Sweet D, SEA. Sweet D

AubHawk71

Reaction score
No more excuses, the stats speak for themselves.

Digging yourself in a hole that the offense has to fill is when you start coughing up the ball, because you're trying too hard to pick up the slack of the defense. Also: momentum. The Hawks lost because of turnovers, because of desperation. Not because the offense is flawed.

Historically bad defensive numbers (search it yourself, Randy, I'm not going to do your homework and provide links for you).

Also the excuse that the NFL games this year are higher scoring is a lame duck. If you have to score 50 points to win. Nope. That's college ball.

Also: injuries. Nope. Paper tiger. All teams have that.

This was probably the easiest L to predict even before the season started. Because Buff has a championship caliber defense. Seattle has Soft Zone and no rush. So...nothing. I can take the loss graciously and hope it provides the evidence that the defense needs an overhaul.

Or...we can just keep making excuses.

balakoth

Reaction score
AubHawk71":111li7a8 said:
No more excuses, the stats speak for themselves.

Digging yourself in a hole that the offense has to fill is when you start coughing up the ball, because you're trying too hard to pick up the slack of the defense. Also: momentum. The Hawks lost because of turnovers, because of desperation. Not because the offense is flawed.

Historically bad defensive numbers (search it yourself, Randy, I'm not going to do your homework and provide links for you).

Also the excuse that the NFL games this year are higher scoring is a lame duck. If you have to score 50 points to win. Nope. That's college ball.

Also: injuries. Nope. Paper tiger. All teams have that.

This was probably the easiest L to predict even before the season started. Because Buff has a championship caliber defense. Seattle has Soft Zone and no rush. So...nothing. I can take the loss graciously and hope it provides the evidence that the defense needs an overhaul.

Or...we can just keep making excuses.

Soft zone may be true.. but rush is due to the scheme.. and clearly over the last 2 weeks.. we are doing just fine on getting to the QB

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Maybe it's scheme related but I feel like Diggs has been invisible this year. Honestly the only big play I can think of him making is picking off that overthrow by Murray vs the Cards. I thought maybe I am just spoiled by those years of Earl but I thought Diggs made more plays last year.

emurri

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3i46rhll said:
Maybe it's scheme related but I feel like Diggs has been invisible this year. Honestly the only big play I can think of him making is picking off that overthrow by Murray vs the Cards. I thought maybe I am just spoiled by those years of Earl but I thought Diggs made more plays last year.
I agree with you about Diggs. I thought he was going to have an amazing season but he has been underwhelming. It could be because or brilliant dc is putting him in terrible position.

OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
When you have 7 sacks and the other team still scores 44 points that tells me one thing. Horribly off balanced, mismanaged defense.

Just keep chucking the ball down the field.

'Well, we have some things we need to work on.' - PC

I'm going to start using that at work.

'Randy done lost his arm in the thresher again!'
'Well, we have some things to work on.'

Jerhawk

Reaction score
AubHawk71":1yfrmmt4 said:
When you have 7 sacks and the other team still scores 44 points that tells me one thing. Horribly off balanced, mismanaged defense.

:lol: I laughed too hard at this lmao

We need Pete to get angry! Switch up the scheme and get after these guys for crying out loud.

OP
OP
AubHawk71

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Jerhawk":18yy8p73 said:
AubHawk71":18yy8p73 said:

:lol: I laughed too hard at this lmao

We need Pete to get angry! Switch up the scheme and get after these guys for crying out loud.

I agree that he needs to get angry. But, coincidentally? he got a contract on Saturday that guarantees a nice cushy ride into retirement and the Bills posted the worst 44 points loss of his career in SEA. He earned his kudos, but there's no need for him to have the survival fire in his belly anymore, say like a 22 yo noob in the NFL has. Fear is a great motivator.

Give him his money. Fine. If he want's to go yuck it up with Cower and/or TB and Dungy, in 2-3 years then fine. Take your victory lap.

But that won't help this historically bad defense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm trying to understand how you blame the defense for four TO's that all led to
Bills scores..
A lot of you want this Russ cook stuff but it doesn't help the D..
Score quick-D not rested
Turn ball over-D not rested
I see injuries that are hurting the D.
No RB is hurting both because clock moving is a plus.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I think scoring fast and early makes the defense from last season worse, but the defense gave up two easy TD drives to stop the game and gave their punter the day off. The D still gave up 28 points without those turnovers.

They were 6-2 last season as well, the defense just gave up less points because they weren't inducing the shootouts earlier.

Latest posts