Snacks Harrison is coming to town

Basis4day

Reaction score
Long been rumored as a seahawks acquestion.

Conventional wisdom would say he wanted to bypass training camp and sign with a contender once the season gets going.

Hawks clearly have a shot this year so it sounds like Harrison is ready to take the plunge.

tersal

Reaction score
sdog1981":3i8sbjpc said:
gowazzu02":3i8sbjpc said:
Can never have too many run stuffers.

Yeah, in 1995, not in the 2020 NFL.
I wonder how teams that play the Ravens feel about run stuffers? Stopping the run is still important also this team is thin at DT any quality player will do.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Basis4day":1eipl66b said:
Long been rumored as a seahawks acquestion.

Conventional wisdom would say he wanted to bypass training camp and sign with a contender once the season gets going.

Hawks clearly have a shot this year so it sounds like Harrison is ready to take the plunge.

True, but GB is also interested in Harrison, and they're a contender and have 3M more cap space than us.

Let's hope John and Harrison's agent have already spitballed what it'd take to sign him, and all we want to do is get a look at him before signing.

But if he's doing the 2-3 team tour before deciding, not sure we can compete with cap space.

ttown0026

Reaction score
I don't think you can ever have enough D Line depth. I think the big question is just if Snacks is in shape or not.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Feed him.................... snacks.
Cheeses and crackers, mixed nuts, mini pizza rolls......

sdog1981

Reaction score
tersal":2y6iucxv said:
sdog1981":2y6iucxv said:
gowazzu02":2y6iucxv said:

I wonder how teams that play the Ravens feel about run stuffers? Stopping the run is still important also this team is thin at DT any quality player will do.

So you think a slow fat guy is going to run down Lamar Jackson? You should have used the Rams or 49ers as your example.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Ruminator":10i9m8s9 said:
Yes, this is exactly what we need on defense! No RB can get past this!

VC5000 snack machine

Hunny buns on the bottom row.....that is a risky move right there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
jammerhawk":w1bcbqan said:
TwistedHusky":w1bcbqan said:
How does Harrison help us?

Is Harrison at all an effective pass rusher?

Or just good at stopping the run that nobody cares about?

Honest question, not intending to be snarky.

Would he help us get to the QB? At least free up some of our other guys to get to the QB?

I think he'd be a very positive addition to push the mid DLine to prevent opposing QBs from stepping up in the pocket. This helps the edge rushers as the Qb can't escape into protection.

He was very good at that in his earlier days.

My only concern is the reality of the team only having between $5-6 million of available cap and the size of a deal that could be struck.

Jacob Hollister is very expendable at his $3M salary and him being the 3rd string TE. Can get some savings by releasing him or possibly trading him for draft picks, etc. If they do that, then they have money to get Snacks.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
sdog1981":3u52hfjn said:
tersal":3u52hfjn said:
sdog1981":3u52hfjn said:
gowazzu02":3u52hfjn said:

So you think a slow fat guy is going to run down Lamar Jackson? You should have used the Rams or 49ers as your example.

There are no good pass-rushing DTs available. In lieu of that, the next best thing is to find someone to spell Jarran Reed and provide some actual depth. Just because Snacks isn't a pass-rusher doesn't mean it's good to leave Reed out there playing an ungodly number of snaps.

sdog1981

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ifk38y6 said:
There are no good pass-rushing DTs available. In lieu of that, the next best thing is to find someone to spell Jarran Reed and provide some actual depth. Just because Snacks isn't a pass-rusher doesn't mean it's good to leave Reed out there playing an ungodly number of snaps.

Come on man he is playing 80% of defensive snaps. Just like he did last season and the season before that.

sc85sis

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":fh9dgh1u said:
sdog1981":fh9dgh1u said:
tersal":fh9dgh1u said:
sdog1981":fh9dgh1u said:

This. Also, with fewer plays each game, Reed may have more energy to get some push up the middle on passing downs.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I doubt you can find a single team in the league who doesn't understand and covet a solid running game. They know that without it their passing game can never reach it's full potential. As long as that is true a run stuffing O Lineman will have value and find a home.
As for Snacks being in "game ready shape"...I doubt it. But, how good shape does a tree stump have to be in to be a solid impediment to a runner? His size and experience should make him effective, regardless the windage factor. He doesn't project to be an every down player for us anyway.
Biggest hindrance to us signing him will be IF his price is in our wheelhouse. I agree that with our depth at TE we could scrape up some cap at that position.

CPHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":pw1ege60 said:
tersal":pw1ege60 said:
sdog1981":pw1ege60 said:
gowazzu02":pw1ege60 said:

That's not why you bring him in here. He is a space eater and run stuffer. Not a sack guy. He still had 59 tackles last year, which is damn good for a interior DL. Don't confuse him with a pass rusher.

chris98251

Reaction score
If you play too many snaps you lose the burst and explosion in the second half, at our best I think the rotation was 40 to 50 a game typically when we were deep on the line.

Latest posts