Soon to be the End of the Pete Carroll Era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Pete will be done in Seattle when he decides he's done - at least thru his current contract of 2019.

That said, and as others have suggested, there is a different tone/energy to Pete of late which suggests he might not finish out his contract, that perhaps, unless real changes are made, next year is the end of the Carroll era.

That's speculative to be sure, and our most immediate concern is Thursday's game and the impending playoffs, but after that, this off-season is shaping up to be a potentially tumultuous one the likes of which Seattle has not seen for some time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":ayyddph4 said:
That's speculative to be sure, and our most immediate concern is Thursday's game and the impending playoffs, but after that, this off-season is shaping up to be a potentially tumultuous one the likes of which Seattle has not seen for some time.

Again, I have to ask what leads you to believe this? You've yet to answer it.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
In the end no. Would Pete be intrigued by going back to LA? Maybe, he was a rock star there.

Maybe if we were losing this year and Pete wasn't enjoying coaching in Seattle, or his relationship with John and/or Allen was souring a little? Then I'd say we should be worried.

But Pete's been coaching a LONG time, he knows what he has here is a dream job very few coaches get the chance to ever have. So why leave a winner for an unknown situation in LA? Doesn't pencil out for Pete.[/quote]

------------------

Pete is just young/healthy enough, and has the ego, to look at the LA scenario a bit harder than we might think.

It's a BIG market, and Carroll, despite his "aw shucks" disposition, is a man with a big-time ego who loves a challenge.

Most likely he remains in Seattle near-term, but the idea of moving south is not beyond the realm of Pete Carroll's possibility.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
And then of course to add insult to injury, we wake to the following headline:

"Seahawks name Darrell Bevell as new head coach following Carroll's stunning departure."

:177692:

sutz

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2ok0pudz said:

"Seahawks name Darrell Bevell as new head coach following Carroll's stunning departure."

Bound to be banned before his first 100 posts.

:laugh: (j/k)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2makooqo said:
West TX Hawk":2makooqo said:
That's not what Bevell said. Get your facts straight. Here's the actual quote:

"He could've done a better job of staying strong through the ball...Our guy's got to go hard to the ball as well."
http://sports.mynorthwest.com/8806/poor ... uper-bowl/

This indicates a complete lack of respect for Lockette and lack of accountability. He was the one who called the play to target a player with just 18 career receptions with the title on the line. In many ways the team has just not been quite the same ever since. Pete's ideology perhaps was questioned and players began to not fully buy in. Our team has remained competitive but there's been something lacking.

If you're satisfied with 10-6 type seasons and divisional round exits, then you'll be forever happy. For those of us that have been following the team since Patera, we realize these windows for a 2nd championship are limited and Pete needs to quickly ignite a spark and/or make some changes in the offseason. The era obviously is not over, but I'm not sure if we'll ever get that 2nd title with him. Let's hope they can go on a run now through the playoffs.
For the record it was: WE could've done a better job staying stronger to the ball." Emphasis on the WE. Win as a team lose as a team. Obviously some on here have never played organized sports where that is preached daily.

Wrong yet again Siouxhawk. I just provided the link above to show the actual quote.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Mojambo":i9p25vam said:
One blow out loss in 5 years...

Gotta love "The 12."

even the Patriots have some 3 touchdown losses over the past five years.

Lets say changes do need to be made. Usually the coordinators are the first to go. You dont fire your head coach after a division winning season.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":19nl1yrb said:
Mojambo":19nl1yrb said:

Gotta love "The 12."

Lets say changes do need to be made. Usually the coordinators are the first to go. You dont fire your head coach after a division winning season.

OP said nothing about firing. Pete appears to have at least one foot nearing the exit already iMO.

Gonna be a tough off-season, then another season, and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him bow out.

Thus, we might very well be at the beginning of the end of the Carroll era.

Hoping for one more run at the big show, but not sure this team has it in them to do that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1zse2ru9 said:
WestcoastSteve":1zse2ru9 said:
Mojambo":1zse2ru9 said:

Gotta love "The 12."

OP said nothing about firing. Pete appears to have at least one foot nearing the exit already iMO.

Gonna be a tough off-season, then another season, and wouldn't be at all surprised to see him bow out.

Hoping for one more run at the big show, but not sure this team has it in them to do that.
And I'm fully confident they do, so my positive hunch cancels out your negative endless speculation.
And why would this off-season be tumultuous? Many of our core players are signed beyond next season and Schneider is great at working the system to reward guys like Bennett and Chancellor. It'll be business as usual in Renton, aside from going on the banquet circuit as Super Bowl champs.

DrDix

Reaction score
reveal him to be a merely average NFL passer when facing consistent rush pressure.

This is literally still better than almost all NFL QBs who become below average or just downright bad when facing CONSISTENT pressure as you so put.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
DrDix":25l8mrqq said:
reveal him to be a merely average NFL passer when facing consistent rush pressure.

This is literally still better than almost all NFL QBs who become below average or just downright bad when facing CONSISTENT pressure as you so put.

I agree Wilson is a remarkable athlete, though made less so this season initially due to the extra weight he showed up to Training Camp with and then compounded by those serious injuries which would have likely sidelined most other QB's.

The point being, teams are better prepared to contain Wilson, and without a legit run threat (including from a slower Wilson) (hoping a healthy Rawls can change that) his lack of decisive, confident, and consistently accurate throwing is making him much less of a threat to defenses than previous years, and if the interception trend of the last few games continue, Wilson will become as much a threat to our own offense as opposing defenses.

I think he rebounds from that, at least somewhat, starting on Thursday.

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":196ouu5n said:
WestcoastSteve":196ouu5n said:
Mojambo":196ouu5n said:

Gotta love "The 12."

Based on what, please share?

Based on what? Pete was signed thru next season then recently ADDED 2 years to that (2018 and 2019). Why would he add 2 years just to step away 2 years early?????????

Serious flaw in analogy that is based on illogical guesswork.

^^^^^^

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":250zgysc said:
semiahmoo":250zgysc said:
WestcoastSteve":250zgysc said:
Mojambo":250zgysc said:

Gotta love "The 12."

And I'm fully confident they do, so my positive hunch cancels out your negative endless speculation.
And why would this off-season be tumultuous? Many of our core players are signed beyond next season and Schneider is great at working the system to reward guys like Bennett and Chancellor. It'll be business as usual in Renton, aside from going on the banquet circuit as Super Bowl champs.

That would be awesome.

Hopeful, but not likely IMO.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3jl83p8t said:
WestcoastSteve":3jl83p8t said:
Mojambo":3jl83p8t said:

Gotta love "The 12."

good grief!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: Do you think the Seahawks can give Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell to the Rams and find a way to get Aaron Donald in return? :sarcasm_off:

nash72

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3syxms0u said:
:sarcasm_on: Do you think the Seahawks can give Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell to the Rams and find a way to get Aaron Donald in return? :sarcasm_off:

This x's 100000000

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
hawkfan68":iw1ohg8r said:

That would a very favorable swap, no?

Donald is a BEAST.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
sutz":3i9ha4w9 said:
semiahmoo":3i9ha4w9 said:

Bound to be banned before his first 100 posts.

:laugh: (j/k)

Good, if I wanted to read Webzone fantasies I could go to their website.

An IP address search on this guy could be very revealing. Just sayin.

Oh and no j/k from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.