Trap game vs the Dolphins

seabowl

Reaction score
Not sure about anyone else but I feel that this coming Sunday has all the makings for a trap game. Injuries, looooong flight, Dolphins had a long rest are the recipe for a letdown here. Thoughts?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think this team will be ready to roll. But it would certainly be something a team could get caught doing, looking past an opponent. I just don't think the Hawks will.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't worry much about 'trap' games. Russ just had his one bad game of the year. We good. :mrgreen:

NJlargent

Reaction score
I don't think this will be the blowout many people anticipate, but I am hoping that it is a game that builds the D's confidence a bit and they use it as a stepping stone to become serviceable.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I think it's going to have more to do with who's available to play...
The Jag's ran the ball well against the Phin's, until they got behind and had to throw.
If Minshew had competent receivers, was a more accurate passer, they could have destroyed Miami...
I look for Russ to expose their defense, for them to run enough to pull the DB's forward and then drop bombs behind their secondary...
On the defensive side, limit Fitz's running for 1st downs...
He did that a lot against the Jag's, as weird as that sounds!
I think this game is very winnable, it's going to depend a lot on who is healthy enough to play.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We're going to destroy the Dolphins.

There's no home field advantage this year, so being on the road won't make as much of a difference.

James in PA

Reaction score
I hate playing down there. I think we lost the last time we played there despite being the much better team. I’m sure it will be sunny and humid and we’ll be wearing our dark jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkerD

Reaction score
James in PA":3ace1u8p said:
I hate playing down there. I think we lost the last time we played there despite being the much better team. I’m sure it will be sunny and humid and we’ll be wearing our dark jerseys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid 80's and rain. 80% humidity.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Dolphins are 10-5 all time vs Seattle and
they've won 7 out of 9 matchups all time in Miami.

The last time the Seahawks have won in Miami was 1996.

Here's the link to these stats: https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/miami-dolphins/teamvsteam?opp=28

Also a fun fact: Miami's first pro football team were called the Seahawks in 1946, before moving to Baltimore and changing their name to the Colts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Seahawks

All that aside, I agree with the OP. I'm worried that Fitzmagic will carve our defense. Our team struggles down there plus the humidity.

kf3339

Reaction score
This is only a trap game if we don't focus on the task at hand. That means treat them no different than we would the Patriots, Packers, Ravens, Chiefs or any of our divisional opponents. If we do that it should be a solid victory similar to our Atlanta game.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Ironically, this team is at its best in 10 am Pacific start times on the East Coast. I think we have won the last 9 (playoffs included) of those.

"Trap games" are for weak mental teams. That's not this one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Miami's actually got a pretty good defense. Young, but if you watched the Jags game they were flying around and hitting.

This game will be no different than our first three games, if Russell can hang 35-40 points up, we win. If he has even an average game, we will probably lose.

Until our D finds some sort of consistency and stops allowing teams to hang around with blown coverages and giving up big plays, then this is how it's going to go every............single...............week.

It's all on Russell.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Give me 1 area the fish have more talent ? You can't. 4-0

Ozzy

Reaction score
I havent watched any Dolphins games but they do look improved. Saw an advanced stat that said they had one of the worst coverage grades in the league though so Russ should find success again.

But like Sgt said this game as always, is on Russell.

chris98251

Reaction score
They read headline also, Russell 14 TD passes in three games, as a player you don't want to be the next statistic, they will gear up to stop the pass if they can, we really need a run game to pull them inside.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
HawkFan72":10uudmay said:
I think the injuries to our Defense could bring out the FitzMagic, which sucks.
With everyone passing over over 390+ yards on this defense, then I think it's highly likely that Fitzpatrick pads his passing stats in this game. We can debate whether or not he gets TD's or racks up INT's, but he'll at least break 300+ passing yards.

Latest posts