Super Bowl predictions

olyfan63

Reaction score
I also think this is Hurts game to win or lose.

Shall he be like Goff all deer in the headlights as he play the ONE game that matters?

Or shall he perform and rock it?

Eagles beat Mahommes if he rocks it.

Hurts has the better supporting cast.
I felt like it was McVay being the deer in the headlights as much or more than Goff. But then, maybe I'm just blinded by Goff's excellent play this year with the Lions. Goff and the Lions vs Seahawks and Geno in NFCCG in 2024. It could happen!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The team the refs seem to want to win is going to win. Will be close. But I have a feeling the refs will make it obvious who they picked on the last drive to win the game for that team.
So, sorta like last year. I really don't care which team wins, I just don't want to see it decided by penalties on the last drive. Any more of that and I think I'm done donating my time to the Owl machine (unless the Hawks go, of course).

RedAlice

Reaction score
I felt like it was McVay being the deer in the headlights as much or more than Goff. But then, maybe I'm just blinded by Goff's excellent play this year with the Lions. Goff and the Lions vs Seahawks and Geno in NFCCG in 2024. It could happen!
That could be fun!

and Yes, Mcvay was a deer too. Both were awestruck little boys to play the Pats.

i think woulda been different if it was v a different team.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
I want Philadelphia to win, and in a fair fight I think they would, but I've heard it's already been scripted for the Chiefs to win a squeaker at the end of the game. Something like 33 to 31.

Yep. Just as I expected, just about verbatim. The fake phantom "holding" call on the Eagles at the end confirms it. You can see how easy it is for officials to manipulate the outcomes of games in order to achieve the desired results.

And stupid gullible people to this day still don't think, or are in denial about, the fact that Super Bowl XL was fixed.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
The team the refs seem to want to win is going to win. Will be close. But I have a feeling the refs will make it obvious who they picked on the last drive to win the game for that team.

Good call. Fake holding call on Bradberry at just the right moment for the Chiefs.

schkoot

Reaction score
Yep. Just as I expected, just about verbatim. The fake phantom "holding" call on the Eagles at the end confirms it. You can see how easy it is for officials to manipulate the outcomes of games in order to achieve the desired results.

And stupid gullible people to this day still don't think, or are in denial about, the fact that Super Bowl XL was fixed.
If it was fixed for KC then why overturn an obvious fumble/TD recovery on the Chiefs' behalf? That was control, possession, football move (turning into the defender to run down field).

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
If it was fixed for KC then why overturn an obvious fumble/TD recovery on the Chiefs' behalf? That was control, possession, football move (turning into the defender to run down field).
I thought that was a horrible call. But so was the interference call.

Rainger

Reaction score
My God
How long have you watched football. That was a bang bang play. Catches turns gets hit ball come out. No extra steps no football moves. Man guys have run 4 more yards than that and it has been incomplete. Just proves they call it they way they want.

James in PA

Reaction score
Someone cleaned up big time on this Owl. SO MUCH Philly $$ poured in from the moment the SB matchup was set. I think all of the Fox idiots had Philly, as did most analysts. People get fooled by blowout wins over garbage opponents and opponents with no QB.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I took the over in the first half by Philly and won. Took over for the game and won again. Didn't wanna' touch that point spread. Game felt like a toss up all week, and that's what we saw.

schkoot

Reaction score
My God

How long have you watched football. That was a bang bang play. Catches turns gets hit ball come out. No extra steps no football moves. Man guys have run 4 more yards than that and it has been incomplete. Just proves they call it they way they want.
My God

I’ll argue with you all day about whether it was a catch or not, but that’s not my point.

My point is why would the refs overturn a call for the chiefs if they were steering for them when they had the ruling on the field they needed to make it stand?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I’ll argue with you all day about whether it was a catch or not, but that’s not my point.

My point is why would the refs overturn a call for the chiefs if they were steering for them when they had the ruling on the field they needed to make it stand?
Simply because it's a reviewable call and turnovers and scoring plays get automatic reviews to confirm. It would have been too obvious. They had to make a *correct* call, not a *steering* call, under the circumstances. Sadly, it was correctly ruled an incomplete pass.

There was no "football move", unless merely thinking, "oh shit, I'm about to get lit up" counts as a football move.

That game-deciding holding call... I am totally on the fence re the holding call on Bradberry. He grabbed the receiver twice, yes, somewhat discreetly, a "professional hold" that DBs often, even "usually" get away with. The two holds DID affect the receiver's timing of getting to the spot where Mahomes was throwing. "How much" and "was it enough to make a difference" and "it was an uncatchable ball" are all subjective.

Out of the whole game, that D-Holding call at the end was the only one I had any "steering" misgivings about.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Something I do believe the Rams and Hawks have in common.
I re-watched SB49 the day before SB57 and don't really think there was any "GOATs" awestruckness (Brady and Belichick) on the Hawks part. The Seahawks picked off Brady twice, but when already-injured Tharald Simon got re+more-injured in the game, and the Seahawks lost CB Jeremy Lane and Cliff Avril, the Patriots O had a personnel matchup advantage over the Seahawks D. The GOATs simply saw that matchup advantage and repeatedly exploited it. Blame Carroll also for failing to have slot CB Marcus Burley active for the game. Carroll wrongly thought that Simon could match up with the much-quicker Edelman and Amendola by being physical. Simon could only whiff and watch, catch after catch.

For McVay in the SB vs the Pats, I think it was just his youth and inexperience of not anticipating Belichick's defensive game plan and not having ready-to-go counter-moves. Plus Goff was more of a one-read QB at that point, and Belichick & Co. saw a few things on film and came up with a Goff-Kryptonite strategy. Just not readily coach-fixable within the timeframe of a game, with all the other commotion going on. If only a previous opponent had tried similar tactics and smoked the Rams with it, McVay would have dissected it and been ready with counter-moves. In short, blame the 49ers!

olyfan63

Reaction score
I thought that was a horrible call. But so was the interference call.
Which interference call? The only PI I can instantly recall is the one where the Philly WR near the targeted receiver blocked too soon, before the ball arrived, and that IS a PI call. Legit call. The Seahawks had several of those called against them this season. Was there another PI call I'm not remembering?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
My bad. I meant the holding call at the end. After hearing what others say, I have changed my opinion about the call from “wrong” to “controversial”.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I would rather see Philly win, but State Farm is probably pulling strings to make sure the Chiefs win. Lol. OK ok, that's a bit off the reservation. Eagles in ot.
I guess I wasn't that far off the reservation after all...