Trading Marquee Players for 2 First Round Picks...

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jamal Adams just the 8th player traded for 2 first-round picks since 2000

...With Adams taking his talents from the Big Apple to Seattle, here is a look at the other players who have been swapped for two first-round picks in the last 20 years.

Joey Galloway

...That was the final straw for Seattle, as it sent him to the Cowboys in exchange for first-round picks in the 2000 and 2001 NFL drafts.

Dallas gave Galloway a contract that made him the second-highest paid receiver in the league upon his arrival, but he never quite lived up to the deal. The Seahawks, meanwhile, used one of the two first-round picks the Cowboys gave them on Shaun Alexander, who went on to become a three-time Pro Bowler and MVP in 2005.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/2 ... en-ramsey/

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think this article does a better job of comparison.

http://www.footballperspective.com/trad ... -a-player/

His Example:

If we apply a 10% discount rate to each year, and presume that the Seahawks 1st round picks will be around 24 overall, and treat McDougald as roughly equivalent to a 2020 4th round pick… then I have the Jets receiving about 29-30 points of AV on my draft chart, and 1350-1400 points on the traditional JJ chart.

That means the Jets received a top-10 overall pick for Adams on the traditional chart,

and a top-3 overall pick on my chart.

So however you look at it, we either gave up a top 10 overall value pick for Jamal Adams, or a Top 3 overall pick for Adams.

Well worth it IMHO.

Jville

Reaction score
Absolutely worth it and looking better with every passing day. At the moment, I sense that the value of all 2021 draft picks is in free fall because of fall game cancellations at the college level.

It's a view that is probably not shared by Jets fans and pundits.

seabowl

Reaction score
ivotuk":3m9u3kyh said:
Jamal Adams just the 8th player traded for 2 first-round picks since 2000

...With Adams taking his talents from the Big Apple to Seattle, here is a look at the other players who have been swapped for two first-round picks in the last 20 years.

Joey Galloway

...That was the final straw for Seattle, as it sent him to the Cowboys in exchange for first-round picks in the 2000 and 2001 NFL drafts.

Dallas gave Galloway a contract that made him the second-highest paid receiver in the league upon his arrival, but he never quite lived up to the deal. The Seahawks, meanwhile, used one of the two first-round picks the Cowboys gave them on Shaun Alexander, who went on to become a three-time Pro Bowler and MVP in 2005.

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/2 ... en-ramsey/

The Galloway comparison is not the best example as he tore his ACL a few games after the trade. I remember after the trade loving to hope for Dallas to lose every game knowing we had their first round picks. With what appears to be a weird season upon us though i would not pencil in the Hawks picking at the low end of the draft as CV-19 can change personnel really quick. Nothing would shock me this year and even if the Hawks had an average to below average srason.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Heck, I remember when the Seahawks gave up two high first round picks in the same draft for just one player. We were that convinced the guy we were about to take was THAT special and hard to find.

-- The Patriots turned the #8 and #10 picks into Ray Agnew and Chris Singleton. Fine professional football players.

-- However, I bet the Pats would rather have had Cortez Kennedy.

Throw in the devalued draft evaluation problems that are about to occur due to C19, and I think we absolutely ROBBED the Jets. But it is the Jets, so is it something to brag about? Probably not.

Mase

Throwdown

Reaction score
When you see that the CFB season is in jeopardy, id say it was a savvy move by JS

Rat

Reaction score
I think people are overstating this “devaluing” of first rounders, but this was definitely a win-win in my mind. Both teams should be happy about what they got, kind of like the Frank Clark trade.

Latest posts