Thank You Hawks For Shaving A Decade Off My Life

Rat

Reaction score
I keep thinking that winning this way is unsustainable, but they keep pulling it off, over and over again. Probability has shifted. I'm not betting against them anymore.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'm a septuagenarian. One of these games may be the end of me. I'm in good health, but my oh my.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I've gotten so used to it, that I really don't get bothered by it any more. Up by 2 scores, down by 2 scores, I had the same feeling. This is going to come down to the final drive in a 1 score game.

Russ with the ball at 2 minutes, needing a TD to win it was exactly what I expected, and I was certain he would find a way.

Boy did he ever.

I got tense on the 4th downs, but it was more of an excitement to see how he was going to pull it off.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Optimus25":3fsidiek said:
I'm positively convinced there has never in the history of the league been a team with a wilder decade than ours.

Considering you go back almost ten years now to beast quake, think about all the unbelievable, photo finish, controversial, awe inspiring, and downright maddening games we have had.

These are the days...

For sure we are going to look back on this past decade and say how much we miss these teams.

raisethe3

Reaction score
The 4th down throws had me on the ropes. I was like...oh no....then pass complete! Oh yeah!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Almost every week is a rollercoaster thriller. You can't script this. It is so good, nearly every game has high drama and goes down to the wire. Love it!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pete last night after the game said his biggest regret is the 12's not being in the stands for these amazing last plays to win these games at home. He really looked heartfelt saying it.

Can you imagine how nuts Century Link would have been for those final plays at home??

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Aros":122rmqjc said:
Pete last night after the game said his biggest regret is the 12's not being in the stands for these amazing last plays to win these games at home. He really looked heartfelt saying it.

Can you imagine how nuts Century Link would have been for those final plays at home??

The announcers, I think it might have been Cris Collinsworth, made a good point in saying that if there were fans in attendance, the noise might have made the Vikings kick a field goal in the final minute, rather than go for it on 4th down. We'll never know, but everyone is well aware that a packed Link has an impact on the game.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Aros":ax8c9rs1 said:

The noise would be loud like crazy! Once the touchdown hits, you can imagine the seismic activity hits again. Feeling deja vu all over again.