The running back room

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2z8z062c said:
If the new OC knows anything, Penny won't be used as a battering ram. It is obvious that he is at his best going to the outside. Pay the big bucks to upgrade the Oline. With a better line, average backs will be fine. When Mike Shanahan was coaching Denver, any back they plugged in there was good for 1000 yds. That is the system we need.

Alex Collins almost hit a 1000 yards! Not a lot of RB’s in the NFL could have done what Alex did in the SEC! It was a huge mistake to cut him both Seattle & Alex suffered for it, perfect example of what happens when you quit on a guy to early.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
getnasty":3ick6lli said:
The love for Alex Collins is back, that's not good.

Why? Name one thing he’s done wrong? Dropped a few passes over the summer? Then moves on to kick butt for Baltimore. Gets caught up in terrible circumstances!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
chris98251":18qpjbw5 said:
On the Roster, Penny, Dallas, and Homer. Collins and Bo are not under contract after March I am pretty sure, they were emergency and stop gap signings.

Thats a pretty thin backfield.

I count 3 RB’s under contract with Collins sitting there waiting for a league minimum contract when he looked the best out of all our RB’s last year. 2021 draft is loaded with RB’s.

RB is not an issue for 2021!

QB is though! Lol

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2o5hui7u said:
Spin Doctor":2o5hui7u said:
FresnoHawk68":2o5hui7u said:
JayhawkMike":2o5hui7u said:
Penny, regardless of any excuse you want to make, is a big fat BUST for the Seahawks. 3 years and less than 1000 yards rushing total. For the guy we picked instead of Chubb. He’s giving Procise a run for his money as far as value added to the team. If there is no Carson we need to wipe the slate and start over at RB. Of course with PC in charge we will probably roll out the ghost if Marshawn Lynch again.

Nah Pete will fix the RB issues this year he has to much healthy depth to fail in 2021.
What healthy depth? Penny is coming off of two knee injuries, Homer and Dallas are nothing but third down backs. Carson and Hyde are likely gone. Where is the "depth" that you're talking about? We have none.

Also Penny has been injured every single year he's been in the league. He isn't a reliable option, if you're relying on Dallas and Homer, you've got some large issues at the RB position.

August 13th 2018 Hand & Finger Fracture
Dec 10th 2018 knee strain missed 2 games
Sept 20 2019 Thigh Hamstring Grade 2 missed a few games
Dec 8th 2019 knee acl tear grade 3

Your misrepresenting the circumstances to build your argument! Every team has RB issues! Both KC & TB added RB’s during the season. 2019 KC & SF had RB issues and we don’t need to talk about Todd Gurley.

Not a thing wrong with Homer & Dallas both looked good when they played!
Todd Gurley isn't an elite talent anymore, and he has also suffered from injuries. You also missed Penny's knee injury in 2020, which is why he hasn't played in the playoffs. In some 160 or so carries he's suffered all of those injuries. I don't know how you can sit there and say he's not injury prone. He's objectively more injury prone than Carson.

DeeJay Dallas played good as a receiver out of the backfield and as pass blocker, but as a pass rusher he was very bad. Travis homer is also on the smaller side as well as Dallas. They do specific things such as pass blocking well but leave a lot of be desired as runners.

getnasty

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":1ko1rtiq said:
getnasty":1ko1rtiq said:

Why? Name one thing he’s done wrong? Dropped a few passes over the summer? Then moves on to kick butt for Baltimore. Gets caught up in terrible circumstances!

He's fine as a 4th stringer i guess but much like Pope there's a reason they're unemployed for most of the year.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
getnasty":22ink0t3 said:
FresnoHawk68":22ink0t3 said:
getnasty":22ink0t3 said:

He's fine as a 4th stringer i guess but much like Pope there's a reason they're unemployed for most of the year.

I'm not sure what it is though. Last game he ran, he was averaging over 4.5 yrds a carry, but Pete gave him limited carries. I would love to know what the issue is with Pete and Collins.

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":t0o1ejpz said:
chris98251":t0o1ejpz said:
On the Roster, Penny, Dallas, and Homer. Collins and Bo are not under contract after March I am pretty sure, they were emergency and stop gap signings.

Thats a pretty thin backfield.

I count 3 RB’s under contract with Collins sitting there waiting for a league minimum contract when he looked the best out of all our RB’s last year. 2021 draft is loaded with RB’s.

RB is not an issue for 2021!

QB is though! Lol

So Penny, Dallas, Homer, yep just what I said 3 RB's currently signed. I just thought there was an echo, Collins and whomever else Hyde, Carson, Collins, and a whole bunch of others are sitting and waiting for a call after March.