So... Gameday Rituals... What's Yours

firebee

Reaction score
I'll start... My ritual this year... I don't wear any of my Seahawks gear while a game is on. Not that I don't want to show support, but my luck's been so bad this last year, that I feel like my bad luck will rub off on the Seahawks if I'm wearing a Seahawks Jersey or anything Seahawks while the Hawks are playing. So... I just lay my Seahawks gear out on display around me while the game is on and try to avoid touching it. I still wear Seahawks colored clothes during the game though and I represent when it's not gameday. It seems to be working.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
It's only weird if it doesn't work, right? No rituals for me. I just watch the game and try to enjoy it. I suppose my ritual is that I don't do anything out of the ordinary.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
No rituals either, except I don't watch at my cousin's house anymore. We literally lose every time the game is on and I step foot in that place at the same time.

White Knight

Reaction score
I wear the same jersey every game until we lose. Then I switch it up to another and wear that until we lose. We're 6-0 in my away 2010 ET29 jersey this year. Was travelling during the Colts game and didn't get home in time to put it on, which cemented my thought process. Hopefully I'll be wearing it through February.

Largent80

Reaction score
I usually just saunter down to The Backstage and watch the game with over 100 rabid Hawk fans in Culver City CA.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Usually get all my clothes, tickets, everything laid out the night before. Almost always, like clockwork, I can't sleep, so I work my way downstairs and watch nfl network etc. until it's time to get ready for the game. Other than that, other rituals are making sure we are parked no later than 8am, and to King Street Bar and Oven by 8:15. Going over to TD city at a certain time, to the seats at a certain time etc.
One that flat out has to happen is the car flag flying on the way to a game, I'm very particular about that.
Also, I refuse to wear any other jersey than my Thomas, we haven't lost a game at home since I bought it. For road games, I always wear a t-shirt, no jersey. Corny, but it's only strange if it doesn't work. And, usually we're at some hogfest over at Mr. and Mrs. Seahawks place for road games so if I'm gonna spill food, gotta keep it away from the Jersey :thirishdrinkers:

A

Anonymous

I eat, I drink, and I wear a jersey.

Oh, and I watch the game.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Home games.
Get tickets out night before.
Text my little sister and let her pick the jersey I will wear.(undefeated when she does. Also I never wear the same jersey on game twice in a season. I also never wear jerseys on non game days unless I've already worn it earlier in the year to a game. Not that i wear jerseys on a regular day.)
Drink 1-2 beers leftover from previous night.
Head to bus stop.
Get off at base of West Seattle and have breakfast at The Bridge. Best bar in West Seattle and killer food.
Get back on bus downtown.
Prefunk my fanny off @ Temple, Triangle, Sluggers, J&M's etc.
Go to stadium and enjoy game.

Away games.
See what Houstons eating.
Buy beer
Watch game

Reaction score
I watch at home in my bedroom (it's where my big tv is), I don't wear game gear. But I do put my old Seahawks hat on my wife's plush lion, Leo, and he watches the game too.

Remember...it's only weird if it doesn't work ;)

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I put on my Seahawks Shirt, yell at the wife and kids to do likewise, grab my kid sized Seahawks football and a Rainier Tall boy and enjoy.

I will tell you that the only game the Seahawks have lost this season was when I was unable to wear my Seahawks (laundry) shirt! So it must mean something, right?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I usually wake up, maybe try for some morning sex, then take a dump and check my fantasy lineups. Then I take a shower. Then I usually watch the 10am games. If we are at home I head down to the international district to get a pregame meal and then to the stadium. If we are away I have people come over and watch the game or go to a buddy's house. No crazy superstitions or rituals though. Just a damn enjoyable sunday (if we win of course)

ParisPC07

Reaction score
Keep in mind that I don't think any of this affects the game. I didn't do it for the Houston game and we still won.

I wear my Seahawks polo under my 12 green alt jersey with my 2010 pair of APC jeans, my Seattle Seasocks that I bought at the pro shop at the opener in 2010 (my first game since the Kingdome) with my Seahawks hat that I wore all last year watching games in Vegas. With my blue and green plaid boxers.

Also I never sit until the game is over.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Not really, but the only semi-dumb thing I do is if I wear a hat and the team isn't playing well, I'll turn it backwards. Outside of that silly superstition, I'm not really one for rituals.

Of course my buddy nsport will tell you that my purchasing of a player jersey casts some horrible curse on said player, but that hasn't been the case since the Holmgren days (thank goodness).

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
One shot of Jager, within one hour of gametime, home or away it doesn't matter. Everybody in our tailgate group does it, and in the last couple of years we hold each other accountable even though we don't get together for away games. The only time anybody in our group missed their shot this season: Indianapolis. This s*** is real.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I make sure to watch the game on mute, while having 710am on the radio listening to Raible/Moon call the game. There is always a 5 second delay, so I can brace myself for what I about to see.