Stafford traded to Rams for Goff and lots of draft picks

chris98251

Reaction score
What would suck for the Seahawks and the Cards ?

Rams getting Watson and 49ers getting Stafford or Rodgers.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1355712045006655490[/tweet]

Sweet lord. That's a ton to give up for a guy in his thirties.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
^ sure is but the rams window to win is fading fast. They will never go anywhere with Goff. 2 losses for the hawks next year

getnasty

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":25m72d51 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1355712045006655490[/tweet]

Sweet lord. That's a ton to give up for a guy in his thirties.

You have to wonder what Watson is gonna command? To me i think just getting rid of Goff and the contract is a good more for the Rams. Win win for both sides.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Jesus....that is an absurd haul for the Lions. Good for them.... NFC West is loaded man.

Hilarious how much McVay hates Goff. I'd watch purely out of fantasy interest this past year and the moment the Rams had a comfortable lead, McVay would take the ball out of his hands. Just steady dose of running and field position so he wouldn't throw a boneheaded pick into double coverage. Whenever they had to pick up the pace to score, McVay would stand there looking so confused after some of the things Goff would do.

getnasty

Reaction score
mistaowen":68vxhmii said:
Jesus....that is an absurd haul for the Lions. Good for them.... NFC West is loaded man.

Hilarious how much McVay hates Goff. I'd watch purely out of fantasy interest this past year and the moment the Rams had a comfortable lead, McVay would take the ball out of his hands. Just steady dose of running and field position so he wouldn't throw a boneheaded pick into double coverage. Whenever they had to pick up the pace to score, McVay would stand there looking so confused after some of the things Goff would do.

When you think about taking on that contract the haul isn't quite as good. If they truly believe Goff is their long term starter then yeah good for them.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Stafford makes the Rams better, but I'm honestly rather unfazed by this.

If Watson stays out of the NFC West, I'll feel just fine about our chances to take the division again.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stafford will have a running game and a line, he a quick thinker and reads fast, something that Goff was not good at, the quick passing game and reading a receiver before he is open will be a problem for everyone now.

This is a chance for Stafford to show why he was drafted so high finally, he doesn't have to win every game by himself anymore, he runs better then people realize, won't be a Wilson or a Watson, but not a sitting duck either.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
A new veteran QB In a new and sophisticated offense with most likely no OTA’s and an complete overhaul in the offensive coaching staff doesn’t sound like a winning combination. Unless of course you are Tom Brady, and let’s be serious Stafford is no where near that level. The Rams simply needed to cut bait and lose that contract.

Laughable that 5thgen thinks Stafford is better than Russ, literally nothing supports that thought.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
We can’t be upset our division rivals are making moves.

They are contenders.

Stafford does make them better.

A proven pocket deep ball passer.

Seahawks have their work cut out for them.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I think many of you guys underrate Stafford. Matt Stafford is a clutch QB that was in a very bad situation. He's a tough as nails QB with grit. Did you know Matthew Stafford has almost as many 4th quarter comebacks as Wilson since 2012? He's the anti Goff in that he's extremely good when the game is on the line. If he stays healthy, Stafford is going to be a huge problem for us. At his best he played near an MVP level. He also has one of the best deep balls and arms in the league. He has the potential to be extremely scary paired with someone like McVay. If Goff looked competent under McVay, I shutter to see what Stafford is going to do.

chris98251

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":590v8n67 said:
A new veteran QB In a new and sophisticated offense with most likely no OTA’s and an complete overhaul in the offensive coaching staff doesn’t sound like a winning combination. Unless of course you are Tom Brady, and let’s be serious Stafford is no where near that level. The Rams simply needed to cut bait and lose that contract.

Laughable that 5thgen thinks Stafford is better than Russ, literally nothing supports that thought.

I think they have a system now that will be used for OTA's and off season training based on what they learned this season.

I also think the league will adopt a lot of what the Seahawks did this season for Covid protocols, we had almost no incidence and those that arose were false positives.

chris98251

Reaction score
Think of Jim Plunkett with the Patriots then going to the Raiders, difference is Plunket's arm was at 50 or 60 percent of what it was as a Starter in New England, Stafford's is much closer to 100 percent.