is saying he doesn't want to see a balanced offense, I still think that's an inaccurate opinion for our team. he says we should keep airing it out... I take issue with that point because I think it's blatantly wrong.

Russell Wilson is arguably the best QB in the league with a balanced offense... if you wanna do something like Danny O'neil is saying there is no precedent that it's Wilson's strength... the reality is very opposite of his point. Wilson might be the #1 QB with a balanced offensive game plan but Aaron Rodgers and maybe even Mahomes are clearly better for this air raid type of offense...

So I still strongly disagree with his opinion on that point but, overall Danny seems like a great guy and I'm sorry.

Latest posts