So we won the division. Big deal!

OP
OP
M

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
hawk45":six23w4d said:
Ambrose83":six23w4d said:
He's mocking all you losers who are negative nellies 24/7 on here, you all deserve it.. You guys should seek help, being that negative in life is really unhealthy.
Well I suppose that's one way to go about things as opposed to offering up football opinions.

For me negative nellies are to be engaged on the merits or ignored if there are no merits, but this is just feeding oxygen to the flames.

The negative Nancy's typically forget a very important piece of the NFL puzzle. The other team gets paid to play and win too. The same people who throw a fit when Russ throws a pick will bitch that we haven't gotten enough ints. The same ones who say that Russ almost had 2 interceptions today will lament Adams hands and missing an easy one.

You somehow expect everything to go your way and life just isn't like that. Russell Wilson is the best quarterback in franchise history. He is not perfect and he is too short to see many of the things a taller QB would see. Of course if he were 6'4, he would have gone as the 1st or 2nd pick in the first round and he would be leading another team to victory's.

This is the best time to be a Seahawk fan and I just won't let the few non great things get me down.

hawker84

Reaction score
Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.

Nunya

Reaction score
hawker84":14efui46 said:
Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.

Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact.
Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...OPINION.
the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...OPINION
RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....OPINION
have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact.
have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...OPINION...or maybe fact. Depending on a person's perspective.

OP
OP
M

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":1qt13paj said:

Don't you think it would be best for all concerned if you just switch teams depending on who is playing well at the moment? Then you MIGHT find something to be happy about. Or you could just watch highlights and say, "that is my team".

Does your name denote the year you became a fan? If so, how did you survive the 90's?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":2lau0o3y said:
We will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I mean we will probably win the first one and then be done.

BECAUSE RUN RUN PASS SOFT ZONE

hawker84

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":1w51jlmf said:
hawker84":1w51jlmf said:

Don't you think it would be best for all concerned if you just switch teams depending on who is playing well at the moment? Then you MIGHT find something to be happy about. Or you could just watch highlights and say, "that is my team".

Does your name denote the year you became a fan? If so, how did you survive the 90's?

1st off, my life doesn't revolve around seahawks football,, which is why I have no problem calling out players and coaches, that's how i survived the 70's, 80's and 90's. Secondly, I watched my first live seahawk game in the kingdome. Was a season ticket holder through the 80's and 90's. How about you? You see, I'm a big boy, I can be not happy with how my team's performing or how our coaches are under performing amd make comments about that and still love my team.. i guess because you're a super fan, you think you have the right to tell me i can't say anything negative about the team and still be a real fan, but at the same time, you still havent pointed out anything I said to be false...I'll wait.

hawker84

Reaction score
Nunya":on7zpcor said:
hawker84":on7zpcor said:

Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact.
Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...OPINION.
the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...OPINION
RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....OPINION
have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact.
have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...OPINION...or maybe fact. Depending on a person's perspective.

I respect this.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Wow this is pretty negative even for me and no this isn’t my burner account.

OP
OP
M

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":1t984gq3 said:
Norcalhawklover":1t984gq3 said:
hawker84":1t984gq3 said:

I watched my first live seahawk game in the kingdome. Was a season ticket holder through the 80's and 90's. how bout you? What have i said that's false? I'll wait.

I can no more say your views are false than you can say they are fact. You look at everything as a negative and I see that there are 22 guys on the other team hell bent on making the Seahawks look bad. Sometimes the other guy gets the better of you and sometimes you get the better of them. We have so far gotten the better of the other team on 11 out of 15 tries and I think that is really good. Some tend to focus on the 4 that the other guys won, but not me.

Undisputable facts are that we have won 11 games, the NFC West, are still in the running for the #1 seed, and can beat any team or lose to any team depending on the day. See the difference between fact and opinion?? I'll wait.

hawker84

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":3fuhenhz said:
hawker84":3fuhenhz said:
Norcalhawklover":3fuhenhz said:
hawker84":3fuhenhz said:

I watched my first live seahawk game in the kingdome. Was a season ticket holder through the 80's and 90's. how bout you? What have i said that's false? I'll wait.

I can no more say your views are false than you can say they are fact. You look at everything as a negative and I see that there are 22 guys on the other team hell bent on making the Seahawks look bad. Sometimes the other guy gets the better of you and sometimes you get the better of them. We have so far gotten the better of the other team on 11 out of 15 tries and I think that is really good. Some tend to focus on the 4 that the other guys won, but not me.

I mean we can dig out some stats if we need to, i dont think my comments are too far off.. And i never commented once about wins and losses. Never made a reference to it in my post at all. I commented on coaching and players actual play on the field. You want to talk about wins and losses, 11 and 4 is great, division titles are great. We have what it takes to beat GB or the Saints? How about KC? Who have we beaten that's of that caliber this year? Those are the wins that matter to me... but hey, I hope you're right and I'm eating a plate full of crow, I truly do. But I know my team and I know this coaching staff, and because of that, I have very little confidence for a deep playoff run or SB championship. Just my opinion... just keeping it real. If that makes me a negative Nancy, then I'm guilty as charged..

OP
OP
M

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":kanj67h7 said:
Norcalhawklover":kanj67h7 said:
hawker84":kanj67h7 said:
Norcalhawklover":kanj67h7 said:

I mean we can dig out some stats if we need to,, and i never commented once about wins and losses. Never made a reference to it in my post at all. I commented on coaching and players actual play on the field. You want to talk about wins and losses, 11 and 4 is great, division titles are great. We have what it takes to beat GB or the Saints? How about KC? Those are the wins that matter to me...

Is it possible to have an actual conversation with you? Doubtful. Wins and losses are about the only FACTS that we can post and the rest is OPINION. Your opinion is that we suck and mine is that we are better than most. You have the OPINION that our HC will never win another SB, and the FACT is that only 1 HC gets to win and 31 are losers. Your OPINION has a 31 in 32 chance of ending up correct so you consider your OPINION to be an educated one. My OPINION is that you are a sad person who hates everything.

Your OPINION is that Russ "sucked ass" the second half of the season, but the FACT is in the first 8 games the team was 6 and 2 and in the second half of the season the team is 5 and 2. Russ was the reason we won games in the first half and it seems that his incredibly hot start has cooled, but "Sucked ass" is not based in reality.

It is my opinion that you "Suck ass" as a fan.

hawker84

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":1n5myb19 said:
hawker84":1n5myb19 said:
Norcalhawklover":1n5myb19 said:
hawker84":1n5myb19 said:

I mean we can dig out some stats if we need to,, and i never commented once about wins and losses. Never made a reference to it in my post at all. I commented on coaching and players actual play on the field. You want to talk about wins and losses, 11 and 4 is great, division titles are great. We have what it takes to beat GB or the Saints? How about KC? Those are the wins that matter to me...

Is it possible to have an actual conversation with you? Doubtful. Wins and losses are about the only FACTS that we can post and the rest is OPINION. Your opinion is that we suck and mine is that we are better than most. You have the OPINION that our HC will never win another SB, and the FACT is that only 1 HC gets to win and 31 are losers. Your OPINION has a 31 in 32 chance of ending up correct so you consider your OPINION to be an educated one. My OPINION is that you are a sad person who hates everything.

Your OPINION is that Russ "sucked ass" the second half of the season, but the FACT is in the first 8 games the team was 6 and 2 and in the second half of the season the team is 5 and 2. Russ was the reason we won games in the first half and it seems that his incredibly hot start has cooled, but "Sucked ass" is not based in reality.

Like I said, stats don't lie.. RW play dropped off second half of the season. That's a fact. There is no bigger RW fan than me, but the stats don't lie... Our offensive production has dropped off, that's a fact. Our defensive production has improved, that's a fact. I never said our team sucks, I said they're not good enough to beat the elite teams. That's also a fact, go re-read my post. The only thing I stated that is opinion is I believe Carroll's inability to change with the times has and will continue to hender this team in its quest for a 2nd SB title. Again you have shown me nothing to dispute my claims, other than wins and losses. Which mean nothing going into the playoffs where every team is 0-0..... and your opinion of me means nothing obviously, prove me wrong super fan, show me some stats where I'm wrong. Still waiting..

OP
OP
M

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
hawker84":3ehoid0r said:
Norcalhawklover":3ehoid0r said:
hawker84":3ehoid0r said:
Norcalhawklover":3ehoid0r said:

Like I said, stats don't lie.. RW play dropped off second half of the season. That's a fact. There is no bigger RW fan than me, but the stats don't lie... Our offensive production has dropped off, that's a fact. Our defensive production has improved that's a fact. I never said our team sucks I said they're not good enough to beat the elite teams. That's also a fact, gonre-read my post. The only thing I stated that is opinion is I believe Carroll's inability to change with the times has and will continue to hender this team in its quest for a 2nd SB title. Again you have shown me nothing to dispute my claims, other than wins and losses. Which mean nothing going into the playoffs where every team is 0-0..... and your opinion of me means nothing obviously, prove me wrong super fan, show me some stats where I'm wrong. Still waiting..

Please think of the worst thing a person can say to another. This is what I would like to say to you, but do not want to get banned.

I do not want to talk to you anymore, and your sick mind will consider it a win. Good for you. You need a win!

hawker84

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":2bstt066 said:
hawker84":2bstt066 said:
Norcalhawklover":2bstt066 said:
hawker84":2bstt066 said:

Like I said, stats don't lie.. RW play dropped off second half of the season. That's a fact. There is no bigger RW fan than me, but the stats don't lie... Our offensive production has dropped off, that's a fact. Our defensive production has improved that's a fact. I never said our team sucks I said they're not good enough to beat the elite teams. That's also a fact, gonre-read my post. The only thing I stated that is opinion is I believe Carroll's inability to change with the times has and will continue to hender this team in its quest for a 2nd SB title. Again you have shown me nothing to dispute my claims, other than wins and losses. Which mean nothing going into the playoffs where every team is 0-0..... and your opinion of me means nothing obviously, prove me wrong super fan, show me some stats where I'm wrong. Still waiting..

Please think of the worst thing a person can say to another. This is what I would like to say to you, but do not want to get banned.

I do not want to talk to you anymore, and your sick mind will consider it a win. Good for you. You need a win!

Lol, pretty much the response I expected. Sorry that all you have in life is Seahawks football. Let me know when you come up with those stats..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
:34853_doh:
Yeah, things are SO bad here in Seattle.
Playoffs 9 of 11 years
Division Title
11-4 record
Winning consistently really sucks. Sorry that Russ doesn't play the way YOU want him to.

I get that the original post was likely a shot at the Debbie's, so it's actually kind of funny.
Yet those same doom and gloomers are whining and moaning about the defense from well over a month ago. Get over it, and enjoy what you are seeing. A GOOD defense and a damn good team, that clearly can get even better.
But, complaining after WIN is typical on dot negative and it likely won't ever change.

11-4, the ONLY stat that truly matters.

WarHawks

Reaction score
The problem with dripping sarcasm is that some actually take it seriously. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was actually a pretty funny post. And like someone has already mentioned, the doom and gloomers deserve every bit of it. And then some...…..
I honestly think some people are mad that they are winning. And it's interesting how they vanish after every win. Or downplay a great win. How sad is that?

OP
OP
M

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
WarHawks":10thp07j said:
The problem with dripping sarcasm is that some actually take it seriously. :roll:

I think some take it seriously because we are conditioned to believe that stupid negative posts are real because there are so many of them.

In case there is any doubt, the OP was completely sarcastic.