Stop Evaluating the Linebackers. Please.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
It is impossible this year.

You and I know that Bobby, KJ, etc are Linebackers. This is something that PC does not realize. This year, "Linebacker" means "Alternative Zone CB" in Pete's vocabulary. So stop with the posts about "our linebackers seem awful slow this year", because yes they do, but no, they are not. Last year, they were linebackers that we asked to do normal linebacker things in a normal defense. This year, they are a failed attempt at a hybrid position that the entire NFL has been smart enough to not invent except PC. There is no comparison between this year and any other year of those LB's careers. There is no comparison between any other scheme/players on other teams. Stop comparing. Bobby did not become a walker-ridden grandpa in the space of a year. PC simply does not understand that "playing your best players" sometimes equates to requiring super human traits from said players.

Bobby would have looked slow his rookie year if he had been asked to run this scheme.
KJ would have looked slow his rookie year if he had been asked to run this scheme.
Luke M-Fing Keuchly would have looked slow.

Move along.

(Sorry I'm irritated)

iigakusei

Reaction score
Sorry but I disagree. Bobby has been below average against the run. I guess you could argue he is tired and overloaded being asked to cover more, but he hasn't looked good.

OP
OP
bbsplitter

bbsplitter

Reaction score
All of these are pretty much in the same drive or back to back drives. The linebacker coverage issue is not "overblown". It's all game long.

Attachments

• bobby1.PNG
    bobby1.PNG
    447.5 KB · Views: 540
  • bobby2.PNG
    bobby2.PNG
    296.1 KB · Views: 540
  • kj3.PNG
    kj3.PNG
    409.1 KB · Views: 540