The running back room

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":27ynix0a said:
If they're going with this group we're going to be in trouble. Penny is consistently inconsistent and has been injured more than Carson despite having a significantly lesser workload. Davis did decently for the Hawk's but once again, he's not the type of RB you want to lean on.
Penny did good when he had some chances before injuring knee..He never was the starter
because CJ Carson was...I mean Chris.
I think if we get Penny starting we will be happy with his numbers and he has not been
injured like Carson,quit being a fanboy lol.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
IndyHawk":16aijis0 said:
Spin Doctor":16aijis0 said:
If they're going with this group we're going to be in trouble. Penny is consistently inconsistent and has been injured more than Carson despite having a significantly lesser workload. Davis did decently for the Hawk's but once again, he's not the type of RB you want to lean on.
Penny did good when he had some chances before injuring knee..He never was the starter
I think if we get Penny starting we will be happy with his numbers and he has not been

I like Penny talent-wise, but he's much less durable than Carson if we're going off their careers so far. Carson has only missed 7 games in the past 3 seasons combined. Penny has missed 19 in the past two seasons alone. He's been unavailable far more than Carson has.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1mjy51uf said:
Spin Doctor":1mjy51uf said:
You're the one being a fanboy, I want you to take a good look at the games played stat:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... nnRa00.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... rsCh00.htm

27 vs 41 games. This is, mind you with Penny not getting very many carries. He's been injured each and every year he's been in the NFL. I don't know how you can overlook that. Penny has been even less reliable and available than Chris Carson and that is a cold hard fact.

Secondly, Penny has been highly inconsistent as a ball carrier. He tends to really struggle on inside carries, and defaults to bouncing the ball outside. He's had a few good runs on the inside, but he's also been highly inconsistent inside still. If we're relying on Penny, our running game is in a sorry state.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I still think Collins could pay huge dividends if Pete would stick with him and give more of a chance. Of course i'm just basing my opinion on the eye test. Pete sees him everyday in practice, I dont.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’d take Chubbard. He had nowhere near the season last year in comparison to years past. His draft stock took a hit and may be available when our number is called.

As you mentioned, another 15-20 pounds...I think he’s going to have a successful NFL career.

I still have faith in Penny. There have been some setbacks but, if he gets close to the form he was at before that injury, we’d be in a good place RB wise. Injuries aside, my main concern is with him being the #1 back. He may average more per carry but, he’s not the steady 4 ypc back Carson is.

Many needs on this team. Hoping they don’t try to find the 7th round diamond in the rough when it comes to RB in this draft. If our offense is heading the way we all know it is, RB should be the first pick (assuming Carson bounces).

Fade

Reaction score
The Shanny system produces 1,000 yard capable runners no sweat.

Draft a guy in the mid-rounds, bring in a vet from the same system on the cheap, bring back Collins, hope Penny can give you something with another off-season removed from the ACL tear.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3mq4cxiw said:
I still think Collins could pay huge dividends if Pete would stick with him and give more of a chance. Of course i'm just basing my opinion on the eye test. Pete sees him everyday in practice, I dont.

Me too! Collins looked the best out of all the RB’s late last season. Look at what happened to him, it was bad luck, look at his college career. I see no reason why Collins can’t be a no.1 back in the NFL.

Davis is a stud he’s better now than he was when we had him. I’m not paying Carson 8 million no way.

Scarborough is a stud practice squad player, he’s moments away being able to keep his balance on the field then becoming an issue for defenses.

Homer got hurt in 2020 baffled people dismiss him.

Dallas is learning the offense & had a good rookie year.

Penny, when was the last time an NFL player returned to form the year after suffering an injury like Penny did.

This could be a great RB unit, Seahawks will get to look at Penny before they make any acquisitions or draft any players.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Fade":ibt6tq9g said:
The Shanny system produces 1,000 yard capable runners no sweat.

Draft a guy in the mid-rounds, bring in a vet from the same system on the cheap, bring back Collins, hope Penny can give you something with another off-season removed from the ACL tear.

They could do exactly what you suggest because they already have access to RB’s of different styles. The draft also has RB’s of different types which includes some incredible short RB’s. We the flexibility to draft Kansas RB Pooka Williams too.

chris98251

Reaction score
None of that matters unless you have the right beef up front and right scheme we have road graders not agile men up front for the most part.

You can't just say we are going to use the Rams scheme without the people to run it, the real test is going to be can they adapt the system using most the guys we have and still make a running game dominant.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Penny, regardless of any excuse you want to make, is a big fat BUST for the Seahawks. 3 years and less than 1000 yards rushing total. For the guy we picked instead of Chubb. He’s giving Procise a run for his money as far as value added to the team. If there is no Carson we need to wipe the slate and start over at RB. Of course with PC in charge we will probably roll out the ghost if Marshawn Lynch again.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2olq9hdw said:
Penny, regardless of any excuse you want to make, is a big fat BUST for the Seahawks. 3 years and less than 1000 yards rushing total. For the guy we picked instead of Chubb. He’s giving Procise a run for his money as far as value added to the team. If there is no Carson we need to wipe the slate and start over at RB. Of course with PC in charge we will probably roll out the ghost if Marshawn Lynch again.

Nah Pete will fix the RB issues this year he has to much healthy depth to fail in 2021.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":5g3r0eku said:

You would have said the same thing about DE Lawrence in Dallas after his 3rd year. Penny has a good excuse he was injured! If Penny shows up to off-season workouts not able to perform cut him & save $$$. Sign a FA and draft a RB.

This situation is not a big deal! Your acting as if we need a left tackle.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1llcb92o said:
JayhawkMike":1llcb92o said:

Nah Pete will fix the RB issues this year he has to much healthy depth to fail in 2021.
What healthy depth? Penny is coming off of two knee injuries, Homer and Dallas are nothing but third down backs. Carson and Hyde are likely gone. Where is the "depth" that you're talking about? We have none.

Also Penny has been injured every single year he's been in the league. He isn't a reliable option, if you're relying on Dallas and Homer, you've got some large issues at the RB position.

chris98251

Reaction score
On the Roster, Penny, Dallas, and Homer. Collins and Bo are not under contract after March I am pretty sure, they were emergency and stop gap signings.

Thats a pretty thin backfield.

getnasty

Reaction score
The love for Alex Collins is back, that's not good.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
If the new OC knows anything, Penny won't be used as a battering ram. It is obvious that he is at his best going to the outside. Pay the big bucks to upgrade the Oline. With a better line, average backs will be fine. When Mike Shanahan was coaching Denver, any back they plugged in there was good for 1000 yds. That is the system we need.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1unkiys0 said:
FresnoHawk68":1unkiys0 said:
JayhawkMike":1unkiys0 said:

What healthy depth? Penny is coming off of two knee injuries, Homer and Dallas are nothing but third down backs. Carson and Hyde are likely gone. Where is the "depth" that you're talking about? We have none.

Also Penny has been injured every single year he's been in the league. He isn't a reliable option, if you're relying on Dallas and Homer, you've got some large issues at the RB position.

August 13th 2018 Hand & Finger Fracture
Dec 10th 2018 knee strain missed 2 games
Sept 20 2019 Thigh Hamstring Grade 2 missed a few games
Dec 8th 2019 knee acl tear grade 3

Your misrepresenting the circumstances to build your argument! Every team has RB issues! Both KC & TB added RB’s during the season. 2019 KC & SF had RB issues and we don’t need to talk about Todd Gurley.

Not a thing wrong with Homer & Dallas both looked good when they played!