Think many of you would have been down on this D too

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
[youtube]SPQBDeqtWo8[/youtube]

We won. It was the introduction of the LOB to the world but it was pretty till the end.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1qo8v43q said:
[youtube]SPQBDeqtWo8[/youtube]

We won. It was the introduction of the LOB to the world but it was pretty till the end.
You are comparing apples to Oranges. Had a shutdown corner, a shutdown FS, and an enforcer at SS plus a pass rush.
The LOB is lightyears ahead of the current defense.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Lmao what the hell is this comparison? 3 of the guys in that secondary are probably going to the HOF. Shaq, king, TT, and blair/mcdougald are comparable? What huge play have one of them made? What game changing moment have they had?

mistaowen

Reaction score
The D held the Pats multiple times after giving up a few TDs and gave the offense 3 chances in the last 6 minutes of the game. There's no one on this defense who can do that.

John63

Reaction score
mistaowen":1g6816l6 said:
The D held the Pats multiple times after giving up a few TDs and gave the offense 3 chances in the last 6 minutes of the game. There's no one on this defense who can do that.

and then went on to give up a 9 point lead wit under 9 minutes to go. That said I agree this Defense is nothing like that one, , even though PC still plays like it is.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
mistaowen":2lfbbmed said:
Thomas was also a blue chip prospect that played at an elite level the year prior. In Carroll’s first year we saw immediate improvement in defense. Sherman had been playing at the same levels as elite cornerbacks since day 1, and Chancellor also was playing at an elite level. On defense we drafted a highly regarded LB prospect in Wagner that was playing good football, and Clemons was a force at pass rusher.

This team by comparison is playing far under that level. Our safeties are a liability with no real prospect at FS that can fulfill Earl’s role. Our linebackers, especially KJ and Kendrick’s are both old and out of position, and tackling poorly. Our DLine only has one blue chip player in Clowney. Reed has looked off this season thus far, but he does have potential as we saw last season.

I would be hopeful but quite frankly I don’t have much faith in Carroll to rebuild the defense. Every year we’ve been getting worse on defense since 2015. We have a few pieces, but I’m not sure we can leverage them into a top unit, at least with Norton.

Latest posts