This is embarrassing

OP
OP
hugecanoli

hugecanoli

Reaction score
I just expect the players and coach to be at least as disappointed as their fans about the season being over.

Is this too much to ask?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
And part of the greater problem….

View attachment 63087

Took a missed kick to beat a 4-12 team and your defense got run over again. You controlled your playoff chances but played subpar in the most meaningful games.

Let’s smoke cigars and celebrate?

WTF??
WHAAAAAAAA!!!! Need a binky?......So, I GOT WHAT I WANTED, Me ONE, Snivelers ZERO
Look folks after a two year reload and y'all thought that we were ready to Go Deep already???????
Jeezuz!!! HELLO???????tap tap.....Anyone there????.......Guess not.

cymatica

Reaction score
WHAAAAAAAA!!!! Need a binky?......So, I GOT WHAT I WANTED, Me ONE, Snivelers ZERO
Look folks after a two year reload and y'all thought that we were ready to Go Deep already???????
Jeezuz!!! HELO???????.....Anyone there????.......Guess not.
They gave up over 200 yards on the ground and barely beat a 4-12 team after a missed field goal. No one expected them to go deep but we were at least hoping the defense would look average as opposed to one of the worst with no signs of improvement.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Apparently they're not celebrating the win, but fellow teammate Julian Love becoming a father. Might be the last time some of them are ever together again??

pmedic920

Reaction score
This team absolutely underachieved, we all know it, we all feel a measure of pain/discouragement.

Fact is…

It was a winning season (above.500)

We’ve been spoiled as fans.
Our expectations are high, probably higher than is realistic if you look at the bigger picture.

We have it better than a lot of football fans, and that’s hard to argue no matter what angle or statistics you use.

In this day and age people get pissed off and offended over the silliest BS, if we’re at the point we’re going to to get pissed off or offended over a bunch of dudes celebrating a winning season, or celebrating the brotherhood they’ve formed then we’ve sunk lower than even my stupid ass imagined.

Insinuating these guys have nothing to celebrate seems weird to me.
They didn’t live up to my expectations but are my expectations really that important or relevant, I kinda think they are not.

YMMV

Edit:
Seems now that we know a bit more, the celebration seems a bit more appropriate.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
364 ÷ 17 = 21.4
402 ÷ 17 = 23.6

That's our problem.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
They underachieved. Went 3-5 over the last 8 games and missed the playoffs when they controlled their own destiny.
Their defense is almost dead last , they allow well over 5 yards per carry , suck at getting off the field on 3rd down
And now they want to smoke victory cigars ?

Yeah , some fans are going to have some issues with that.
Jeezuz Morg, They're BUILDING, They KNOW they haven't yet ARRIVED....It's all about their "Feel Good" in their accomplishments this season, THEY KNOW that they haven't yet ARRIVED, and ARE NOT in the conversation for >THE<>> BIG PUSH.
Unrealistic Expectations Much???

morgulon1

Reaction score
Jeezuz Morg, They're BUILDING, They KNOW they haven't yet ARRIVED....It's all about their "Feel Good" in their accomplishments this season, THEY KNOW that they haven't yet ARRIVED, and ARE NOT in the conversation for >THE<>> BIG PUSH.
Unrealistic Expectations Much???
Building what exactly?

I did have unrealistic expectations for this season. That's on me.

Latest posts