There are Bronco/Wilson articles daily, but this one....

RiverDog

Reaction score
This is one of the problems I had with Russ..Talking out of his ass
and worrying about what people think or how they see him.
This is all about his fake brand and money..
I wanted to see him improve as a leader and a QB.."Toilet flushes"
I'm not ready to go as far as you have and characterize Russell's brand as fake and all about money, but there's no doubt that he was obsessed with his image. That's not necessarily a bad thing and I wish more athletes would be conscious of the effect they have on young people, ie being a good role model. But as an old wise man once told me: An overdone strength becomes a weakness. He sounded like a phony, a Pollyanna.

Having virtually lived with the man every fall for a full decade, his personality really began to wear on me as it would with a lot of people that I spend that much time together with. I was not all that saddened about his departure and I'm looking forward to life without him in my living room every Sunday for 4 months a year.

Rosco

Reaction score
100%
No one would trade RW3 straight-across/all-things-equal for Lock or Geno. The Seahawk QB in 2022 will play poorer than the Seattle QB in 2021. I think 100% of the planet agrees with that. There's no argument regarding the fact that RW3 is good at football.

The only disagreement is that he's worth sacrificing solid rotational players, or even starters, in positions of need because of his salary demands/the QB market. Anyone that disagrees with the choice to trade RW3 has really given up their right to argue that the pass-rush, backfield, OLine (or any particular group/s) is sub-par.

The cap savings in '22 from Lock to Wilson is over $22, 500,000. That's equal to 20 players in top 51 cap hits on the Seahakws. ...20 players.

Or you could use the following comparison: Justin Coleman, Cody Barton, Dee Eskridge, Bryan Mone, Darrell Taylor, Noah Fant, Jordyn Brooks, Al Woods and DK Metcalf. These 9 players equal the cap savings available using Drew Lock instead of Wilson.

However you slice the pie, I find it very difficult to to argue Wilson's skillset is worth an extra 9 starter level players or 20 solid rotational players.
RW isn’t a Peyton Manning. If he was, Denver got the deal of a century. You pay QBS like Manning whatever they want because no amount of extra money/players you get from saving the money will have the impact of a elite QB like Manning.
RW is a very good 2nd tier QB. If he were Manning type good Seattle would have coughed every bit of money needed to resign RW.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not ready to go as far as you have and characterize Russell's brand as fake and all about money, but there's no doubt that he was obsessed with his image. That's not necessarily a bad thing and I wish more athletes would be conscious of the effect they have on young people, ie being a good role model. But as an old wise man once told me: An overdone strength becomes a weakness. He sounded like a phony, a Pollyanna.

Having virtually lived with the man every fall for a full decade, his personality really began to wear on me as it would with a lot of people that I spend that much time together with. I was not all that saddened about his departure and I'm looking forward to life without him in my living room every Sunday for 4 months a year.
I agree with you he overdid it..
I wanted him gone years ago TBH but the reason(s) are more than just above.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Yeah at the end of the day he just wasn't valuable enough and good enough to get er done. To say he hasn't regressed physically would be ignorance. And plus he had that weird attitude