This Team Isnt Going Anywhere

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3tk84gxk said:
I supposed all these other teams in the league with a loss should fold up tent too. After 2 weeks.

Absolutely, any team that didn't win the SB with a top 10 QB last year and has one or two losses this year should fire their head coach immediately.

Bills, Chiefs, Steelers, Packers, Ravens...................ALL FIRED!!

Kind of a weird take huh, considering our top 10 QB was one of the direct causes of Sunday's loss with his poor play in the 4th quarter and overtime. Maybe THE most direct cause.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, team loss. He didn't play up to snuff at the end. He gets that done WAY more than he doesn't.
Play calling was pathetic on both sides of the ball. 100 yards in penalties. 500 plus yards given up by the defense. If it wasn't for back yard football getting them some long TD's, they get blown out. Can he play better? Yes.
But the play calling itself is WAY more to blame.
But I get it, he's the QB, and QB often gets most of the blame. So be it. If I was a Vikings fan, I would be very nervous right now. We've all seen what an angry Hawks team can do, and an angry Russ.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":u9pqyjmr said:
Nah, team loss. He didn't play up to snuff at the end. He gets that done WAY more than he doesn't.
Play calling was pathetic on both sides of the ball. 100 yards in penalties. 500 plus yards given up by the defense. If it wasn't for back yard football getting them some long TD's, they get blown out. Can he play better? Yes.
But I get it, he's the QB, and QB often gets most of the blame. So be it. If I was a Vikings fan, I would be very nervous right now. We've all seen what an angry Hawks team can do, and an angry Russ.

Of course it's a team loss, but in the context of the "fire Pete" parrots on this thread, this loss wasn't on Pete. It was on Waldron, Russell and some awful discipline issues on defense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete has the power to make sure changes are made in game. He is very much to blame for this loss. He doesn't get a pass. He can override anything. All those adjustments you saw by the Titans? Guaranteed Vrabel made that happen. Why should Pete get a pass? And no, I'm not saying Fire Pete. But........I would welcome a change after this season.
Years and years of seeing him and his coaching staff get schooled. At some point, when is it just time for a change????
I'm sick of it. When this team loses, it is SO often because of crap coaching, no adjustments and brutal play calling.

If you lose a game that is a great battle by two teams, well coached and prepared etc. That is a LOT easier to accept than what we saw on Sunday. Only 2 games in, just getting started. But, again, WHY don't they make the needed adjustments in game??? Why did they abandon the run? Why no short passes?
Why did they look so prepared and on point at Indy? Only to regress back to old bad habits. I get that Tenn. is a damn good team. There is no denying Pete's success as a coach. But there is also the fact that in MOST of their losses, it's because of getting outcoached and blatant refusal to adjust. Just my opinion.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2da1qwa8 said:
HawkNuts":2da1qwa8 said:
pittpnthrs":2da1qwa8 said:
Honestly, how long are some fans going to be fooled? The 'Its Only One Loss' crowd are delusional. I'm not even upset about the loss today, but the game just highlighted the warts this organization has had for years now. A horrid defense with a terrible coordinator who wont be fired until it's 3 years to late, an offense that lays an egg at the most inopportune times, players that produce during game days not getting enough touches if any at all (Collins, Dissly), and a head coach thats the cause and wont fix any of it. Its a prototypical Pete Carroll Seahawk team. Same thing year in and year out.

If this team even makes the playoffs, you can count on another first or second round loss. And people wonder why some of us are crying out for change.

“Cry out”, yes that is what you excel at.

Should Andy Reid be fired in KC? They lost to a fairly banged up Baltimore team and they have the best QB in the league.

It’s the NFL, the separation between teams at the top and bottom is fairly slim.

You mean the Andy Reid that has been to two consecutive Super Bowls and was a fumble away from winning another game despite horrible defensive play in the 2nd half? Nah, he should be OK. Unlike Carroll, he rarely gets outcoached.
Yes, THAT Andy Reid, who like Pete Carroll who ALSO went to "Two Consecutive Super Bowls", and was ALSO one play away from winning AGAINST BRADY, whom the LOB Defense ALSO allowed back in the game to overcome a 2 score deficit, sound familiar? :lol:

Beren

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":p88xgasv said:
I love how some people ASSUME that people are content because they don't freak out. You have NO idea how people feel and/or are reacting away from this site. Been plenty p***** since this loss. I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out of my seat, as I was losing it. Often.
But if someone doesn't go full sky is falling on here, that somehow means they are content. Wrong
The Hawks were massively outplayed and outcoached, period. On to Sunday.
Fan how you want, enjoy your doom and gloom.
If they lose, you'll be content to tell everyone how "right" you are. If they win, you'll do everything you can to downplay the Hawks win. All while telling people how stupid they are for actually believing in the team. Or, god forbid, actually enjoying a win.

Who is freaked out? I am dispassionately resigned to the fate of this team, because I saw it last year, and the year before, and the year before etc.

The irrational perspective is to believe that Pete Carroll is capable of change at this point, given the overwhelming evidence of history as he cycles through OC after OC.

In my view, coaching and QB are the two most important ingredients which contribute to things you can feasibly control within a SB season. They can mask a lot of talent deficiencies. There are lots of things you can't legislate for like luck and zeeb howlers, of course.

Do you think Pete Carroll will suddenly learn how to use timeouts at age 70? (History contains the answer)

Do you think he will understand game clock management? (History contains the answer)

Do you think, in high pressure games, he will learn to be offensively aggressive while he has a lead - or will he fear turnovers and lean on our D to make stops? (History contains the answer)

Do you think that his chosen gameplan and concomitant philosophy has the best chance of sustained success in an elimination format in the post-season, with the talent (or lack thereof) in that secondary? (History contains the answer)

He's fixated on a recipe that is unsuited for sustainable success against top level opposition. It's so bloody improbable you could consecutively hope to beat a string of Superbowl contenders that way in 2021. The team is built to falter, lean on weaknesses and obfuscate strengths.

You may characterise me as "gloomy" or bandy about catchphrases like "sky is falling" if you like. I just hold a different opinion to you. And I'm actually not melancholy, just a bit bored of this film.

What's more, I recognise our 2021 season will likely be the envy of at least 1/3 of the league (e.g. Jets, Jags etc). I know things could be objectively worse, but in a way I'd rather they were - because it's a quicker path to improving our chances of reaching the ultimate goal, rather than running out the same losing formula and hoping for a different outcome.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":p3kq3lh4 said:
pittpnthrs":p3kq3lh4 said:
HawkNuts":p3kq3lh4 said:
pittpnthrs":p3kq3lh4 said:
Honestly, how long are some fans going to be fooled? The 'Its Only One Loss' crowd are delusional. I'm not even upset about the loss today, but the game just highlighted the warts this organization has had for years now. A horrid defense with a terrible coordinator who wont be fired until it's 3 years to late, an offense that lays an egg at the most inopportune times, players that produce during game days not getting enough touches if any at all (Collins, Dissly), and a head coach thats the cause and wont fix any of it. Its a prototypical Pete Carroll Seahawk team. Same thing year in and year out.

If this team even makes the playoffs, you can count on another first or second round loss. And people wonder why some of us are crying out for change.

“Cry out”, yes that is what you excel at.

Should Andy Reid be fired in KC? They lost to a fairly banged up Baltimore team and they have the best QB in the league.

It’s the NFL, the separation between teams at the top and bottom is fairly slim.

You mean the Andy Reid that has been to two consecutive Super Bowls and was a fumble away from winning another game despite horrible defensive play in the 2nd half? Nah, he should be OK. Unlike Carroll, he rarely gets outcoached.
Yes, THAT Andy Reid, who like Pete Carroll who ALSO went to "Two Consecutive Super Bowls", and was ALSO one play away from winning AGAINST BRADY, whom the LOB Defense ALSO allowed back in the game to overcome a 2 score deficit, sound familiar? :lol:

Or the Andy Reid who up until he won a SB Chief fans wanted fired because he could "never win the big one."

He gets a generational QB with the most insane amount of talent around him, and all of a sudden Reid's a genius.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2cdhrhlu said:
SoulfishHawk":2cdhrhlu said:

Of course it's a team loss, but in the context of the "fire Pete" parrots on this thread, this loss wasn't on Pete. It was on Waldron, Russell and some awful discipline issues on defense.

Very well put ^ , I believe that Pete's plan was to have Waldron not get too cute, have KNJ just keep the plays in front, be conservative, and maintain the lead, and the 'Flaming Thumbtacks' were counting on Pete & Co. doing just that, while having D.H. pound the rock, KNOWING that our Defense would wear down... and they did.
Pete has to not take his foot off the gas...What was it they use to say?, "You Don't Win It In The First Quarter, Or The Second, Nor The Third", well apparently when you play 'Prevent' for the entire second half, you've pared down your chances of winning BY A LOT....I sure as hell hope Pete learned something from this ass whoopin'. :pukeface:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Beren":jg5s1a9p said:
SoulfishHawk":jg5s1a9p said:
I love how some people ASSUME that people are content because they don't freak out. You have NO idea how people feel and/or are reacting away from this site. Been plenty p***** since this loss. I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out of my seat, as I was losing it. Often.
But if someone doesn't go full sky is falling on here, that somehow means they are content. Wrong
The Hawks were massively outplayed and outcoached, period. On to Sunday.
Fan how you want, enjoy your doom and gloom.
If they lose, you'll be content to tell everyone how "right" you are. If they win, you'll do everything you can to downplay the Hawks win. All while telling people how stupid they are for actually believing in the team. Or, god forbid, actually enjoying a win.

Who is freaked out? I am dispassionately resigned to the fate of this team, because I saw it last year, and the year before, and the year before etc.

The irrational perspective is to believe that Pete Carroll is capable of change at this point, given the overwhelming evidence of history as he cycles through OC after OC.

In my view, coaching and QB are the two most important ingredients which contribute to things you can feasibly control within a SB season. They can mask a lot of talent deficiencies. There are lots of things you can't legislate for like luck and zeeb howlers, of course.

Do you think Pete Carroll will suddenly learn how to use timeouts at age 70? (History contains the answer)

Do you think he will understand game clock management? (History contains the answer)

Do you think, in high pressure games, he will learn to be offensively aggressive while he has a lead - or will he fear turnovers and lean on our D to make stops? (History contains the answer)

Do you think that his chosen gameplan and concomitant philosophy has the best chance of sustained success in an elimination format in the post-season, with the talent (or lack thereof) in that secondary? (History contains the answer)

He's fixated on a recipe that is unsuited for sustainable success against top level opposition. It's so bloody improbable you could consecutively hope to beat a string of Superbowl contenders that way in 2021. The team is built to falter, lean on weaknesses and obfuscate strengths.

You may characterise me as "gloomy" or bandy about catchphrases like "sky is falling" if you like. I just hold a different opinion to you. And I'm actually not melancholy, just a bit bored of this film.

What's more, I recognise our 2021 season will likely be the envy of at least 1/3 of the league (e.g. Jets, Jags etc). I know things could be objectively worse, but in a way I'd rather they were - because it's a quicker path to improving our chances of reaching the ultimate goal, rather than running out the same losing formula and hoping for a different outcome.
Pete has orchestrated TWO consecutive runs to Super Bowls, winning one and nearly winning the second "History Contains The" > Proof <

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":188dmd8t said:
Sgt. Largent":188dmd8t said:
SoulfishHawk":188dmd8t said:

Very well put ^ , I believe that Pete's plan was to have Waldron not get too cute, have KNJ just keep the plays in front, be conservative, and maintain the lead, and the 'Flaming Thumbtacks' were counting on Pete & Co. doing just that, while having D.H. pound the rock, KNOWING that our Defense would wear down... and they did.
Pete has to not take his foot off the gas...What was it they use to say?, "You Don't Win It In The First Quarter, Or The Second, Nor The Third", well apparently when you play 'Prevent' for the entire second half, you've pared down your chances of winning BY A LOT....I sure as hell hope Pete learned something from this ass whoopin'. :pukeface:

Hard to know.

Pete may have also regressed into his old prevent zone defense, keep everything in front of you and hang on.

But we saw a lot of blitzing and poor gap/fit misses in the 2nd half, which is why Henry got loose for over 100 yards.

Either way, lots of blame to go around. I'm just tired of the Pete bashing and Russell is infallible. He had arguably his worst 4th quarter and overtime of his entire career Sunday. Awful.

So I'm not down for the Pete bashing this week. Some horrific play out of our stars. Russell, Adams, Dunlap had ZERO stats Sunday, Bobby in coverage, Diggs, Carson was non existent, DK needs to calm the hell down, etc.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1qlht5s6 said:
You feel bad for people who don't expect the worst outcome at all times? Um........ok.

The worst outcome would be 0-17. The inevitable outcome is maybe a Wild Card spot and a quick bounce from the playoffs. A bunch of fans will be fooled into thinking they are contenders and they clearly arent.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ckc8pcu said:
They got their a**es handed to them. It happens. Plenty to be very frustrated about, and worth discussion.
Acting like they are done and/or assuming the season is over is laughable.

Oh Soul. You sound like one of those fans that I feel bad for that still holds out hope.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't need you feeling bad for me. I enjoy the rollercoaster and believe in my team. Couldn't care less what you think. Do you, everything sucks, the team sucks, blah blah blah.
Think for a second how stupid that sounds. You feel bad for someone who has hope. Now THAT is funny.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1h1gwd90 said:
SoulfishHawk":1h1gwd90 said:

No blame to Pete. Got it.

*sigh*

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
On this we agree, Pete is absolutely a huge part of why they lost. Period. He's the damn head coach. Geezus

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29pmsuj8 said:
I don't need you feeling bad for me. I enjoy the rollercoaster and believe in my team. Couldn't care less what you think. Do you, everything sucks, the team sucks, blah blah blah.
Think for a second how stupid that sounds. You feel bad for someone who has hope. Now THAT is funny.

How many times does a thing need to happen over and over again for it to become apparent to you or are you always in the 'things might be different this time' mentality?

Its only funny when the hope a person is looking for is nonexistent.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Why does it bother you what someone else thinks? Does it impact your life?
You think Misery and expecting the worst is actually a good thing. That's pretty sad.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2o5ixo5g said:
Sgt. Largent":2o5ixo5g said:
SoulfishHawk":2o5ixo5g said:

*sigh*

No, not really.

Off the top of my head the only thing I blame Pete for Sunday is not using his time outs to stop the clock when Tennessee was marching down the field to tie the game. Use those two time outs and Russell has anywhere from 1:45 to 1:20 to get us into field goal range before the end of regulation.

Other than that, I blame Russell, I blame Waldron, I blame the defense for playing horribly undisciplined football in the 2nd half.

But since you're a Pete hater, I can see how you like to tie in every single loss and negative issue as Pete's fault. It fits your never ending exhausting narrative perfectly.

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ed48mof said:
pittpnthrs":3ed48mof said:
Sgt. Largent":3ed48mof said:
SoulfishHawk":3ed48mof said:

*sigh*

No, not really.

Off the top of my head the only thing I blame Pete for Sunday is not using his time outs to stop the clock when Tennessee was marching down the field to tie the game. Use those two time outs and Russell has anywhere from 1:45 to 1:20 to get us into field goal range before the end of regulation.

Other than that, I blame Russell, I blame Waldron, I blame the defense for playing horribly undisciplined football in the 2nd half.

But since you're a Pete hater, I can see how you like to tie in every single loss and negative issue as Pete's fault. It fits your never ending exhausting narrative perfectly.

Sarge, he is the head coach. The Boss. Its his job to adjust and fix issues when and if his coordinators or players are screwing things up (in which he didnt). Your acting as if he has no input whatsoever. He needs to be held accountable just like everybody else because he did a poor job too.