The future of Carroll and Wilson prediction (poll)

The future of Carroll and Wilson prediction

• Both Carroll and Wilson will be Seahawks next season

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Wilson will still be here, but Carroll is gone

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Carroll will still be here, but Wilson is gone

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • Both Carroll and Wilson are no longer Seahawks

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uo4xzsr said:
....And for those of you who think Pete's gone? I can't think of any scenario where Pete has the humility to quit or retire, nor any scenario where an absentee owner who wants nothing to do with her NFL organization fires Pete with three years left on his contract.

Uncle Paul buys a few bolts of lightening from God for 2 billion each and fires one at Pete's feet and says "Leave Now, next time I will not miss!!.

There! You now have your scenario.

Zeus

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":3gnjec4p said:
Sgt. Largent":3gnjec4p said:
....And for those of you who think Pete's gone? I can't think of any scenario where Pete has the humility to quit or retire, nor any scenario where an absentee owner who wants nothing to do with her NFL organization fires Pete with three years left on his contract.

Uncle Paul buys a few bolts of lightening from God for 2 billion each and fires one at Pete's feet and says "Leave Now, next time I will not miss!!.

There! You now have your scenario.

Zeus

He didn't miss Carroll stopped running his route and he hit Wilson in the hand in stead.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think the Carroll gets fired after this season. The only way I see anything happening is if Wilson decides to force an ultimatum. Pete Carroll has a baked in excuse with Wilson's injury and the perfect fall guy in KNJ if things go awry for him with management.

Carroll either decides to retire or Wilson forces a change. If neither of these things happen then it will be business as usual. I don't see Jody Allen as being too eager to change the status quo.

Seymour

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3auqfhku said:
Honestly, I don't think the Carroll gets fired after this season. The only way I see anything happening is if Wilson decides to force an ultimatum. Pete Carroll has a baked in excuse with Wilson's injury and the perfect fall guy in KNJ if things go awry for him with management.

Carroll either decides to retire or Wilson forces a change. If neither of these things happen then it will be business as usual. I don't see Jody Allen as being too eager to change the status quo.

Carroll's baked in excuse would be pretty pathetic with this historically terrible defense he put together!
He would need 3 packs of gum to spit that excuse out.....

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson has two year I think I seen on his contract, if your going to trade him it's a good time while he still is worth something and before the 325 plus million next contract.

He won't be a one year rental then, they can see if it's the right fit etc and you probably get a better trade.

Thats the upside, we do need to see how Geno can play and if not him better have a fall back plan for a tweener or what they think is the next guy in place.

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2qf5umic said:

but why should jody Allan fire Pete Carroll? The Seahawks are a thriving business! they are making crap loads of money with Pete Carroll... the premise that he is over the hill from a business perspective is Ludacris to say the least...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2m76nmz4 said:
Spin Doctor":2m76nmz4 said:

but why should jody Allan fire Pete Carroll? The Seahawks are a thriving business! they are making crap loads of money with Pete Carroll... the premise that he is over the hill from a business perspective is Ludacris to say the least...

LTH

Fans will turn quickly, Paul kept his ear to the fanbase as well, it matters. Lose 9 or 10 games and there will be a lot of attention, merchandise drops, tickets are not as hot and waiting list disappears, Mariners resurging, Sounders, Kraken now also and not so far in the future I would bet NBA again.

The Huskies are also ticket competition.

You don't let this lie for just business for now, you need to keep it going and losing won't do that no matter how convenient having Pete is for right now.

Vulcan knows this, they were part of it when Paul was alive and are part of it now.

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":14g8al41 said:
LTH":14g8al41 said:
Spin Doctor":14g8al41 said:

LTH

Fans will turn quickly, Paul kept his ear to the fanbase as well, it matters. Lose 9 or 10 games and there will be a lot of attention, merchandise drops, tickets are not as hot and waiting list disappears, Mariners resurging, Sounders, Kraken now also and not so far in the future I would bet NBA again.

You don't let this lie for just business for now, you need to keep it going and losing won't do that no matter how convenient having Pete is for right now.

Vulcan knows this, they were part of it when Paul was alive and are part of it now.

So you think Vulcan is going to tell Jody what to do and she will just follow along with their recommendation?

I don't see that at all. New ownership is needed. Not just hoping Vulcan and/or Jody see the light. Just saying.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":32v1ga19 said:
LTH":32v1ga19 said:
Spin Doctor":32v1ga19 said:

LTH

Season isn't over yet... last year they won the division. So things haven't turned yet.. Carroll still has time to work it out... and even if they have a 3-14 season that means they get a top ten draft which propels them to the top and potentially fixes everything because now you have an influx of top ten talent which is something that is unattainable right now...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":cntva1z5 said:
chris98251":cntva1z5 said:
LTH":cntva1z5 said:
Spin Doctor":cntva1z5 said:

LTH

Season isn't over yet... last year they won the division. So things haven't turned yet.. Carroll still has time to work it out... and even if they have a 3-14 season that means they get a top ten draft which propels them to the top and potentially fixes everything because now you have an influx of top ten talent which is something that is unattainable right now...

LTH

It's broke, the trend has been shown, you use this time to evaluate who you think may be worth keeping in John, Pete, and other positions, the Check engine light is on, Oil light is on, Temperature gauge is up and smoke is coming out the tail pipe, engine is still running but if you keep your foot on the gas at some point your going to have a major failure, we are trending that direction. We control and dominant nothing anymore, you can get by using Magicians tricks for a while but doing it over and over you get figured out which is what is happening to our Wilson version of the offense, on defense we have figured nothing out for ourselves, opponents pretty much feast right now after a quarter or so.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":3siu6vio said:
LTH":3siu6vio said:
chris98251":3siu6vio said:
LTH":3siu6vio said:

LTH

LTH

It's broke, the trend has been shown, you use this time to evaluate who you think may be worth keeping in John, Pete, and other positions, the Check engine light is on, Oil light is on, Temperature gauge is up and smoke is coming out the tail pipe, engine is still running but if you keep your foot on the gas at some point your going to have a major failure, we are trending that direction. We control and dominant nothing anymore, you can get by using Magicians tricks for a while but doing it over and over you get figured out which is what is happening to our Wilson version of the offense, on defense we have figured nothing out for ourselves, opponents pretty much feast right now after a quarter or so.

If they had not made the playoffs last year and they had a 3-14 season this year then I would agree that there needs to be some changes... but they won the division last year, its to early and there is to much football to be played to come to a conclusion this year.. I get that they are not meeting your expectations they are not meeting my expectations nor are they meeting Carroll's expectations... but lets see what happens because I think they are going to turn it around.. they have cap money if needed, they have a history of slow starts, they have a history of coming on in the last part of the season...

LTH

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
LTH":1pru9mwh said:
chris98251":1pru9mwh said:
LTH":1pru9mwh said:
Spin Doctor":1pru9mwh said:

LTH

LTH
Except if we tank this season the Jets get an influx of top 10 talent, not the Seahawks due to poor management. We won the division but did we really? We got beat by an injured Jared Goff at home, and our record was inflated by poor competition in the later half of the year. Our playoff record underneath Pete since our last appearance is 3-5, each year there has been a trend of the defense getting worse since 2016. How much longer does this need to go on?

We didn't even need top 10 picks to fix our team. We've passed on plenty of pro bowler and even very good talent at our draft slots over the years. Our first round picks have been horribly mismanaged by this franchise.