The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

sutz

Reaction score
Against Texas we should do all right. Glbert throwing tonight, he's been on a good roll for a kid. Hope the hyped up crowd doesn't throw him off his game.

:2thumbs:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Hector Santiago throwing the rosin bag back to the dugout, then giving up no runs much to the umps chagrin was amazing. He's becoming my favorite player quickly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":357oazhu said:
Marco has been hot garbage most of the year. He threw homerun derby balls tonight.
Agree. Flexen has been a great surprise though.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5p8w5zdc said:
XxXdragonXxX":5p8w5zdc said:
Marco has been hot garbage most of the year. He threw homerun derby balls tonight.
Marco needs pinpoint accuracy and speed control to survive. He's kind of a wannabe Jamie Moyer type. No overpowering stuff and wins on ball placement and speed adjustments. He took time for maternity leave and looked like he had months of rust to slough off.

I could definitely see Flex as a long term answer at #3/4 in the rotation. Having that dependable inning eater at the back end can be invaluable.

YK is looking like the Ace going forward. Guess the team will have to do something on that option they hold or they'll lose him to a big market team.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
sutz":1mv2c7kr said:
Sports Hernia":1mv2c7kr said:
XxXdragonXxX":1mv2c7kr said:
Marco needs pinpoint accuracy and speed control to survive. He's kind of a wannabe Jamie Moyer type. No overpowering stuff and wins on ball placement and speed adjustments. He took time for maternity leave and looked like he had months of rust to slough off.

I could definitely see Flex as a long term answer at #3/4 in the rotation. Having that dependable inning eater at the back end can be invaluable.

YK is looking like the Ace going forward. Guess the team will have to do something on that option they hold or they'll lose him to a big market team.

Solid stuff.

Mariners 3.5 back

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Only 3.5 back but can’t see us hanging with Tampa and Oakland. Those are two really well ran franchises, who are can win now. We aren’t really suppose to be where we are, and I still don’t think we become buyers at the deadline.

Pretty amazing to be in the position that we are. With Fraley doing so well, I wonder if that makes Haniger more expendable. I still think we need to keep the goal for next season. I want to see us spend about 70 million (assuming they don’t resign Seager) in the offseason. Resign Kikuchi. Go get a solution for 2B, 3B and add another great arm to the rotation.

With our run differential being negative, just feels like the spark will run out.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ddfqli0o said:
Only 3.5 back but can’t see us hanging with Tampa and Oakland. Those are two really well ran franchises, who are can win now. We aren’t really suppose to be where we are, and I still don’t think we become buyers at the deadline.

Pretty amazing to be in the position that we are. With Fraley doing so well, I wonder if that makes Haniger more expendable. I still think we need to keep the goal for next season. I want to see us spend about 70 million (assuming they don’t resign Seager) in the offseason. Resign Kikuchi. Go get a solution for 2B, 3B and add another great arm to the rotation.

With our run differential being negative, just feels like the spark will run out.

It may very well.

Except the run differential was from one month.

Also the mariners have the 3rd easiest schedule remaining. I believe Oakland was #11 or #12.

I wish they would of spent money before this season. Plus its easy to say "i told you so" over the Mariners.

I think they are buyers at the deadline.

Go Ms.

Threedee

Reaction score
I feel as though we'll never be able to match the (oh, so foreseeable) lost spark that was the first 45 games of 2019.

As such, whatever thread we are currently hanging on by can optimistically be viewed as tenable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sheffield sucks. Time to include him in any trade, don’t care what we get back in return.

Yankees have been sucking ass until they face his batting practice arm.
Figures!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Awful outing for Sheffield tonight.

Even worse he does it against his old team... Yikes

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The hitting isn’t much better. They are making some no name with a 5+ era look like the second coming of CY Young.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1kzlq467 said:
Sheffield sucks. Time to include him in any trade, don’t care what we get back in return.

Yankees have been sucking ass until they face his batting practice arm.
Figures!
I was not happy the yanks traded him when they did. But last night he did look awful. I wouldn’t give up on him yet. He’s young and he could turn it around. O lt thing I noticed with him this year is his fastball is down a few clicks. So maybe he is injured and isn’t saying anything. Or his mechanics are off a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crizilla

Reaction score
Shed Long blew the game, or Servais. Whichever. Doesn't matter. What a joke. How Servais had BOTH Trammel and Shed in the outfield today was soo dumb. In fact so dumb it ended up costing the M's the game, literally. If Shed throws to 3rd in the first inning instead of home he gets that guy out easily and eventually Murphy's homer would have won it. He had no chance to get Judge out at home. Not even close. Nada. Zip. That was bad baseball, folks, real bad.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hate the Yankees.
I hate losing to the Yankees

If we get swept today, I'll be filled with so much hate

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":364qfd7h said:
I hate the Yankees.

Yep.
Very frustrating series so far to watch.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2utovoxy said:
Jerhawk":2utovoxy said:
I hate the Yankees.

Yep.
Very frustrating series so far to watch.

If memory serves, they tend to beat us in Seattle and we tend to beat them in NY. So let's just win today and sweep them in NY and we'll all feel better.

Latest posts