Pete sounds done.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm tired of blaming the DC's. Didnt care for the Hurtt promotion. Didn't like the last 2 DC's either. But at some point even Pete supporters like myself have to say the buck stops with Pete. Im telling you now, if he retains Hurtt, were still going to struggle next year. He needs to go out and hire an experienced DC with a track record of success. This candidate needs to know that Pete will let him "do his thing." If this cannot or will not happen, Pete himself needs to go.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
It sounds like he's more worn out as there is nothing that scheme can do at this point, they have probably tried everything.

I'm sure they even discussed that Kittle Seam route ad nauseam and Jordyn Brooks still triple covers the flat for some unknown illogical reason and gives up the big play. He literally looks like Aaron Curry in coverage which coincidentally is his LB coach now.

I don't even know if promoting Desai and firing Hurtt will do anything at this point. If anything it still falls on Pete as the failed drafts and trades, primarily on the defensive side of the ball have been a total disaster (Collier, Jamal, Brooks. Taylor,Barton,Diggs looks washed, etc), and it's frankly caught up to us. Hope we can just see Mafe and Muse play more the rest of the season so we can get an idea of what we have next year.

Last edited:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The only thing I had to look forward to with this team was our 4 high draft picks. Now I don't even have the excitement they'll draft correctly. That's how little confidence I have in Pete and everyone involved. I want everyone fired

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
This post was something I seen last week in Pete. I have a feeling he’s been given an ultimatum after last year and he’s feeling pressure.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I'm tired of blaming the DC's. Didnt care for the Hurtt promotion. Didn't like the last 2 DC's either. But at some point even Pete supporters like myself have to say the buck stops with Pete. Im telling you now, if he retains Hurtt, were still going to struggle next year. He needs to go out and hire an experienced DC with a track record of success. This candidate needs to know that Pete will let him "do his thing." If this cannot or will not happen, Pete himself needs to go.
I agree in principle but I think Sean Desai came through the Vic Fangio scheme, I would give him an opportunity to install it instead.

BASF

Reaction score
I'm sure they even discussed that Kittle Seam route ad nauseam and Jordyn Brooks still triple covers the flat for some unknown illogical reason and gives up the big play. He literally looks like Aaron Curry in coverage which coincidentally is his LB coach now.
Aaron Curry is an Assistant DL/DE coach. John Glenn is our linebackers coach. I don't know who started spreading Curry being our linebackers coach, but the Seahawks coaching staff can be found here:

BASF

Reaction score
Pete sounds defeated because nothing the coaches have done can get these players on the same page and many of them are not giving their full effort. They know that they will not be Seahawks next season and are playing like their next team will not be watching film to see their effort. Diggs might as well be signing his pink slip with his play and the fact that we will save $9.8M by cutting him.

It is laughable the people talking about Pete relinquishing control. We are not playing the defense as Carroll has for almost his entire career. This is Clint Hurtt's baby and it is obvious that he doesn't have the talent for the position.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Coach of the Year! /jj

So uhh… What happened was.

He hired a guy who had no business being a DC. So predictably he ran into trouble and now Pete is having to carry Hurtt on his back. He's burning the midnight oil. Pete did it to himself.

Judy needs to wake the F up and have Pete become a figure head. And take more off of the old man's plate. If he disagrees, see ya.
Same SH!T different day ^^^

StoneCold

Reaction score
It's the gritty. This team doesn't have it. Go back and watch the 9er's coming out of the tunnel. Roaring beasts ready to rock. The Hawks? they ambled there way out of the locker room and through the tunnel to the field. No fire. Looked like they were done, or would rather be somewhere else, or just happy to get a check. It's not scheme or talent, it's "Want it". Is that on the coaches? The drafting? The players? Surely it's a combination of all of that. During that winning streak, 90 rushing yards per game, that team played with grit. Some where along the way they got punched in the mouth and backed down.

I will also say, after the opening second half TD, I didn't watch anymore. Turned it off. I watched the Survivor finale. When I looked at the final score I was pleasantly surprised to see the 9er's didn't score again in the second half. For those that watched, was that because they tightened up the D, or did we get lucky bounces?