There are Bronco/Wilson articles daily, but this one....

chrispy

Reaction score

...this one kind of makes me cringe....

toffee

Reaction score
If I didn't know better, I would have thought Pete Carroll was speaking. As us, I had to triple check and reread just to ensure that it was Russell speaking those words.

OP
OP
chrispy

chrispy

Reaction score
It came across to me as holier-than-though...maybe that's just me. He's really embracing the savior persona. When something goes wrong, we'll see if he takes the heat or rolls on his OLine or D . I'm sure, as they say, everything's fine when you're winning, but there are bound to be some hiccups in the AFCW. I'm, frankly, excited to see the drama play out now that it's blue and orange drama.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
this ^
And when they end up with Crock or geNO under center, maybe some will actually appreciate how damn good Russ really was.
It was time to move on, for both sides, but this team is going to suck at the most important position.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
this ^
And when they end up with Crock or geNO under center, maybe some will actually appreciate how damn good Russ really was.
It was time to move on, for both sides, but this team is going to suck at the most important position.
As good as he was, not worth 1/4 of the teams salary cap. Definitely was time to move on, just wish he had taken Pete out with him.

OP
OP
chrispy

chrispy

Reaction score
As good as he was, not worth 1/4 of the teams salary cap. Definitely was time to move on,...
100%
No one would trade RW3 straight-across/all-things-equal for Lock or Geno. The Seahawk QB in 2022 will play poorer than the Seattle QB in 2021. I think 100% of the planet agrees with that. There's no argument regarding the fact that RW3 is good at football.

The only disagreement is that he's worth sacrificing solid rotational players, or even starters, in positions of need because of his salary demands/the QB market. Anyone that disagrees with the choice to trade RW3 has really given up their right to argue that the pass-rush, backfield, OLine (or any particular group/s) is sub-par.

The cap savings in '22 from Lock to Wilson is over $22, 500,000. That's equal to 20 players in top 51 cap hits on the Seahakws. ...20 players.

Or you could use the following comparison: Justin Coleman, Cody Barton, Dee Eskridge, Bryan Mone, Darrell Taylor, Noah Fant, Jordyn Brooks, Al Woods and DK Metcalf. These 9 players equal the cap savings available using Drew Lock instead of Wilson.

However you slice the pie, I find it very difficult to to argue Wilson's skillset is worth an extra 9 starter level players or 20 solid rotational players.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Nobody says a lot of word salads without saying anything like Russ.
Agreed. It's not that I think that Russell is a bad guy or that I don't like him, but he always has and always will speak in cliches, analogies, and generalities, but never in specifics. He'll say whatever it is that he thinks that his audience wants to hear.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. It's not that I think that Russell is a bad guy or that I don't like him, but he always has and always will speak in cliches, analogies, and generalities, but never in specifics. He'll say whatever it is that he thinks that his audience wants to hear.
This is one of the problems I had with Russ..Talking out of his ass
and worrying about what people think or how they see him.
This is all about his fake brand and money..
I wanted to see him improve as a leader and a QB.."Toilet flushes"