The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
getnasty":2miupcju said:
[vine][/vine]
Sports Hernia":2miupcju said:
Thepeelsessions":2miupcju said:
Well boys, the hitting ineptitude we've come to know so well here in Seattle was on full display tonight. That was an embarrassment and tough to watch.
Free Kelenic!

It's not fair to Kelenic and not best for the team at the moment but i'll wait 15 games when he's young to have another free year when he's older. There needs to be some kind of rule change so teams aren't able to do this to players though.
Problem is, this action and other actions by the front office Kelenic isn’t happy with. 95 times out of 100 I’d say the player needs to suck it up and shut up about it.... but this guy is going to be a future superstar.

When he refuses to sign the extension these actions will be why.

The Mariners will NOT let him walk in FA and get nothing in return, so they will trade him before his contract is through, so there goes the extra year theory. Secondly they will get nothing much in return if they trade him with one year left with teams knowing he will hit FA the year after..... which means you have to trade him 2 years out to get anything of value in return, which means you are going to lose him a year earlier than you would of if you hadn’t played arbitration games.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
So when Kelenic gets called up, does that mean Kyle Lewis moves to left field?

Or do we trade Hanniger? What about Julio Rodriguez, where does that leave him?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":ptwnia5j said:
So when Kelenic gets called up, does that mean Kyle Lewis moves to left field?

Or do we trade Hanniger? What about Julio Rodriguez, where does that leave him?
If anything it creates a back up at DH eventually. J-rod isn’t ready yet, though he’s closer than most think IMHO.
Kelenic, Lewis, Trammell, and J-rod can all play centerfield, and the rest of the OF positions.

I like France’s bat and he’s Seager’s replacement at 3rd.

Haniger (whom I’m a fan of when healthy) I think will eventually get traded off for pitching.

Eventually you will have likely 4 young stud OF’s you can rotate in and out of the DH spot.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":37ktohhz said:
[vine][/vine]
Sports Hernia":37ktohhz said:
Thepeelsessions":37ktohhz said:
Well boys, the hitting ineptitude we've come to know so well here in Seattle was on full display tonight. That was an embarrassment and tough to watch.
Free Kelenic!

It's not fair to Kelenic and not best for the team at the moment but i'll wait 15 games when he's young to have another free year when he's older. There needs to be some kind of rule change so teams aren't able to do this to players though.
It's not fair to Kelenic?Need a rule change?The players voted and agreed to
it in their union contract with MLB.
Boo hoo life isn't fair..You don't agree to something and then cry when it doesn't
fit your view...The M's are doing exactly what they can do and many teams have
already done.If the players don't like the process then get it changed in the next
contract.I'm so tired of the baby attitudes that pros have today in all the sports.

getnasty

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2x7sj6t5 said:
getnasty":2x7sj6t5 said:
[vine][/vine]
Sports Hernia":2x7sj6t5 said:
Thepeelsessions":2x7sj6t5 said:
Free Kelenic!

Boo hoo life isn't fair..You don't agree to something and then cry when it doesn't
already done.If the players don't like the process then get it changed in the next
contract.I'm so tired of the baby attitudes that pros have today in all the sports.

Calm down buddy. I don’t feel bad for any professional athlete as they all have it pretty good. I also understand that the players union signs off on these things. Still sucks for Kelenic and for the fans but i wouldn't do anything different if i were the M's front office.

Hernia does bring up a good point though that they could be burning bridges with a stud who's good enough to be on the opening day roster.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think they tried to sign him long term and they realized he was going to bet on himself and go for max money no matter what. If the Mariner organization decides they want to keep him around they will have to pay up. If not he will go to whichever team is willing to. Simple as that. Whether or not he is but hurt over this matters little to none whatsoever when the time comes to pay up.
He is cocky and sure of himself, and he is going to go for max money regardless of this move by the Mariners. Hence why they are doing what they are doing. Any other move would be quite dumb. Trying to engender good will won't matter one iota when the time comes. My guess is the Mariners will not pay up and he will be gone. Just like Alex, Griffey, Johnson, etc.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":11u25ayq said:
getnasty":11u25ayq said:
[vine][/vine]
Sports Hernia":11u25ayq said:
Thepeelsessions":11u25ayq said:
Free Kelenic!

I don’t necessarily disagree with your main premise but when this guy is one of the best players in the league, and gets traded for scraps before his original contract is up because he is pissed and won’t sign an extension here, it’s because the Mariners played silly and unnecessary arbitration games.

The Mariners front offices and ownership groups thru the years have always thought they were the smartest guys in the room, except they never have been. There is a reason they are the only current MLB team to never appear in a World Series.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just like that Paxton is hurt just about an inning into the season.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3pm47216 said:
Just like that Paxton is hurt just about an inning into the season.
No way I expected him to last the season, but no way I expected him to get knocked out after 1.1 innings, either. Ridiculous.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I think HOPE just died, at this rate Haniger should be a yankee by the end of April...lulz

While I think the build up of young talent was needed and for the most part done well,this team will not make the playoffs until they hire a bigger than the team manager. The only time this team has ever had real success is with Lou who was the biggest personality in the clubhouse. He could handle the pressure for the players and rightfully had all the players respect.

Servais is a good dude, he will never be a HOF’er. This franchise needs to go for broke and get off the snide. 19 years and rolling

Jerhawk

Reaction score
4 runs allowed in the 8th to the White Sox.
Are we ever going to fix the bullpen?

Hitting is still awful.

Release the Kelenic

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":jol1jn35 said:
4 runs allowed in the 8th to the White Sox.
Are we ever going to fix the bullpen?

Hitting is still awful.

Release the Kelenic
Then need Lewis and Kelenic in that lineup.
Evan White’s approach at the plate is awful and hasn’t improved since last year.

sutz

Reaction score
Y'all talking like it's the middle of June or something. We just finished the first week of the season and we're 3-3. :mrgreen:

Dunn really struggled today, but some nice hitting in the 6th inning. Ty France with an 11 pitch walk. :shock: Seags with a bases clearing 3-run double to left field. :mrgreen:

Now off to the Twins.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":38f73g5o said:
Y'all talking like it's the middle of June or something. We just finished the first week of the season and we're 3-3. :mrgreen:

Dunn really struggled today, but some nice hitting in the 6th inning. Ty France with an 11 pitch walk. :shock: Seags with a bases clearing 3-run double to left field. :mrgreen:

Now off to the Twins.

I want wins! And I want them now!!

Maulbert

Reaction score
Jerhawk":38oxohwz said:
sutz":38oxohwz said:

Now off to the Twins.

I want wins! And I want them now!!

NUeVFnL

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":2m9ww6e9 said:

Now off to the Twins.
Nope, just pointing out the obvious I guess.

With Paxton out and Sheffield and Dunn struggling their pitching looks kind of weak.
Still way early though.

That France AB was one of the best non hit AB’s I’ve seen in a long while.

Free Kelenic.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2v16nwgo said:
sutz":2v16nwgo said:

Now off to the Twins.
Nope, just pointing out the obvious I guess.

With Paxton out and Sheffield and Dunn struggling their pitching looks kind of weak.
Still way early though.

That France AB was one of the best non hit AB’s I’ve seen in a long while.

Free Kelenic.

Yeah, I love how France works his plate appearances so far. I'm starting to see what made Jerry and friends fall in love with him way back when.

Dunn hasn't really impressed at all since he's been here. Similar to Sheffield, except Sheffield has had a couple dominant games. I have a feeling the pitching is what will hold this team back overall.

Evan White.....I don't even know. I feel like he's the Mike Zunino of 1st base. He just seems like he has no idea what he's doing at the plate. I don't care how good his defense is, he needs to spend time in Tacoma. Maybe even Arkansas. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like 1st base is a position you can afford to have a little less glove at. He needs a major tune up.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":mpvq7j12 said:
IndyHawk":mpvq7j12 said:
getnasty":mpvq7j12 said:
[vine][/vine]
Sports Hernia":mpvq7j12 said:
Free Kelenic!

Calm down buddy. I don’t feel bad for any professional athlete as they all have it pretty good. I also understand that the players union signs off on these things. Still sucks for Kelenic and for the fans but i wouldn't do anything different if i were the M's front office.

Hernia does bring up a good point though that they could be burning bridges with a stud who's good enough to be on the opening day roster.
Lol @Calm down...The post may seem like I wasn't but actually I was calm.
Being a fan of this franchise requires thick skin lol.
I did watch last nights comeback win and it was fun to see the Sox go from
smug looks as if it was won to wtf just happened? :lol: