The 49ers quarterbacks, next year.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jimmy G goes to Denver. Russ is forced to engage in preseason competition to save face unless he wants to retire. JimmyG‘s signature sandwich takes off.

Lets say Brock takes them to the actual sb. They win. They could make Lance the no 2, no biggie, with Brock getting rookie minimum through 2025.

Marvin49

Reaction score
No clue how this works out.

Pretty sure Jimmy ha splayed his last game in SF. Purdy, even if he doesn't start, has shown them that they have a solid backup and they don't need Jimmy on that contract. Where he goes? No clue. He'll be a Free Agent.

RE Purdy and Lance? I think they have themselves a solid QB room for next year with 2 guys on rookie contracts. Who starts? Dunno and right now don't care. I'll start thinking about that when the seasons over.

Tom Brady? I've never really bought into that one. You have to pay the $$$$, you have two young QBs who sit on the bench another year....dunno.

I think alot of this depends on what happen the rest of this year so I'm just here to watch and enjoy it. I went into this year thinking Trey would be the QB and had already kinda accepted there would be struggles as a first time starter so I never really thought they'd have a chance to win it all. Now on their 3rd QB I'm kinda still on that page, but its fun to watch and see what happens. :)

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No way they bring in Brady when Mr. Irrelevant, or rather his defense, soundly beat him.

However, right Now your first pick is in the fifth round…a powerful incentive to consider a trade.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It will be Purdy vs Lance. Now they know they have at least one QB who can play they are going to have an open competition to see who gets the job. Based on what Purdy has done, I think he will win the job and the Niners are just going to have to take the loss on drafting a high school QB in the top 5.

Marvin49

Reaction score
No way they bring in Brady when Mr. Irrelevant, or rather his defense, soundly beat him.

However, right Now your first pick is in the fifth round…a powerful incentive to consider a trade.

That's actually not true.

They have compensatory 3s (2) and if they lose Ryans they'll get another.

Also don't look down on 5th round picks. :)

Kittle
Greenlaw
Huganga
Lenoir (should have had pick 6 last night)
DJ Reed

All 5th round picks under this regime. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

You know, that’s a bad look for Lance to shine in on Purdy‘s efforts here while JimmyG was Nowhere seen. Lance hasn’t done shit for his team since Week 2, and has had, what, 21 college Starts?

Assume that Purdy gets them to nfccc. super bowl. What would be enough for the 9ers to trade Lance?

Marvin49

Reaction score

You know, that’s a bad look for Lance to shine in on Purdy‘s efforts here while JimmyG was Nowhere seen. Lance hasn’t done shit for his team since Week 2, and has had, what, 21 college Starts?

Assume that Purdy gets them to nfccc. super bowl. What would be enough for the 9ers to trade Lance?

um...what?

Not sure what you are referring to. Lance has traveled with the team every game he's been healthy enough to travel. He didn't go home to heal. He's been jogging for almost a month. What exactly is the "bad look"?

49ers won't trade Trey Lance.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Why is he traveling with every away game, Marv? He can’t contribute.