[SPECULATION/UNCONFIRMRED RUMOR] Two teams to LA soon?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I doubt this is anything more than the politicians attempting to cover themselves with a "at least we tried" effort in the event the Rams leave for L.A.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SeatownJay":333usv7i said:
I doubt this is anything more than the politicians attempting to cover themselves with a "at least we tried" effort in the event the Rams leave for L.A.

Agree. And, one of the requirements for a team to move is to prove that they exhausted the efforts for a stadium in their current city. So, this could actually help a move to LA as well.

There is also a kinda weird rumor that Kroenke will sell the Rams due to the NFL cross ownership regulations which he just got a year extension on (he is supposed to sell his Colorado sports teams, or maybe put them in his son's name). The rumored buyers are one of two groups: one led by this Dave Peacock (a former Aneheiser-Busch President, Corporate Fund Raiser and on the NFL HOF Advisory Council) who will keep the team in St. Louis and a group led by AEG who wants to move the team to LA.

This is just people on message boards though saying things they have "heard" - nothing known to be factual. Well, except for the cross-ownership extension for Kroenke regarding his ownership of the Nuggets and Avalanche, that is true.

pehawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":s02dtp02 said:
SeatownJay":s02dtp02 said:

Agree. And, one of the requirements for a team to move is to prove that they exhausted the efforts for a stadium in their current city. So, this could actually help a move to LA as well.

There is also a kinda weird rumor that Kroenke will sell the Rams due to the NFL cross ownership regulations which he just got a year extension on (he is supposed to sell his Colorado sports teams, or maybe put them in his son's name). The rumored buyers are one of two groups: one led by this Dave Peacock (a former Aneheiser-Busch President, Corporate Fund Raiser and on the NFL HOF Advisory Council) who will keep the team in St. Louis and a group led by AEG who wants to move the team to LA.

We know all about the "exhausted all efforts" gimmick here in Seattle. Clay Bennet played that game to get the Sonics to Oklahoma. Now I hate you for reminding me of the Sonics too.

Reasons I hate you so far;

1) Rams fan
2) Pretending to be a girl
3) Reminding me of the Sonics.

Largent80

Reaction score
And a "little bird tweeted" the Hawks would trade for Vincent Jackson.

I live here and I can tell you that 2 teams won't happen.

Even if the NFL ponies up a grip of money, the people here will NOT support 2 teams in the same city.

This is NOT N.Y.

chris98251

Reaction score
But who wants to drive 800 miles from one end of LA to the other to watch the Chargers and Oakland, we already know nobody goes to 49ers games in S.C. :)

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Members of the 25+ Club know how we felt in 1996, when our team was literally weeks away from moving to the same city. I know exactly how St. Louis fans feel about this: checking the headlines daily, even hourly, expecting the worst. It'd be even worse in the internet/24-hour sports TV era.

It hurts. I'd never wish that feeling on any fan.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":3clsvaz0 said:

Even if the NFL ponies up a grip of money, the people here will NOT support 2 teams in the same city.

This is NOT N.Y.
The little bird said that the Hawks were interested in Vincent Jackson, but the Bucs wanted too much. Amirite? It was further confirmed that the Hawks were one of four team pursuing Jackson. By outside sources.

And how that relates to 2 teams in LA IDK.

Anyway, it isn't that important if LA won't support 2 NFL teams. Blackout rules are about to change, and a half full stadium in LA is better than a half full stadium in both Oakland and STL.

How weird, tho, that the bay will go from 2 teams to none.

RedAlice

Reaction score
sc85sis":rtp5rv8i said:
They may feel almost as bad as LA Rams fans felt.

Exactly. This is a bit different since the team may move back to the city it left and still has fans there.

When I visit St. Louis to see Rams games, all they care about is the Cards and the general person has no interest in the Rams. I even ask random people and generally get something about the Rams sucking.

I know there are many wonderful St. Louis fans, but in general walking around the city on a football weekend you will see more shirts of the opposing team and the Cards.

If it was like going into Philly and the excitement I saw everywhere for the Eagles, I would probably have a totally different perception of St. Louis.

It's still very unlikely they move to LA, but I will hope until it's final that they are staying in St. Louis. And if they do stay, I hope they build a much better stadium that is fun to go visit.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
RedAlice":22ln4c7s said:
sc85sis":22ln4c7s said:
They may feel almost as bad as LA Rams fans felt.

Exactly. This is a bit different since the team may move back to the city it left and still has fans there.

When I visit St. Louis to see Rams games, all they care about is the Cards and the general person has no interest in the Rams. I even ask random people and generally get something about the Rams sucking.

I know there are many wonderful St. Louis fans, but in general walking around the city on a football weekend you will see more shirts of the opposing team and the Cards.

If it was like going into Philly and the excitement I saw everywhere for the Eagles, I would probably have a totally different perception of St. Louis.

It's still very unlikely they move to LA, but I will hope until it's final that they are staying in St. Louis. And if they do stay, I hope they build a much better stadium that is fun to go visit.

It's all about winning, and whether that's right or wrong it is what it is. I live in St. Louis and I've been to games during the GSOT era and I can tell you that fan support was very high. As long as the Rams start winning, the fans will come. St. Louis is a baseball town, but there are many fans here who love football as well. You will see more Cards shirts than Rams shirts in the city, but the Cards ran St. Louis over 80 years before the Rams set foot in St. Louis, and regardless of how successful the Rams are more will support the Cardinals.

That said, if the Rams are simply playoff contenders consistently you will see much more support from the fans. People are just sick of the losing over here. What has it been, 10 years since they last seen the playoffs?

RedAlice

Reaction score
I think it was 10 years last year.

If they do stay, I hope they go with the concept to put an open air stadium over by the river in the Laclede's Landing area and building it out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":ldrkxcxf said:

This is NOT N.Y.
I'm not sure they'll support one team if it's not a winner. LA don't do losers. Also very skeptical that any private interests will step up in St. Loo to help fund a new stadium.

Scottemojo":ldrkxcxf said:
How weird, tho, that the bay will go from 2 teams to none.
:th2thumbs: