The 2017 recruiting thread.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Gotta love whats going on at UCLA. They currently have 3 commits. They've had 6 guys decommit this cycle already. Gotta wonder if Jim Mora's seat is getting a little hot. He's had a lot of expectations, and seems to fall short every single year.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Both Ducks and Huskies have added late pieces that will be eligible to play this season. Ducks added JC 3* DT Ratu Mafileo. He's a guy who loved the Ducks coming out of high school but could not get himself eligible. 2 years later he was commited to Texas A&M but just flipped to the Ducks last week. He'll be in camp starting this week. He has 3 years eligibility left.

The Huskies added a 3* junior college WR KJ Young. He was originally a 3 star out of high school and went to Oklahoma where he has 18 catches as a freshman. Then he got kicked off the team (for breaking unspecified team rules) as a sophomore and had to go to a JC. He's also eligible right away and has 2 years of eligibility remaining.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Bummer about Hodgins, but, that's the way it goes with early verbals. WSU has been recruiting well, won't break the class. He still says he's going to take his official visit there, but he's as good as gone. Got enticed by another schools waterfall grotto probably.

I remember WSU got a verbal from Bishop Sankey back in 2010, Paul Wulff, in his naivete, thought that meant no other schools would try and recruit Sankey, and WSU stopped keeping up with Sankey, UW pushes hard, because Sankey's a stud, Sankey commits, and Paul Wulff stews about UW being "Unethical".

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2tfzprml said:
JSeahawks":2tfzprml said:
Bellevue's Salvon Ahmed just ran an electronically times 4.32 40 at The Opening. He's one of my favorite recruits. His 5 finalists are Washington, Oregon, USC, Stanford and Notre dame. I think he's probably going to either UW or Stanford.
I know oregon likes him at running back, some schools are recruiting him as a defensive back. Not sure which side if the ball the huskies want him.
I hope UW gets him but ND is getting tons of great players(more than normal)I wouldn't rule them out.

He's announcing his commitment today at 5 pm. I'll be pretty shocked if its anywhere other then UW.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ahmed commited to UW. I really love this kid. I hope they play him on offense. I honestly think he could be Christian McCaffrey like as a RB. He'd be good at safety too (which I think is where Washington wants him), but he'd be special at RB, imo.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well thats some good UW news,maybe he will play both ways like others have in last few years

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping up on this JSeahawks. I liked what I read here.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":sokzbd20 said:
Wonder if they still get Molden

From what I've read Molden has been considered a Stanford lean for quite awhile but the Ducks are still heavily in the conversation. Hopefully as the decision gets closer the appeal of playing closer to home at dads alma mater will pull him our direction. Tough saying no to Stanford though, both academically and athletically.

cesame

Reaction score
It'd just be nice to keep some in state talent

Already lost Tuipolotu and Daniel Green

dogorama

Reaction score
Petersen is doing a good job of building a fence around the state, but it is a difficult time with so much parity in the league. Recruiting against Stanford is also difficult for north division schools because of the pure dollar value of a Stanford education which is literally worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It seems we lose a really good one here and there. Oregon's recent success played a role in some recruit's decision also but that may be changing. Then, a recruit might choose solely based upon a lack of competition at their position.

College football, like everything it seems, is cyclic and we may be entering one of those critical moments of time that define the direction of programs. Oregon appears to be in a state of decline, they have had to go to smaller schools to get players in their final year of eligibility, and their coaching situation seems to be tenuous with a fan base seemingly in revolt. Whether they can reverse this trend remains to be seen. UW, on the other hand, seems to be pretty secure in their coaching situation and this can play a significant part of a recruit's decision-making process. How this season will play out is anybody's guess but that also will play a role in choice.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":12fhf57m said:
Wonder if they still get Molden

I guess he suffered a concussion in there last game. He's had a few. He also had a fractured skull from a collision in 7 on 7 the summer before last. Hate to say it, but i'm not sure this is a kid who should be playing college football. Which sucks, because he's one hell of an athlete and cornerback.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Foster was going to be at the UW/Stanford game. I certainly hope that was so.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
jkitsune":1mbh3rjt said:
I read somewhere that Foster was going to be at the UW/Stanford game. I certainly hope that was so.

Seems like he'd be playing in his own game on a Friday night.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ezd0jeud said:
jkitsune":ezd0jeud said:

His team played on Thursday.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
bigtrain21":vllkufyx said:
JSeahawks":vllkufyx said:
jkitsune":vllkufyx said:

His team played on Thursday.

Gotcha. He's definatly gonna be a good one wherever he ends up.

Latest posts