Metcalf would leave if he could (speculation)

seabowl

Reaction score
In watching DK Metcalf this year I would bet if he could force a trade right now to a different team, one that would take advantage of his skill set, he would. This is not the kind of offense that hones in on a guy and also does not throw the ball deep very often. I got to believe he’s getting frustrated and if things don’t change, he is out of here once his contract is over.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Of 28 throws, Geno deemed that Metcalf was open once, hence the one throw.

The one interception was targeted to Lockett.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Somehow there is always a pervasive negativity here following a bad loss. This thread is an example. There is little objective evidence that the basis for the OP’s opinion is correct. Every player in the NFL wants their love, and to be paid. Metcalf is being paid and has been respected by the team.

To me Metcalf is an emotional guy, who often acts before thinking about his actions. Geno simply sucked yesterday and his OLine didn’t give him much help. The Ravens are a darn good ball team and they are from a division where every team is a good team. Our team got beaten down thoroughly yesterday the D sucked as did the O especially. If anything the only bright spot in a game of constant disappointment was the one long pass to Metcalf. That was good for Metcalf and certainly doesn’t create a bright line for dissatisfaction on his part, nor does this crapulous loss.

Teams win and sometimes lose spectacularly, yesterday was a spectacularly awful loss, that loss is one for the WHOLE team.

I disagree with the premise of this thread. Each to their own.

kidhawk

Reaction score
This OP sounds more like he is frustrated we don’t use DK more which is fine just some project your feelings onto the player. He has shown no public signs of wanting to defect. I’m sure if he asked for a trade Pete and John would get a bounty for him.

I do find it interesting how the first part of the year when DK was getting a lot of targets people were saying that Geno was forcing him the ball. Then we have a game with low targets and suddenly we don’t use him enough.

I agree with jammer that it’s just frustration after the loss.

Lucky for us we are still tied for first place with time to right the ship

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
In watching DK Metcalf this year I would bet if he could force a trade right now to a different team, one that would take advantage of his skill set, he would. This is not the kind of offense that hones in on a guy and also does not throw the ball deep very often. I got to believe he’s getting frustrated and if things don’t change, he is out of here once his contract is over.

I think DK wants more touches. What receiver 'doesn't'?

An interesting dynamic will happen if/when 16 bows out. I saw like 3 articles in the news over the past week basically setting up a 'retirement' for Tyler.

There is the whole QBOTF question. I gotta tell ya, I didn't want a QB. I didn't track the preamble to the CJ Stroud comeback with the Texans yesterday - but it set me straight a little on the whole QBOTF 'thing'.

The point: These two situations might affect whether there's a trade in the future for 14. IMO anyways. The other situation that would affect it was whether our new blood finishes growing this season and look like an effective replacement for his skills.

I've seen DK chirp at both Russ and Geno the last 3 years for perceived lack of touches/not finding him - so I can imagine that his frustration is fairly real. Enough to DEMAND a trade? Probably not - but, ya know, if the Chiefs came calling I'm fairly sure it wouldn't hurt his feelings, right? If 'I' had a chance to parachute into a perfect system for my skills - why wouldn't I do it too?

Not right now - but have the offense regress 'more' than it has - and I could see him freaking out by the end of the year. Not saying it's gonna happen - but I could see it.

There. I can be reasonable and stuff when talking about 14? ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

What ego-centric WR doesn't think he gets the ball enough?

Look around the league, it's littered with disgruntled WR's who think the grass is greener elsewhere.

Is DK frustrated? Good. Play harder, run crisper routes, block harder, help your QB out more in the film room. Do what good teammates do, not pout and make it about you.

DK's also dinged up, which may be contributing to his salty demeanor right now.