Thoughts on switching to a 3-4

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
With a 3-4 defense what most people consider a DE I call a DT typically will line up across from a OT, I like the size to be 300 ish and have the ability to be a 5 tech. If you have a good DT the edge next to him will be a star. I look to the Steeler and Parcells coached Giant teams being good examples. As far as a NT they need to be good enough to command at least a double team every play if the center can handle him with single blocking you need a different NT.

The one thing that a 3-4 gives you is the possibility of deception such as the zone blitz and with Vic Fangio’s version interchange CBs and Safeties after the QB makes his pre snap reads

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Top 10, huh? LMAO.

Rookie DC is referring to Hurtt. He will go to Pete when adversity hits, and Pete will make suggestions that will lead back to how he's always done it. Passive, stay on top, simplify. Softzone, allow opposing QBs to get comfortable by telegraphing coverage presnap, can't get off the field. Can't force turnovers.

Pete should've retired after 2017 in hindsight. The game has passed him by.
By now, you gotta be feeling pretty stupid, eh? LOLOLOL

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I have no idea whether the game has actually passed Pete by or not, but I feel safe in the belief that he knows more about football than anyone who posts on this forum. That doesn’t preclude him from making mistakes; he makes them just like anyone else. But this idea that he knows less than we do because he’s older is mystifying to me.
LOLOL Yeah, it's not actually "Mystifying" it's STUPIDITY to believe that ANYONE HERE ON .NET is smarter than Pete Carroll....Eh Fade??

Latest posts