The day before.....WHO will they pick first?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Ok, just wanted to make one more before the draft. This one is real simple, what player will be their first pick. Not where in the draft, just what PLAYER will be their first pick?

I'm going away from the obvious Fautanu pick (even though that's who I hope they pick, but I think they trade out of 16)

With their first pick, the Hawks choose:

Laiatu Latu​

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wanted to play it safe with Byron Murphy but I'm going to take a chance and say Penix. I think if he's there at 16 they probably take him. If he's gone its Murphy. He's a perfect fit for what Macdonald wants to do. They're a little overloaded on the DLine but they don't have a stand out guy and Murphy could be. Fautanu would be my 3rd pick and second most likely.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I thought about Murphy as well. He moves people back on their asses, exactly what MacDonald says he likes. Latu, imo, would only fall because of that neck concern. And they Hawks have never had a problem taking a chance. He's one hell of a football player. Also, he was with UW before he transferred to UCLA, but the doctors wouldn't clear him to play. UW was very concerned about the neck fusion surgery. He turned out to be just fine at UCLA.
I want them to take Fautanu, I just think they trade down. We shall see.......

Chawker

Reaction score
Both Latu ( the most NFL polished ) and Murphy would be excellent selection for the Seahawks but if its defense you're after, we shouldn't rule out J.Verse. Florida st. Had thee premier defense going unbeaten.

It is "IF" hes still on the board at 16.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool, but make a pick man :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just ONE guy who you predict they are going to take with their first pick :)

CactusJack

Reaction score
If Murphy falls to them, it's Murphy. Too much smoke to say otherwise.

If not, it's Verse.

Verse is the type of guy they love. Zero star recruit coming out of high school. He had to face adversity early on. Plays with an edge & wants to physically dominate the opponent. He's also a high character guy. Great leader. He's exactly their type.

Last edited:

CactusJack

Reaction score
Ok, just wanted to make one more before the draft. This one is real simple, what player will be their first pick. Not where in the draft, just what PLAYER will be their first pick?

I'm going away from the obvious Fautanu pick (even though that's who I hope they pick, but I think they trade out of 16)

With their first pick, the Hawks choose:

Laiatu Latu​

I have some intel that Latu is not even a consideration for them.

Fautanu isn't making it to 16.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I wanted to play it safe with Byron Murphy but I'm going to take a chance and say Penix. I think if he's there at 16 they probably take him. If he's gone its Murphy. He's a perfect fit for what Macdonald wants to do. They're a little overloaded on the DLine but they don't have a stand out guy and Murphy could be. Fautanu would be my 3rd pick and second most likely.
this is my answer!

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I don't know about the first pick but I highly suspect the team targeting Michael Hall Jr. in the 2nd round if they manage to trade down and getting that extra pick.