Trade Rumors

Chawker

Reaction score
Normally, I'll pay little attention to these thing until one jumps up that leaves me thinking, what if....

This is a three team trade, Cardinals, Gaints and the Seahawks.

The Cardinals would receive the Gaints 6, 17 and 37 picks.

The Gaints would receive Russell Wilson.

The Seahawks would get the no. 1 pick in this years draft with two conditional picks in 2020 and 2021 2 or 3 rounders. Depending on russ performance.

I'd like to hear what you think about this?
Cheers

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not nearly enough immediate return for the team to try and compete. People far undervalue RW, but also the desire for the team to move forward without taking step back. PC doesnt want to take 1-2 years off to rebuild.

The Seahawks would also need one of the Giants 1st round picks to draft RWs replacement (because they arent taking Kyler Murray with the #1 overall)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You don't let a franchise QB go. It would take a minimum of 3 first rounders to even consider trading him.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'd probably cry myself to sleep at night for the rest of my meaningful adult life, before finally succumbing to a crippling alcohol addiction super young.

I kid, I kid. Sort of.

For 1, I can't see the Cards and Seahawks co-existing in such a franchise altering move for both franchises. Secondly, if I'm trading Russell (which IMHO you absolutely can not if you dont already have his replacement in the building ala Favre/Rodgers or Montana/Young albeit a younger version) I'm going to need much more back than the #1 overall pick and a few conditional 2nd and 3rd rounders. I'm going to need multiple firsts because in the scenario above, I now have to spend a likely high draft pick on finding Russell's replacement immediately.

The 12th Man would hang Schneider and Carroll upside down by their shoes in Occidental Park like Mussolini, and rightfully so, if they made this trade.

Love the idea though. Like I said, I'm not 100% against trading Russ. In the words of the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase, "everybody's got a price." But for Russ, unfortunately this ain't that price. Not even close.

AirStrike

Reaction score
What’s up with people wanting to trade Wilson? I honestly don’t get it, it’s beyond stupid.

sutz

Reaction score
It is the silly season. All the Fantasy Football and Madden types will be running rampant.

:229031_shrug:

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
AirStrike":1bvmh28v said:
What’s up with people wanting to trade Wilson? I honestly don’t get it, it’s beyond stupid.
Because he will demand over 30 mil a year. And no team has won with a QB making absurd amount of money, yes Russ is a franchise QB, but I believe you cant win if you handicap the cap

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Where did Russ say there was a deadline? Where did he demand 40 mil a year like so many have said? I'll go ahead and wait...…..
the AGENT says something for the client, this is nothing new. Get ready for 6 wins, maybe. No way in hell this team even sniffs a winning season w/out Russ. Period

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kao55fd said:
Where did Russ say there was a deadline? Where did he demand 40 mil a year like so many have said? I'll go ahead and wait...…..
the AGENT says something for the client, this is nothing new. Get ready for 6 wins, maybe. No way in hell this team even sniffs a winning season w/out Russ. Period
If Russ demands 35+ we will never sniff another SB and he will be running for his life because we can’t pay oline

Uncle Si

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":1uomzkt3 said:
SoulfishHawk":1uomzkt3 said:
If Russ demands 35+ we will never sniff another SB and he will be running for his life because we can’t pay oline

The salary cap will go up as well.

RWs future salary may restrain the FO a bit, but it's not like the team won't have any flexibility

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well at least we know that if we don't make the Super Bowl again, it's Russ' fault. Good to know. Other QB's get huge deals, nobody seems to care. Russ is about to get a big deal, and that someone is ruining his team's chance for a title :roll:
In a couple years, his deal will look like a bargain. Again. The Cap will jump 10 mil or so every year. In what world is trading a top 5 QB going to help this team?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":acl2n87e said:

Most agents don't go rogue and just unilaterally set contract deadlines without first consulting with their client.

Agents are the bad cop, that's what they do, they put things out publicly that the player doesn't want to in order to not weaken their public image.

It's not a new tactic........nor should it be cause for alarm. It's simply Russell wanting to make sure everyone knows he wants this deal done ASAP so that he can focus coming to OTA's and starting the new season without his contract situation hanging over him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":2w1exsrh said:
It is the silly season. All the Fantasy Football and Madden types will be running rampant.

:229031_shrug:
Hey that’s my line......8)

I agree! :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":dozkow5s said:
425HawkSpark":dozkow5s said:
SoulfishHawk":dozkow5s said:

The salary cap will go up as well.

RWs future salary may restrain the FO a bit, but it's not like the team won't have any flexibility
How dare you sir for bringing common sense to this discussion. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So he wants a new deal. And? Nothing different than any other top QB and/or the next guy up for a deal. But I guess I just don't understand why he seems to be held to a different standard that's all.
Oh well, he's not going anywhere. I hope he signs a mega deal and I hope a lot of people are angry about it. He just keeps winning, that's all that matters. A big reason I like Russ so much is that so many people refuse to accept him or give him credit for anything. Makes me want him to succeed even more. But hey, bash away, it doesn't impact him one bit, even if it makes people feel better. :?
He carries himself w/class, he is who he is and that's not going to change. He's a strange cat, so what? Unlike the bashers, he has NEVER badmouthed a teammate, the fans or his coaches in public. Ever. Trading him would be a massive mistake. This team was in the playoffs and is on the rise, why go backwards?

Tusc2000

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":58wec0li said:
You don't let a franchise QB go. It would take a minimum of 3 first rounders to even consider trading him.

^^^This.
Great QBs don't grow on trees.
Russ is a great QB.
We'll never be a championship team without a great QB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1przoapr said:
So he wants a new deal. And? Nothing different than any other top QB and/or the next guy up for a deal. But I guess I just don't understand why he seems to be held to a different standard that's all.
Oh well, he's not going anywhere. I hope he signs a mega deal and I hope a lot of people are angry about it. He just keeps winning, that's all that matters. A big reason I like Russ so much is that so many people refuse to accept him or give him credit for anything. Makes me want him to succeed even more. But hey, bash away, it doesn't impact him one bit, even if it makes people feel better. :?
He carries himself w/class, he is who he is and that's not going to change. He's a strange cat, so what? Unlike the bashers, he has NEVER badmouthed a teammate, the fans or his coaches in public. Ever. Trading him would be a massive mistake. This team was in the playoffs and is on the rise, why go backwards?

I agree with you, but to play Devil's Advocate I do think a LARGE part of how Pete's wired combined with his philosophy of having an elite defense and punishing ball control offense does pose the question of "does he think he can build another SB contender WITHOUT Russell and his 35M+ salary sucking up 20% of the cap?"

It's an interesting philosophical question, and I'm sure one Pete and John have been discussing for the past two years in deciding on whether to hand Russell 100M+ guaranteed making it more difficult to build another elite defense that jibes with how Pete likes his team built.

Latest posts