TJ vs the Cards?

JPatera76

Reaction score
pmedic920":2bgik3c0 said:
I'm torn.
There is very good points on both sides.

I don't want to go to GB but I know the odds of beating the same team (Vikes) in their house twice aren't good either.

Obvious reducing the risk of injuries in an almost lame duck game is a factor.

I'm torn :{)

Agreed, As well when we played them we had Rawls, so we had a worthy run game. And they were minus a few Key defensive players whom they have back now. Seattle as we know has, Kam injured and we still don't know how long it will take, marshawn whom all we have for info is what we're told, postive reports but with some imo doubt. We have jack for TE's now, and our run game is... uuuuuummmmmmm... We don't have one.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
This team is all about momentum and I can't disagree with the way they have for things the last few years. They've obviously been very successful and feel like if they can get that momentum back them they can beat anyone. No sleep till Santa Clara.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
As the week continues, and more and more of his cast is coming up lame, letting Russ ride the pine is looking better and better, isn't it?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17evkdxo said:
Largent80":17evkdxo said:
This game has turned into the 4th pre season game and should be approached that way.

Why would you say this when;

1. Seedings are still on the line for both teams
2. Both coaches have said otherwise
Bruce Arian's view on this has no relevance whatsoever because this game still means a lot for AZ. Still a decent possibility that AZ-SEA decides whether the NFC championship game is held in Glendale or Charlotte.

Pete Carroll has certainly proven himself with his ability to make good decisions for the locker room, but on the other hand going for it is always going to be his play no matter what. If you believe a more nuanced view that there are good and bad times to rest your starters then Pete's opinion that we should go for it isn't that useful. It's either one of the times when he wants to go for it and he is right, or one of the times when he wants to go for it and he is wrong. I don't see how just knowing he wants to go for it (like always) is helpful information.

It's also not a good idea to judge where you want to play based only on previous outcomes for two reasons. First, things change very quickly in the NFL. Neither the Redskins or the Seahawks are close to the same teams that they were in our last game in FedEx field. Second and more importantly though, individual outcomes of games do not provide as much information about the underlying teams as people think. Teams and players have good and bad days, good plays fail all the time and bad plays sometime succeed, and teams learn a lot over time that change how they approach future games.

I would absolutely treat this game like the 4th preseason game. The most important information we need for the playoffs is some clarity on the RBBC in case Lynch is not able to go and the most important outcome for us is having key players recover with no further injuries.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Yup. If our aim, as it should be, is to get to the big game, we'll have far tougher opponents than Green Bay along the way. Can't believe people are that much more scared of them than the Redskins, they suck. Treat it like the last preseason game, imo. Or you know, sit him the whole game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If he sits......more opportunities to get a siggy on one of my flags???

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1onot1pf said:
Wilson should sit, but I think Pete wants to wash the bad taste out of his mouth from the Rams game.

I'm afraid there isn't going to be enough Listerine in the whole State of Arizona to accomplish this.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":kbzlfa4c said:
kearly":kbzlfa4c said:
Wilson should sit, but I think Pete wants to wash the bad taste out of his mouth from the Rams game.

I'm afraid there isn't going to be enough Listerine in the whole State of Arizona to accomplish this.

I shall have to bring some down with me from Idaho. Leave on Saturday.
:mrgreen: :twisted: :x :pukeface: :16: :throwup:

nash72

Reaction score
Pete's ego is too big. He wont rest anybody if he doesn't have to. To hell with the repercussions.