Thoughts on the game (Rams)

NoGain

Reaction score
I've been thinking and saying for a few weeks now about how important it was to get these two wins against Washington and the Rams and get to 7-3 before we head into that four game stretch against the 9ers, Cowboys, and Eagles. For me, it was the difference between being solidly positioned for the playoffs and the season being cast into a very precarious state.

This was a bad loss for so many different reasons.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The refs were terrible. It was so one-sided. How could they have missed the roughing the passer penalty on Donald in which Geno got hurt? That was way too obvious of a call to miss.

rcaido

Reaction score
Its a bad loss but really no one else going to challenge the 6th & 7th spot of the wildcard

Optimus25

Reaction score
I think Drew Lock proved why he isn't the QBOTF
Geno himself never came in and destroyed teams, which is why he was a backup for a decade.

Lock made a great read and throw his very first play that JSN made a rookie play and didn’t do anything at all to help his QB.

Then he gets to a 3rd and short and Shane dials up a deep drop throw for no reason.

Then he underthrows Tyler on a play he’ll learn from.

I have no less faith in drew lock than Geno at this point.

Anything you throw at drew lock at this point is just showing how hypocritical you are by saying we have to hitch to a career backup who caught fire last year and has been average at best since.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think Drew Lock proved why he isn't the QBOTF
We gotta draft a CB or a WR with our first pick next year. I mean we have plenty, but Pete likes to draft CBs and WRs. No way in hell we take a QB.

We always draft great players, in positions we're already deep at.

NJHawk

Reaction score
We are a 500 team with a 500 coach. They play just good enough to give fans false hope.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Geno himself never came in and destroyed teams, which is why he was a backup for a decade.

Lock made a great read and throw his very first play that JSN made a rookie play and didn’t do anything at all to help his QB.

Then he gets to a 3rd and short and Shane dials up a deep drop throw for no reason.

Then he underthrows Tyler on a play he’ll learn from.

I have no less faith in drew lock than Geno at this point.

Anything you throw at drew lock at this point is just showing how hypocritical you are by saying we have to hitch to a career backup who caught fire last year and has been average at best since.
We don't have to hitch to him permanently, and I don't think even his fans want us to, myself included.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
1. Drafting a QB with Waldron at the helm is asking for a disaster. Dude has to go at the very latest at the end of this season (should be now).
2. Defense looks old, slow, and unimpactful and is tying up all of our cap space. Where is Diggs? Where is Dremont Jones? Where is Frank Clark? Where is Jamal (oh wait of course). Darrell Taylor can't set the edge and gets run directly at like a bowling pin. Wagner and Brooks can't cover and will get diced by Kittle and all day next week.
3. Woolen gets another hands to the face penalty like a dumbass. Did he not almost lose the game to the Browns doing the same thing? I guess we don't learn our lesson on anything (see Metcalf).
4. How many penalties + yards today? 10/100+ yards? Seriously? What are we even doing.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
At this point firing Waldron and hiring Dorsey sounds like a decent move. It's not like that playcalling will beat the Niners anyhow.

hawks85

Reaction score
This is the second time I'm saying this. I'll give Geno is flowers today. This wasn't Geno's fault or even Waldron's fault. Mcvay didn't do anything tricky or special besides a couple of plays (Telling Nacua to flop to the ground to draw the DPI). We lost this game by that Bullshit DPI against Witherspoon when Nacua flopped to the ground. Witherspoon didn't touch him. I watched that play 20x. The refs were looking for a reason to throw a flag. Mcvay is a phukkin piece of shit HC.

James in PA

Reaction score
I just knew it was going wide...can't get them all
I did too. I knew when they opted for that stupid run play vs a sideline throw to get them 10 yards closer, they screwed themselves. Such amateur play calling.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I did too. I knew when they opted for that stupid run play vs a sideline throw to get them 10 yards closer, they screwed themselves. Such amateur play calling.
Turns out it was Geno that made the call due to a helmet comms malfunction. He didn't hear the actual play call. He should have spiked it there and got a legit play in before the kick.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Listening to Geno after the game he said a play didn't come in on his headset so he just called the run up the gut . 😂

Now that situational awareness!!

I'm waiting for him to say " this is on me , I have to play better " 😆

Latest posts