Super Bowl predictions

WarHawks

Reaction score
I would rather see Philly win, but State Farm is probably pulling strings to make sure the Chiefs win. Lol. OK ok, that's a bit off the reservation. Eagles in ot.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
The team the refs seem to want to win is going to win. Will be close. But I have a feeling the refs will make it obvious who they picked on the last drive to win the game for that team.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I didn't really pay that much attention to the Chiefs this year.

I did fill out a bracket game thingy before the playoffs where I predicted a Chiefs v Eagles Super Bowl and was only one of three to do so out of 20 people.

The other two were a Chiefs fan and an Eagles fan.

I chose the Chiefs to win, but I want the Eagles to win.

My prediction now looking at the teams more. I feel like the Eagles have the more solid team on both lines, and definitely a stronger Defense.

But Mahomes is always one of those guys that can win any game. So, he is never out of it unless fully shut down.

Eagles win. 34-31.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I want Philadelphia to win, and in a fair fight I think they would, but I've heard it's already been scripted for the Chiefs to win a squeaker at the end of the game. Something like 33 to 31.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I also think this is Hurts game to win or lose.

Shall he be like Goff all deer in the headlights as he play the ONE game that matters?

Or shall he perform and rock it?

Eagles beat Mahommes if he rocks it.

Hurts has the better supporting cast.

GemCity

Reaction score
KC 31-20 if I had to make a guess.
That’s what I think as well. Weird to say but, I think Philly is a better team.

Mahomes and Co. have been here before…I think that experience gives them the edge.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Chiefs defense sucks. I think Mahomes isn't 100%.

Philly 35 - KC 17

olyfan63

Reaction score
I don't see how that KC defense consistently stops Jalen Hurts if peak Jalen shows up. Philly's pass rush presents big problems for KC and Mahomes, especially if he still has a gimpy ankle. Philly has the better LOS players, while it's pretty much a draw on the skill players.

For KC to win this, I see three paths:
a) KC needs a couple key turnovers, and/or a couple big Special Teams plays, like a KR or PR TD. New Orleans onside kick in SB44 vs Indy, anyone?
b) KC's other path is surprise us with a matchup advantage we weren't expecting, like the KC run game bulldozing the Philly D. Or Bill Belichick sharing a top-secret defensive game plan to Andy Reid.
c) A in-game injury to a key Eagles player, likely on the defensive side, that gives KC a matchup advantage like losing Jeremy Lane and Cliff Avril to in-game injuries in SB49 doomed the Seahawks, or losing Marquand Manuel in SBXL.

This Super Bowl feels like such a wildcard, especially with Patrick Mahomes in the mix, but Philly is overall the stronger team.

So, all of this leaves me no choice but to predict a final score of 34-31, favoring, who else, KC. No, wait a minute, KC's kicker missed the scripted 56 yarder at the gun, so we go to overtime, and Philly runs it down the field against an exhausted KC defense. Eagles, 37-31, final answer.