Terry Blount shows off his Seahawk wisdom.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Both players have shown their draft value, and Clark is just getting going. Now healthy and getting playing time he's had 3 sacks in the past 2 games.

For most teams my bet is if they were to redraft the last draft Tyler Lockett would have been drafted at least a round earlier while Clark would have gone about where he was picked.

Smellyman

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2imcgnae said:
Both players have shown their draft value, and Clark is just getting going. Now healthy and getting playing time he's had 3 sacks in the past 2 games.

For most teams my bet is if they were to redraft the last draft Tyler Lockett would have been drafted at least a round earlier while Clark would have gone about where he was picked.

Phillip Dorsett being rated so high above Lockett was always a head scratcher to me.

seabowl

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2hwe7mdp said:

RW, Sherm, Chancellor, Baldwin, Kearse, Sweezy........ If this ding dong needs to ask why then WHY is he a "professional" sports writer. I guess he's still living up to his impeccable reputation.

Jville

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2oj7ytay said:

Where is the link?

Eight minutes ago? Terry Blount has had no vested interest in the Seahawks for months.

kearly

Reaction score
The dumbest part is not that he doubted Clark or Lockett; it's that he presumed to know what the other 31 draft boards looked like. Clark had 1st round talent and had fallen down draft boards for dropped charges and an irrational fear of SJW blowback. It seems reasonable to think that at least a few teams had Clark on their board, and a talent like his wouldn't likely last much later than it did already.

It was the same story almost to a T with Bruce Irvin. People like Mel Kiper thought Irvin was a 3rd rounder, but it turned out that something like 7 NFL teams had a 1st round grade on Irvin. Nobody in the media can say for sure if a player was a reach or not, they can only give an opinion on the player's talent being worth the pick. And in the case of Clark, it was obvious even at the time that his talent more than justified the pick.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have often suspected Terry of smoking too much of his last name.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at Terry Blount...........idiot

bigwrm

Reaction score
I think Sheil Kapadia has been fantastic so far, even better than Sando. A lot of well-written, thoughtful, and insightful articles. A complete contrast to Blount's bland and generic pieces.

drdiags

Reaction score
Jville":24c2x7js said:
NJSeaHawk":24c2x7js said:

Where is the link?

Eight minutes ago? Terry Blount has had no vested interest in the Seahawks for months.

Was wondering the same. I am thinking the OP just wanted to remind us of Terry's take and not that Terry is still posting/tweeting about things he is no longer involved in.

Ozzy

Reaction score
jammerhawk":29127lqa said:

I think Clark gets moved up a few. His skill set is at a premium and the only thing that knocked him down was the looming criminal stuff. Now that they know more and he's done really well he would move up.

Ozzy

Reaction score
bigwrm":3lfm9kx7 said:
I think Sheil Kapadia has been fantastic so far, even better than Sando. A lot of well-written, thoughtful, and insightful articles. A complete contrast to Blount's bland and generic pieces.
Agreed he's doing a fantastic job.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jville":2buc9ers said:
NJSeaHawk":2buc9ers said:

Where is the link?

This is a screen grab from after the draft, not recently.

The Clark pick could still be up for a little debate with the character concerns, and some injuries keeping him inconsistent. Yes, he has been playing well but an athlete like that dude should be picking up a few sacks regardless of his ability to be a long-term contributor. Personally I would have liked to have seen us use the pick on a DB because I wasn't thrilled with the Cary Williams pickup to begin with. All that being said Clark could turn out to be pretty awesome in our rotation.

His comments on Lockett are ridiculous though. This guy was so underrated out of college and filled such an immediate special teams need for us immediately that even had he not repeatedly now proven he is a legit receiver it still would have been a good pick.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Even if this was right after the draft, it's a baseless statement. Writers act like projections are the end all be all for players. They're not and the Hawks prove them wrong all the time. Pretty much disputing their work and making their jobs a bit less of a certainty to keep. That's probably why a lot of them don't like us.