So we won the division. Big deal!

sutz

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":3e0q29ie said:
WarHawks":3e0q29ie said:
The problem with dripping sarcasm is that some actually take it seriously. :roll:

I think some take it seriously because we are conditioned to believe that stupid negative posts are real because there are so many of them.

In case there is any doubt, the OP was completely sarcastic.
That's why there are emojis. You can't always tell just from the text.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You'd think a division title and a win (finally) against the team's nemesis would bring out the best in .Net...

Instead, its a continuation of a 4 season long point scoring contest.

I agree with both sides of most arguments had on here: Wilson is great, but can be better. PC is great, can be better. These are all reasonable arguments that lean in either direction from week to week (the team is consistently successful, which says a lot).

What drags these things down to petty jabs is the emotional absolutism that some bring to the argument. Its a few, to be fair, but they are the loudest and most relentless (on either side).

But...hell... without that this place would be pretty bland.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, and I'm fully aware I get too worked up.
I'll scale it back, kind of have said my peace......over and over again :)
What a huge win that was on Sunday though. Especially against THAT team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ex89biur said:
True, and I'm fully aware I get too worked up.
I'll scale it back, kind of have said my peace......over and over again :)
What a huge win that was on Sunday though. Especially against THAT team.

no, no, no. Don't scale it back. level headed debate is for coffee shops and CSPAN. This is football, during a pandemic. We all need a pillow to scream into now and again.

I'd just hope everyone is taking just a pause between loosing their next arrow to enjoy beating the Rams and their smug coach.

notyou

Reaction score
We should all be able to enjoy a win & still be able to point out flaws within the team, without getting berated as what type of fan we are. Enjoy the games, enjoy the wins, and be able to discuss the flaws that need fixed. There will be flaws in pretty much every game. There will be good things in pretty much every game as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very little to look down on from Sunday. That was their best all around game imo.
Especially defensively. And when it counted, Russ and the offense put up two HUGE long touchdown drives.
And to do it against the Rams? I wouldn't change a thing. We didn't have to spend 3 hours listening to Troy and Joe gobbing on pretty boy McVay's knob. Bonus

LTH

Reaction score
hawker84":11ki4om1 said:
Nunya":11ki4om1 said:
hawker84":11ki4om1 said:
Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.

Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact.
Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...OPINION.
the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...OPINION
RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....OPINION
have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact.
have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...OPINION...or maybe fact. Depending on a person's perspective.

I respect this.

:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3tail61y said:
pinksheets":3tail61y said:
Even if we win the big game, that confetti gets everywhere.

And buying all that championship gear? In this economy? Who needs that?

And you know the victory parade will be in crappy weather, 31 degrees and raining, everyone will have to be socially distanced, and you'll get into a fender bender driving away, and then, while exchanging insurance info, have a slip and fall on the icy road and break a hip.

Let's all root for a wildcard game close loss to avoid this catastrophe! :twisted:

OP
OP
M

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":d99yhflm said:
Seahawk Sailor":d99yhflm said:
pinksheets":d99yhflm said:
Even if we win the big game, that confetti gets everywhere.

And buying all that championship gear? In this economy? Who needs that?

And you know the victory parade will be in crappy weather, 31 degrees and raining, everyone will have to be socially distanced, and you'll get into a fender bender driving away, and then, while exchanging insurance info, have a slip and fall on the icy road and break a hip.

Let's all root for a wildcard game close loss to avoid this catastrophe! :twisted:

I’m in!!