This Team Isnt Going Anywhere

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3ibd3v7h said:
Why does it bother you what someone else thinks? Does it impact your life?
You think Misery and expecting the worst is actually a good thing. That's pretty sad.

Why does it bother you what I think? I dont think misery and expecting the worse is a good thing, but after 7 years of the same thing and watching last weeks game, why would anybody think differently about this team.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck. Hoping its going to become a swan isnt going to change things.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":cqpz9rxz said:
Sgt. Largent":cqpz9rxz said:
pittpnthrs":cqpz9rxz said:
Sgt. Largent":cqpz9rxz said:
Of course it's a team loss, but in the context of the "fire Pete" parrots on this thread, this loss wasn't on Pete. It was on Waldron, Russell and some awful discipline issues on defense.

No blame to Pete. Got it.

*sigh*

No, not really.

Off the top of my head the only thing I blame Pete for Sunday is not using his time outs to stop the clock when Tennessee was marching down the field to tie the game. Use those two time outs and Russell has anywhere from 1:45 to 1:20 to get us into field goal range before the end of regulation.

Other than that, I blame Russell, I blame Waldron, I blame the defense for playing horribly undisciplined football in the 2nd half.

But since you're a Pete hater, I can see how you like to tie in every single loss and negative issue as Pete's fault. It fits your never ending exhausting narrative perfectly.

Sarge, he is the head coach. The Boss. Its his job to adjust and fix issues when and if his coordinators or players are screwing things up (in which he didnt). Your acting as if he has no input whatsoever. He needs to be held accountable just like everybody else because he did a poor job too.

No I'm acting like I always act, placing blame at everyone's feet when we lose.......and giving everyone credit when we win.

You're the one that just blames Pete because you have a "fire Pete" narrative to stick to, which renders your opinions moot most of the time because you're not being objective to these conversations.

We can always parse percentages of blame or credit, but when you're 100% Pete, 0% Russell or anyone else?

Sorry dude, can't take you seriously.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2rwl7654 said:
I look forward to the next 28 of these threads next week.

For people who love to bemoan the predictability of this years team, y'all sure put out some predictable content.

Why watch if the outcome is determined? Seriously. Why?
Why are you here then ? Scroll past them and enjoy your day sheesh

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1giy9a10 said:
Beren":1giy9a10 said:
SoulfishHawk":1giy9a10 said:
I love how some people ASSUME that people are content because they don't freak out. You have NO idea how people feel and/or are reacting away from this site. Been plenty p***** since this loss. I'm surprised I didn't get kicked out of my seat, as I was losing it. Often.
But if someone doesn't go full sky is falling on here, that somehow means they are content. Wrong
The Hawks were massively outplayed and outcoached, period. On to Sunday.
Fan how you want, enjoy your doom and gloom.
If they lose, you'll be content to tell everyone how "right" you are. If they win, you'll do everything you can to downplay the Hawks win. All while telling people how stupid they are for actually believing in the team. Or, god forbid, actually enjoying a win.

Who is freaked out? I am dispassionately resigned to the fate of this team, because I saw it last year, and the year before, and the year before etc.

The irrational perspective is to believe that Pete Carroll is capable of change at this point, given the overwhelming evidence of history as he cycles through OC after OC.

In my view, coaching and QB are the two most important ingredients which contribute to things you can feasibly control within a SB season. They can mask a lot of talent deficiencies. There are lots of things you can't legislate for like luck and zeeb howlers, of course.

Do you think Pete Carroll will suddenly learn how to use timeouts at age 70? (History contains the answer)

Do you think he will understand game clock management? (History contains the answer)

Do you think, in high pressure games, he will learn to be offensively aggressive while he has a lead - or will he fear turnovers and lean on our D to make stops? (History contains the answer)

Do you think that his chosen gameplan and concomitant philosophy has the best chance of sustained success in an elimination format in the post-season, with the talent (or lack thereof) in that secondary? (History contains the answer)

He's fixated on a recipe that is unsuited for sustainable success against top level opposition. It's so bloody improbable you could consecutively hope to beat a string of Superbowl contenders that way in 2021. The team is built to falter, lean on weaknesses and obfuscate strengths.

You may characterise me as "gloomy" or bandy about catchphrases like "sky is falling" if you like. I just hold a different opinion to you. And I'm actually not melancholy, just a bit bored of this film.

What's more, I recognise our 2021 season will likely be the envy of at least 1/3 of the league (e.g. Jets, Jags etc). I know things could be objectively worse, but in a way I'd rather they were - because it's a quicker path to improving our chances of reaching the ultimate goal, rather than running out the same losing formula and hoping for a different outcome.
Pete has orchestrated TWO consecutive runs to Super Bowls, winning one and nearly winning the second "History Contains The" > Proof <

3 playoff wins in the last SIX years. And I don’t think he will add any this year.

How long does he get to coast off of 7-8 years ago?

“Hey Coach, you won a Super Bowl. You now have a lifetime contract even if you have no chance of ever getting back. “

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2yx5a6an said:
Maelstrom787":2yx5a6an said:
I look forward to the next 28 of these threads next week.

For people who love to bemoan the predictability of this years team, y'all sure put out some predictable content.

Why watch if the outcome is determined? Seriously. Why?
Why are you here then ? Scroll past them and enjoy your day sheesh

The same line of bullshit logic can be applied to your pointless reply. If you'd like to engage in this pointless circle, feel free. I'm just making the point that nothing new is being said here.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
This is why Fade opted out halfway through the 2019 season...it's the same old arguments. Because it's the same old Petey Ballz.

Hey, our team wins most of the time! Yay!

Don't expect 2013 to happen again. Not on Pete's watch.

But if you like to watch the same thing over and over, Pete is your man. Lookit him with the gum chomping and fancy grampy shoes trompin up and down the sidelines! Etc. Forever. It is what it is.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE UNTIL PETE LEAVES.

So, live with it? I guess! Oh, well...

OP
OP
pittpnthrs

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3s9qfh84 said:
pittpnthrs":3s9qfh84 said:
Sgt. Largent":3s9qfh84 said:
pittpnthrs":3s9qfh84 said:
No blame to Pete. Got it.

*sigh*

No, not really.

Off the top of my head the only thing I blame Pete for Sunday is not using his time outs to stop the clock when Tennessee was marching down the field to tie the game. Use those two time outs and Russell has anywhere from 1:45 to 1:20 to get us into field goal range before the end of regulation.

Other than that, I blame Russell, I blame Waldron, I blame the defense for playing horribly undisciplined football in the 2nd half.

But since you're a Pete hater, I can see how you like to tie in every single loss and negative issue as Pete's fault. It fits your never ending exhausting narrative perfectly.

Sarge, he is the head coach. The Boss. Its his job to adjust and fix issues when and if his coordinators or players are screwing things up (in which he didnt). Your acting as if he has no input whatsoever. He needs to be held accountable just like everybody else because he did a poor job too.

No I'm acting like I always act, placing blame at everyone's feet when we lose.......and giving everyone credit when we win.

You're the one that just blames Pete because you have a "fire Pete" narrative to stick to, which renders your opinions moot most of the time because you're not being objective to these conversations.

We can always parse percentages of blame or credit, but when you're 100% Pete, 0% Russell or anyone else?

Sorry dude, can't take you seriously.

You cant take me seriously, but yet you lay no blame on the head coach for the loss. Ok.

I would like to get rid of Pete because no matter how many changes are made, the results are always the same. He's the NFC's Mike Tomlin. Good enough to win in the regular season but not good enough to win in the post season. I feel he has run his course in Seattle.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I've been saying we are the NFC's version of the Steelers for some time.

The Steelers have a little bit better record in the playoffs, miss it more but go to the Conference game at least once, but essentially they are what we are:

A team that is dangerous in the regular season, known for being hard to play, but no threat in the playoffs outside of the wildcard.

We are an aging team with an aging coach that still keeps us competitive but won't be anything of note in the playoffs.

That is better than the Jets though, but whether you are happy or not depends on your expectations.

It is a fun team to go see regular-season games, not a playoff contender. Those days left when the LOB and Lynch did.