Snacks: With Reed hurt

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This was exactly the kind of Snacks move i was worried about. I've always sensed he didn't really care about football much and this kind of proves it. Quitting on your team right before the playoff run is nonsensical to most of us. But he clearly isn't an "We all we got, we all we need" kind of guy.

And that was my impression of him from his days in Detroit.

Hopefully there is a backup Tackle on the the PS that we can bring up if one of our 3 tackles goes down. Collier and Green can condense inside if needed on passing downs. But you need to have enough big bodies to stop the run in base.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1p4dt7fl said:
So Amadi, Reid, Sherman, Kam, Earl, most the LB's over the years are scrubs since they played special teams ?

You must be looking at other teams, Pete has used starters to enhance the athleticism of the unit from day one. Sure they transition out of it as they get aged to conserve reps. But almost all of our guys had specual team time, if they didn't play special teams they usually are not on the roster unless they are a interior lineman, even some of our edge rushers played on special teams.

You and I both know we're not talking about guys like that. Guys like that might start there, but in a couple years it's expected that most guys like that spend the most of their time on the D even if they do contribute on ST from time to time.

OK him going off like that was...pretty immature. But given the time of year it is, I'd rather have had his ego be massaged a little bit in the past game by expanding the active DT possibilities for that one game while sitting someone who doesn't contribute to D and has little likelihood to in this year.

Acknowledge it was a p-move on his part, but I would have been strategic about it. Let him dress at least for the Rams game. Start him against SF. After that it's the playoffs and he probably wouldn't quit, dressed or no.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":zy50dbyb said:
chris98251":zy50dbyb said:
So Amadi, Reid, Sherman, Kam, Earl, most the LB's over the years are scrubs since they played special teams ?

You must be looking at other teams, Pete has used starters to enhance the athleticism of the unit from day one. Sure they transition out of it as they get aged to conserve reps. But almost all of our guys had specual team time, if they didn't play special teams they usually are not on the roster unless they are a interior lineman, even some of our edge rushers played on special teams.

You and I both know we're not talking about guys like that. Guys like that might start there, but in a couple years it's expected that most guys like that spend the most of their time on the D even if they do contribute on ST from time to time.

OK him going off like that was...pretty immature. But given the time of year it is, I'd rather have had his ego be massaged a little bit in the past game by expanding the active DT possibilities for that one game while sitting someone who doesn't contribute to D and has little likelihood to in this year.

Acknowledge it was a p-move on his part, but I would have been strategic about it. Let him dress at least for the Rams game. Start him against SF. After that it's the playoffs and he probably wouldn't quit, dressed or no.

This is ridiculous and you are seriously overlooking locker room implications here. You don't pander to a player, especially one who isn't a superstar, and not expect locker room backlash for sitting others who the teammates probably think is more worthy. All in the name of 'insurance'?

Think about it. The team already knows he isn't "hungry" to win a championship and you want to coach publicly supporting that?

chris98251

Reaction score
TJ who's your momma

Percy Harvin

Golden Taters

Trend is WR's

Michael Bennett

But they were not all in and they were not here not long after.

toffee

Reaction score
Just felt there's more to this snack story. What I have read,

1. he picked to join the Hawks over other offers.

2. it took weeks to get him into shape as member of practice squad.

3. There were offers from other teams while he was on practice squad. Again he rejected those to stay with Hawks.

4. He played well in the few games he played.

5. Then he didn't suit up for the Rams game.

6. He immediately wanted out and made his service available to other teams.

7. Is it about money? He might not get picked up by other teams, the next team may not pay more.

8. Is it about a ring? Hawks' chance are just about as good.

Not making any sense.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk