This is not the year people but it will come

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Seahawks will use this year to effectively “remodel” the team by building from the ground up.

Past core pieces are gone AND that happens with EVERY NFL team! Understand that, first and foremost!

I expect Seattle to NOT draft a QB high in this years draft.

The offensive and defensive lines will be rebuilt, and Drew Lock, will take the punishment this year, and maybe partially next year, while Seattle continues to build.

The new franchise QB will be the last piece of the puzzle. IMO.

This 2022 year is very much a prove you belong on the team, and maybe there is a place for you, at the start of the 2023 season (assuming Carroll is still the HC).

It’s not going to be pretty, and Seattle will lose, but the building blocks for the future needs to be set before winning consistently can take place again.

It’s a new era.

You’re going to take your bumps and bruises along the way but it’s very necessary at this point.

You don’t have to have high hopes or like what they are doing this year, but at some point, all teams have to break it up, and rebuild and remodel.

You should think of it as, “What could be,” if it is built properly from the ground up again (assuming Carroll is still HC for the next 3 years or so).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think the more appropriate term is pause.

This team has to go through what the Bills went through when they lost Levy.

The problem is that the entire org is likely infected with sycophants or worse, not even counting the relatives and friends.

Carroll has been running this like a sinecure for at least the past year if not the past 2.

And frankly, it will probably be worse than what the Bills had with Levy because they didn't have to root out all the rot we likely will. It is very clear that people in the org are judged based on their loyalty and willingness to blindly follow Carroll's directives. If guys like Norton and whatshisname rise to the top in this environment - then what is floating in the middle?

Great performers and rising stars leave orgs like that, because they align to objectives other than actual success.

So all of this seems like more of a show to keep Carroll in his chair. Don't believe me?

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/pete-carro ... deliberate

Nobody likes to get told they are screwed. Not even sure people like it when they know it is correct or know it themselves. But we likely aren't going to lose enough to do a proper rebuild and we likely aren't going to come close to winning. Until we actually get serious about rebuilding, it doesn't look like the outlook is rosy or even palatable.

The good news is that Carroll did create the blueprint to fix this, and it has been shown to work. The bad news is that I highly doubt he will follow it.

And I highly doubt that the future of a franchise piloted by an aging HC/GM with declining cognitive ability is realistically projected to be better than other franchises that do not have this impediment.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
The city of Seattle was ready to crucify Pete. Throw in the the fact that Russell (and Bobby) is now gone, I don't think Pete is afforded the luxury of having another down year. He's gotta put something together this year or Jody will have no choice but to let him go. Right? Eh, who am I kidding. It's Pete we're talking about. He'll be here 10 more years regardless of results. Disregard.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I always want my team to win, but I know personally not to have any high expectations for our team this season. Just as we watched the magic happen with Russ and the Legion of Boom, I can hope and/or dream that success can repeat itself. During the process I will enjoy Seahawks football, win...or lose....I support my team.

James in PA

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2quye2or said:
The city of Seattle was ready to crucify Pete. Throw in the the fact that Russell (and Bobby) is now gone, I don't think Pete is afforded the luxury of having another down year. He's gotta put something together this year or Jody will have no choice but to let him go. Right? Eh, who am I kidding. It's Pete we're talking about. He'll be here 10 more years regardless of results. Disregard.
No, Im with you until your last few sentences. I know most fans are not optimistic, but I don't think Pete is viewing it as a throwaway year. I know people are perplexed that Jody let him hang around with seemingly the same amount of control. But there is just no way he survives another losing season. No way. He's gonna have to pull a miracle out of his ass or he's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We should also probably acknowledge that despite the book title, you don't get to win forever.

The NFL is built to let bad teams become better and good teams slowly fade.

We won for 10+ years because we had a top tier QB.

Once we get another (if we get another) we will win again. Until then, we have to be realistic about what success looks like.

Fade

Reaction score
2022: They just traded Wilson! You have to give them some time!

2023: They just drafted a QB! You have to give 'em some time!!

2024: It's his 1st year fully starting! You have to give it some time!!!

2025: He got injured!! Wait 'til next year!!!

2026: This is the year! Put up or shut up!!

2027: Regime change finally, whoo!

"Yeah, we're going to need about 5 years to build this thing up again. The previous regime left the cupboards bare."

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a good draft then will see. Nice to see the optimism though. Unless you are selling out and joining team Creamsicle than we have to hope Pete and John have a plan.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
except that the Seahawks aren't "remodeling the team". We're doing the same thing we do every year thus far from a player acquisition standpoint thus far, only we don't have a QB now. We're trading for/ singing older vets such as Harris, and Diggs, going for tier 2/3 pass rushers and overpaying.

Honestly, I don't understand Pete right now. We're building this roster like we're trying to keep the status quo going, only we don't have anyone at the QB position. I have no idea what these guys are doing, it's a clown show.

Pete should have been canned this year, now we get to go running in the 90s.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pete is going to build this team with an average roster and aging vets to look like it would compete with a QB.

Then he is going to use the fact that we have no QB as the excuse for why he isn't winning.

He is going to use the example of all the games we lost that were close as 'evidence' we just need a QB.

This is all freaking window dressing to let him keep his job as long as he can, while producing subpar results, because we don't have a QB and likely won't have a QB for some time.

It isn't a mystery what he is doing at all Spin. He is building a team, not to win, but to make excuses with later.

Also...in this vain attempt to create a facade of a deep roster, we are going to neglect to stockpile raw athletic talent that might turn into star players (our blueprint for building success). This means we end up mortgaging the future for this dog and pony show because we fill our roster with guys that won't even be here in the 3-5 years we want to be a good team again in.

Fade

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":w4pj2qdd said:
Pete is going to build this team with an average roster and aging vets to look like it would compete with a QB.

Then he is going to use the fact that we have no QB as the excuse for why he isn't winning.

He is going to use the example of all the games we lost that were close as 'evidence' we just need a QB.

This is all freaking window dressing to let him keep his job as long as he can, while producing subpar results, because we don't have a QB and likely won't have a QB for some time.

It isn't a mystery what he is doing at all Spin. He is building a team, not to win, but to make excuses with later.

Also...in this vain attempt to create a facade of a deep roster, we are going to neglect to stockpile raw athletic talent that might turn into star players (our blueprint for building success). This means we end up mortgaging the future for this dog and pony show because we fill our roster with guys that won't even be here in the 3-5 years we want to be a good team again in.

Bad news for Pete is the NFC West now is not the NFC West of the late 00's, early 10's. He is going to get washed I think.

Jody may be aloof enough to just keep rolling with Pete, though. Despite the outcry and results.

Fade

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2xjk4a5z said:
except that the Seahawks aren't "remodeling the team". We're doing the same thing we do every year thus far from a player acquisition standpoint thus far, only we don't have a QB now. We're trading for/ singing older vets such as Harris, and Diggs, going for tier 2/3 pass rushers and overpaying.

Honestly, I don't understand Pete right now. We're building this roster like we're trying to keep the status quo going, only we don't have anyone at the QB position. I have no idea what these guys are doing, it's a clown show.

Pete should have been canned this year, now we get to go running in the 90s.

I understand Pete, fully. He knows 1-way of doing things. He's going to keep on doing it, until someone takes the keys away from him.

Pete should've been canned after he was out coached by Jason Garrett.

W

Welshers

This is some q anon tier conspiracy shit. Not everything is part of a master plan

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My take is Pete and John convinced Jody that keeping Russell for 2022 (and beyond) made no sense because he no longer wanted to be here under Carroll, and the belief that he would definitely not re-sign with Seattle for another tour of duty.

The 2nd thing that they conceded to Jody is the team is old(er) and that a fresh infusion of youthful talent is necessary to move the franchise forward, and that Pete and John had done it before and would be successful doing it again. She must have agreed.

Think back to 2011 and 2012. Some of the cornerstones of the SB winning team were added in 2011 and 2012, which included Russ in 2012. That group of players grew up together in the NFL as a consolidated team. Russ wasn't an elite QB with the salary and ego that he has now. Everybody on that team was on equal footing. Stars were being made across the roster. The ultimate problem is Pete started showing favoritism to Russ, which started some of the divide that the team had to face. Dissention in the troops followed. Injuries happened and careers were cut short.

It's time to re-build the youthful, talented core of this team again.

Pete and John simply wanted to face that challenge again, and that is why this team is where it's at right now.

As in 2011 and 2012, I believe in P&J to re-build this team back into being a contender for future Lombardis.

I believe that they have earned that chance.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That is a very optimistic outlook.

It feels that Carroll had 5 years to demonstrate he could build a contender, but instead he built a team that got worse over time.

Let's hope you are right because our time in the chair as one of the better teams in the league looks to be over and our time as one of the bottom tier teams looks to just be starting.

I am not sure a coach who was often more a liability on gameday than a benefit is not going to make that worse, but we have what we have and so we pretty much are stuck with hope right now.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
My take is Pete and John convinced Jody that keeping Russell for 2022 (and beyond) made no sense because he no longer wanted to be here under Carroll, and the belief that he would definitely not re-sign with Seattle for another tour of duty.

The 2nd thing that they conceded to Jody is the team is old(er) and that a fresh infusion of youthful talent is necessary to move the franchise forward, and that Pete and John had done it before and would be successful doing it again. She must have agreed.

Think back to 2011 and 2012. Some of the cornerstones of the SB winning team were added in 2011 and 2012, which included Russ in 2012. That group of players grew up together in the NFL as a consolidated team. Russ wasn't an elite QB with the salary and ego that he has now. Everybody on that team was on equal footing. Stars were being made across the roster. The ultimate problem is Pete started showing favoritism to Russ, which started some of the divide that the team had to face. Dissention in the troops followed. Injuries happened and careers were cut short.

It's time to re-build the youthful, talented core of this team again.

Pete and John simply wanted to face that challenge again, and that is why this team is where it's at right now.

As in 2011 and 2012, I believe in P&J to re-build this team back into being a contender for future Lombardis.

I believe that they have earned that chance.
^AGREED^, Although, I see the term "Favoritism" being somewhat misused here, I saw it more as a 'Pete taking the leash off of Wilson' and TRUSTING that he would become more adept at reading Defenses, problem was, Russ was still hanging onto the ball for too long, trying to "Cook", play sandlot football and taking a beating for it.
Pete tried to find him another Marshawn Lynch type RB to help take some of the pressures off of Russ and to add another facet.
Neither Schotts nor Waldren's style of Offensive play-calling were to Wilson's liking...It was time for a parting of ways, let Wilson find an Offensive coordinator who'd let him come up with his own recipes to cook with, & for Pete to try'n find another Quarterback who sees the value of having a RB to share the responsibilities of helping to keep the chains moving.
Ya got to know when to take a draw, or to fold your hand, eh?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The favoritism I was referring to started in the 2014/2025 time frame, well before the "let Russ cook" mantra began. Part of the lockerroom believed that Russ was Pete's favorite and the divide started.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The favoritism I was referring to started in the 2014/2025 time frame, well before the "let Russ cook" mantra began. Part of the lockerroom believed that Russ was Pete's favorite and the divide started.
You're a Head Coach, if you have a Franchise Quarterback, and you aren't nurturing/interfacing with your Offensive Field General as Pete TRIED DOING >>(Bevell, Schottenheimer, Waldren), your not doing your due diligence in getting the most production out of your Offense...He's the piece that you build around, UNTIL he no longer requires your help, or he rejects your attempts at giving him his best chances at succeeding in your believed system...Russell Wilson & Pete Carroll had different philosophies & ideas on how to best get that done...OTHER players that don't understand that >MUST HAVE RELATIONSHIP< are not understanding, nor dialed in to the bigger picture.....$ir Tom Brady.....Aaron Rodger$.....Peyton $ Manning.....Patric Mahome$, and on & on & on.
"For better or worse" whole teams get built around Franchise Quarterbacks, until they QUIT on believing in your orchestrations.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Problem was Russ has this burning desire to be the most prolific stats-wise QB in the history of the league... and Pete's run-first offense is directly in conflict with Russ' concept of what he calls "his legacy".

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Problem was Russ has this burning desire to be the most prolific stats-wise QB in the history of the league... and Pete's run-first offense is directly in conflict with Russ' concept of what he calls "his legacy".
It’s all about “me” and always has been with Russ.

Should of just handed the ball to Lynch…