Snacks: With Reed hurt

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Welshers":2wtzlh64 said:
Pete said this morning Snacks has played his last snap as a Seahawk. He tried talking to him but Snacks said no way.

Mr. Harrison was not happy with his previous team, so can we really expect less here. He is an ingrate!! The Hawks gave him a chance to play here based on his reputation. Well, he showed up out of shape unfit for the field of play.
He took several weeks to get ready to play....all the while being paid.....and when he went up against the present caliber of players in the NFL he discovered that it was tougher than he remembered. After watching him play for several weeks, Pete was unimpressed with his contributions and Pete had him sit out this last game. Snacks proceeds to have a "pouting fit" and says, "I don't like it here". What a penchant child!

renofox

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2qdmydsb said:
After watching him play for several weeks, Pete was unimpressed with his contributions and Pete had him sit out this last game. Snacks proceeds to have a "pouting fit" and says, "I don't like it here". What a penchant child!

Not sure this is accurate. May have been that PC felt the Rams wouldn't be running much/successfully so he wanted to play the DTs that were better at providing pressure.

I'm sure that, if this fiasco hadn't occurred, Snacks would have been active and seen snaps in the playoffs against teams with legitimate rushing threats.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
renofox":vfsad4b0 said:
Bigpumpkin":vfsad4b0 said:
After watching him play for several weeks, Pete was unimpressed with his contributions and Pete had him sit out this last game. Snacks proceeds to have a "pouting fit" and says, "I don't like it here". What a penchant child!

Not sure this is accurate. May have been that PC felt the Rams wouldn't be running much/successfully so he wanted to play the DTs that were better at providing pressure.

I'm sure that, if this fiasco hadn't occurred, Snacks would have been active and seen snaps in the playoffs against teams with legitimate rushing threats.

Better the team found out now the man isn't a competitor than in in the playoffs when it matters most. Good riddance in my opinion.

renofox

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1l244wsz said:
Better the team found out now the man isn't a competitor than in in the playoffs when it matters most. Good riddance in my opinion.

Agreed. Maybe not a locker room cancer, but definitely a negative counter-culture influence.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":1uybc9r0 said:
Well his head is in the business side it appears, where he can get paid, not about Championships, he hasn't learned that you can have both and that it is more about your roll then your starts.

Guys like Swain, Reid, Hyde understand this.

If he was just about being paid then why would he ask to be released and miss game checks?

He said on Twitter he only wants to bust his ass practicing all week if he can play, and Pete decided to start Mone over Snacks, so he said he wanted his release.

He sounds very gracious for his time here, he understands the business side but he only wants to play football, so if he can't do that, then he wants out.

No reason on our end to wish him ill or criticize his choices.............it's not like he was balling out anyway. He had what, like three tackles in 6-7 weeks?

renofox

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":30tpqt87 said:
No reason on our end to wish him ill or criticize his choices.............it's not like he was balling out anyway. He had what, like three tackles in 6-7 weeks?

I earnestly wish him the best.

But I also wish his thought process was more rational and he would have publicly remained silent and worked it out with JS/PC and stayed on the roster. He could have been a useful player in the playoffs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We all we have-We all we got..Next man up!

OP
OP
nwHawk

nwHawk

Reaction score
I hope a "non-playoff" claims him just to piss him off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
renofox":2xmj99pn said:
But I also wish his thought process was more rational and he would have publicly remained silent and worked it out with JS/PC and stayed on the roster. He could have been a useful player in the playoffs.

Pete said he met with him, so I'm sure those "worked it out" conversations were had.

Pete obviously wanted Snacks as insurance for Mone, Poona and Reed, and he wants to give Mone those backup snaps for the rest of the season.

Snacks has had a great career, I don't blame the guy for not wanting to continue to bust his ass in practice, adhere to all the strict covid rules, etc to not be active for the rest of the year. Dude has nothing to prove, he wanted to try and play, he tried.......and now he's obviously satisfied with his decision.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3m6ae7d7 said:

Yup. Same thing the WFT did in releasing QB Haskins today. Guys have to be focused, the playoffs are what matters.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If worst comes to happen and they need help in the future, Dontari Poe, Tim Jernigan, and Marcell Dareus are still available DT vets. Poe seems very intriguing as he is a NT (similar in build to Harrison). Poe is also a former All Pro as well.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This situation is so puzzling.

Harrison brought in six games nine tackles (three solo) and a forced fumble on the defense whereas we have people on that chart who aren't close to that level of production. Why not sit one of them to not piss off this guy past games that we might need him more than these "special teams aces" we keep around and who will be around even if healthy inactives?

getnasty

Reaction score
People are acting like Snacks was some key player in our run defense. He's serviceable but not good enough to play ahead of Mone. Sure he'd be nice to have as insurance but if the guy doesn't want to be here then send him packing.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Brian Mone beat him out and apparently that's humiliating for Snacks. I also think the Covid restrictions could be a factor as someone mentioned above. Maybe the tank is simply on E in terms of passion for the game.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":gwl3rllx said:
People are acting like Snacks was some key player in our run defense. He's serviceable but not good enough to play ahead of Mone. Sure he'd be nice to have as insurance but if the guy doesn't want to be here then send him packing.

I'm not saying he was key, more that he could have been key insurance.

"Special teams aces" is a nice way of saying "not good enough to put into the defense" in most cases. That's why we had to get Snacks in the first place--because we didn't trust them in that role on any regular basis. None of those guys is as crucial as someone who can actually play the D consistently, and none of those guys is going to cry about being a healthy inactive.

There are 1-5 games ahead in which guys can get injured and in which Snacks would be assumed to take on the role for which he was hired. It makes more strategic sense to talk the guy down and tell him he has to play some ST to stay in a defensive rotation and then tell one of the "aces" that he's a healthy inactive when you know they won't leave.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bummer, would have liked him for depth but he's hardly going to be missed on any real noticeable level.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2o3vrb3r said:
getnasty":2o3vrb3r said:

I'm not saying he was key, more that he could have been key insurance.

"Special teams aces" is a nice way of saying "not good enough to put into the defense" in most cases. That's why we had to get Snacks in the first place--because we didn't trust them in that role on any regular basis. None of those guys is as crucial as someone who can actually play the D consistently, and none of those guys is going to cry about being a healthy inactive.

There are 1-5 games ahead in which guys can get injured and in which Snacks would be assumed to take on the role for which he was hired. It makes more strategic sense to talk the guy down and tell him he has to play some ST to stay in a defensive rotation and then tell one of the "aces" that he's a healthy inactive when you know they won't leave.

So Amadi, Reid, Sherman, Kam, Earl, most the LB's over the years are scrubs since they played special teams ?

You must be looking at other teams, Pete has used starters to enhance the athleticism of the unit from day one. Sure they transition out of it as they get aged to conserve reps. But almost all of our guys had specual team time, if they didn't play special teams they usually are not on the roster unless they are a interior lineman, even some of our edge rushers played on special teams.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
nwHawk":1qmx1t7a said:
I hope a "non-playoff" claims him just to piss him off.

I hope too,but.. wasn't Green Bay trying to get Snacks right after we scheduled a visit with him?
It could get interesting? What if we end up playing GB for the NFC Championship and wadda you know? Snacks will be on the other side spilling the beans about our defensive schemes?